If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Magic: The Gathering

Comments

• a little muffled

It's boring. Card is probably good, but the original Ghost Council was interesting and tricky, and this one isn't.

• Oh man, blue-black Lord of Extinction and a Gideon that could plausibly kill all the eldrazi by himself.

• Clan Defiance is awesome! X damage to both a creature and its controller for XRG is great as-is, but the potential to do it to another creature as well is what cements it.

The only real problem with it is that it has to compete with Bonfire in a Standard environment.

• You can change. You can.

I saw the spoilers.

I am an excited person.

• edited 2013-01-02 10:39:52
    Has friends besides tanks now

. . . At least Gideon can't take out Obzedat. 8)

I think he's a boring as hell card, but that semi-dependence on the opponent's field (to be fair, if they don't have anything, he's still a 4/4 for 2WW) probably just makes him a good sideboard card. I guess it depends on what decks are running around? (Standard chat again; don't know what Modern decks he fits into, and I only sorta care for Legacy, and not at all for Vintage)

• The frustrating thing is that he doesn't have any impact the turn he comes into play. His +1 can toughen him up, but if they have enough creatures that it does so significantly, it seems more likely he'll end up as an expensive and ineffective fog.

But: style points.

• Has friends besides tanks now
    At least the Dimir cards are really cool.
  • Also, Biovisionary, because we need more alternative win conditions that involve cloning.

Biovisionary + Cackling Counterpart + Populate = Standard just got new combos baby

• a little muffled
    Or just Infinite Reflection + mana dorks.
  • Copy that.

I already love this set so much more than RTR.

• a little muffled

> better than rtr
    > doesn't have filibuster counters

• edited 2013-01-02 14:20:56
    Has friends besides tanks now

Those are pretty good, as is Dracogenius, but I'd rather win with cloning than congress. Plus, Gatecrash has Dimir, Orzhov, Gruul, and Simic.

• a little muffled

yes but

izzet

(also azorius)

• ^^ tUMUt

also azorius

booooooooooooo

I'll give you Izzet, though.

• Simic >= Your favourite guild

• a little muffled

I can accept greater or equal.

• But you never had any to begin with.

Biovisionary + Mirrorweave. Game, Set, Match.

• edited 2013-01-02 16:16:46
    a little muffled

Unless your opponent has four creatures too, in which case their trigger resolves first.

• But you never had any to begin with.

Hence why you cast it on your opponent's turn.

• edited 2013-01-02 17:07:56
    a little muffled

I suppose, but that gives them an extra untap and draw between your casting Visionary and winning.

+1

• edited 2013-01-02 18:46:30
    smote

Heh. That needs to be played right after someone uses Azorius Charm's lifelink effect.

• a little muffled
    Alternatively, in response to Thragtusk.
  • edited 2013-01-02 18:52:06
    smote

Well yeah, but I meant for the flavor. 

Speaking of which, I just noticed the flavor text of this printing of Watery Grave has Ral Zarek on it. It's about time.

• a little muffled
    Oh, true. Didn't see that.

Responding to Tusk just makes me happy because it's reminiscent of the days of Flames of the Blood Hand vs Loxodon Hierarch battles.
    It also downgrades Sphinx's Revelation quite well.

Or just Infinite Reflection + mana dorks.

I forgot Infinite Reflection was a thing.