If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Magic: The Gathering

Comments

• But you never had any to begin with.

• Has friends besides tanks now

Looks like the perfect card for my Zur EDH.

"Some have said there is no subtlety to destruction. You know what? They're dead."

Jaya, come back, you're cooler than Chandra. ;_;

(revamped Hellminer considerably. Anyone around for some games?)

• You can change. You can.

Jaya is best planeswalker.

except for maybe urza but that's because i'd like to think he's batman

• If Batman ended up joining Ra's Al'Ghul instead of foiling his plan, and then lost a deathmatch to Nightwing, sure.

Áre you doubting the canonicity of my fanfic

• yes, because there aren't any lesbians in it

Cass and Steph.

Check. Mate.

• EN PASSANT.

Have I mentioned that I love Dimir?

• edited 2012-12-28 16:47:07

My new favourite RtR keyword. Though Cipher, Extort (and to a lesser extent, Unleash and Bloodrush) bug me in that they don't play particularly well with their respective Ravnica keywords.

So...

• Detain

• Extort

• Batallion

• Populate

• Cipher

• Overload

• Evolve

• Unleash

• Scavenge

• Bloodrush

Edit: The Azorius don't Arrest.

Edit edit: Typos.

Let's be honest, do you really want something that makes Transmute more powerful?

• Well, Dredge got Scavenge!

Also, Dimir has a perfect card to play with Cipher. Dimir Infiltrator.

• Oh, it plays perfectly well with Ravnica's Dimir cards, but not its keyword, which was what Wizards said would happen.

That said, Dimir Infiltrator is perfect for Cipher unless you Transmute it, so in a certain sense it has backwards synergy with Transmute.

That's fucking awesome. A slightly more expensive but repeatable Windfall? I'll take it.

• a little muffled

Oh, it plays perfectly well with Ravnica's Dimir cards, but not its keyword, which was what Wizards said would happen.
    No they didn't.

• None of original Ravnica's mechanics [keywords in context] were reused in Return to Ravnica, but we wanted to make sure that the mechanics felt similar and had good interplay. [...] The same will be true for all of the guilds in the block.

Source.

• edited 2012-12-28 13:54:49
    Has friends besides tanks now

Reading the SA Magic thread (where I get a lot of my info), I'm left wondering if Delver will make a comeback, and Invisible Stalker will almost certainly see more play.

(not that anyone here cares about Standard)

Anyone wanna play Modern?

• a little muffled

@Stormtroper: I'm trying to find the post on Maro's Tumblr where he clarified that the intent was that the new keywords played well with the guilds themselves, not specifically their keywords, but finding Tumblr posts is a pain in the ass when you can't remember the exact words used.

• Ahh, alright then. Cipher is forgiven.

• edited 2012-12-31 00:21:39
    You can change. You can.

http://media.wizards.com/images/magic/tcg/products/gtc/7anbuzmoy2_en.jpg

Not as good Rings of Brightheart but 1) what is? (Don't say Mirari) and 2) less mana intensive, which is good, too.

ETA: a list of today's spoilers

Hmm. Deathpact Angel seems kinda wonky, but the evolve cards are real cool.
  • Oh man, Illusionist's Bracers in a Mangara deck. Things that let you untap him (Thousand-Year Elixir, Magewright Stone, etc.) were always the key to that deck, but now each activation can be doubled. Yes.

There are some really flavorful cards in here.

I like the design of "Call of the Nightwing"--since cipher isn't a targeted ability, it can encode on the token it creates.

Burning-Tree Emissary seems like it'll get broken in Dredge somehow.

Burning-Tree Emissary, meet Aluren.

• a little muffled

In Standard, Emissary into Lightning Mauler, swing for 4 seems like a solid turn 2 play.

• edited 2013-01-01 02:27:34
    Has friends besides tanks now

Well, this is pretty cool. A slightly more expensive, more aggressive/pressuring but arguably less strategic version of Ghost Dad 1.0. I really want Standard decks to use this card, because it's friggin' awesome.

• a little muffled

Card is good but it really bothers me that it's an Advisor. Since, you know, it's blatantly not. The original Ghost Council was a Lord and while they don't use that creature type anymore, come on, just Spirit is better than Advisor...

I liked Ghost Dad 1.0 because it had synergy with haunt. This...is kinda lacking. Although it's still a 5/5. That's gotta count for something. 

I suppose it might lack synergy with other cards, but it also steals twice as much life per blink as 1.0 did, and you can keep more stuff on your board and save mana while doing it, with the tradeoff being that you can't use the blink as a response to, say, instant removal.