If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Magic: The Gathering

Comments

• Has friends besides tanks now

No, Zur is the guy with the tree staff and the crazy eyebrows who's stupidly good at self-preservation. >:D

Are you still around for that? And anyone else, for that matter?

• You can change. You can.

oh shit you are right

it's been a long time since i've magic'd

• edited 2012-12-09 00:49:20
    Has friends besides tanks now

And, from what I've gathered about Zur, 1v1 wouldn't be terribly fun, if I've put this deck together correctly. And I've spent all day putting it together and building based off of Gatherer and multiple other decklists online, so I certainly hope I have a good mold for it.

Although I do have another deck, though I don't think that one's nearly as good.

<3 Zur the Enchanter <3

• Yeah, he's just abzurd.

So neither of these games went well for me and now I have to wonder...

Can someone list all of the black wraths

please

• Some of these are situational, but: Damnation, Mutilate, Plague Wind, Decree of Pain, Bane of the Living, Havoc Demon, Dregs of Sorrow, Consume the Meek.

• But you never had any to begin with.

Black Sun's Zenith can be used as (a really expensive) one, too. And Dread Cacodemon is an opponent focused one on legs.

• edited 2012-12-09 11:43:31
    You can change. You can.

Decided to go with the Cacodemon in the end because Jarad needs more sacrifices, anyway.

ETA: Who would be up for some card slinging of the Highlander kind?

• edited 2012-12-09 12:34:43

If you're still around, I'd like to do some more.

black wraths

I like Killing Wave, personally. :D

Oh, and sorry about the Armageddon tossed in there.

You're forgiven (For what is worth, I still found it extremely hilarious. Like I said, it's seriously the first time I've seen anyone ever do that)

Killing Wave is sweet, actually but it has the whole "Let your opponent choose" issue that makes it all the weaker.

• edited 2012-12-09 12:49:08

Admittedly, I like it for its win-more-ness in my Zur deck, since Zur is generally the only creature I care about keeping around and I'll gladly pay whatever stupid amount I'd like to pump into Killing Wave (as opposed to Armageddon, which can be win-more, but can also lock opponents out if I'm pushed into a bad spot). I suppose Damnation would be more practical, but I don't want to make my deck that much more expensive. I'll go halfway and use Black Sun's Zenith, I think.

(For what is worth, I still found it extremely hilarious. Like I said, it's seriously the first time I've seen anyone ever do that)

It probably says a lot about me that that's the first time I've seen Armageddon used, as well.

Anyway, room for three is in the up and up. Pass is tropermtg.

• edited 2012-12-09 16:14:22

So, aside from the part where it takes a whole day to put a deck together, EDH ain't half bad, as long as I have at least some consistency with my deck.

But it bugs me that there's probably a lot of ways that I might have been able to save myself in that last game; not being paranoid and so not playing Greater Auramancy the second time, so I could equip Daybreak Coronet to something; not missing the land drop on turn five, that might have helped; wasting Mystical Tutor because I was already skipping the draw step.

Well, in any case, time for adjustments. e.g. How could I forget Sun Titan and Supreme Verdict?

But it bugs me that there's probably a lot of ways that I might have been able to save myself in that last game

You actually could have used Hall of the Bandit Lord to summon Zur, give it haste and use an enchantment that might have powered him just enough to swing for lethal Commander Damage.

Not sure if Haven mentioned it to you once the game was over, but...yeah.

• edited 2012-12-09 16:40:05

When I was at 4? I suppose so, but by the time I wanted to cast Zur, I had already needed to take 1 (from City of Brass) to play Scroll Rack in the hopes that I would get an answer that way instead of the useless stuff in my hand. I suppose that was the wrong play, though. . . . Yeah, that was pretty silly of me.

Right after killing Haven and Jseblan, you were at five..so before that.

Oh. Hmm. I don't remember.

But I mean, there were lots of ways I could have played that better. I passed up at least a few opportunities to kill both Haven and jseblan before you did, I think.

• edited 2012-12-09 21:21:04

So, taking into consideration the cards used against me in today's game, cards I remembered well after the fact, and cards I saw when watching Reid Duke cube-draft Esper in the 2012 Player's Championship, I think my deck's a fair bit better now, as well as a fair bit cheaper. Anyone wanna play?

• Note to self: make a deck specifically for anyone who thinks a Zur deck running Armageddon needs to be "better and cheaper".
  • edited 2012-12-09 23:11:29

hahahahahaha

Like I said, I'll make a non-blue/white control EDH deck one of these years.

(And I meant "cheaper" as in price; no Tundras, or Underground Seas, or Mind Sculptors, or anything like that, you might have noticed. Once I've perfected this deck, I think it would be cool to have it in paper. Although I guess cheaper also in the sense that I added a Heartless Summoning)

EDIT: Eh, got rid of Armageddon anyway. Too winmore in 1v1, and it apparently really pisses some people off.

• Just built an Isperia the Inscrutable EDH.

This is gonna be fun. >:)

• Your worth is 50 yen!

I just built a Phelddagrif EDH for forty bucks.

I'm not convinced it can win except by accident. Or by killing someone with generosity (read: card advantage).

It's almost literally nothing but lands and cards that benefit one or all of my opponents. Lots of "Everyone draws X cards", Magus of the Vineyard-esque effects, that kinda stuff. If it really "goes off" (inasmuch as it can do that), every player will be drawing about four extra cards a turn and getting about seven green mana during their main phase.

The rest of the deck is restrictive ("each player can only cast one spell per turn", "each player can only untap up to two creatures per turn") and preventative ("prevent all combat damage") to make sure everyone plays nice with each other.

I plan to play it at my group's Christmas party.

• Isperia's one of my favorite EDH decks. ...I should put Storm Crow back in it.

I plan to play it at my group's Christmas party.

Perfect.

• edited 2012-12-10 22:41:32

Anyone around for another EDH game?

Also, is it bad that my first instinct for a Red EDH deck is Zo Zu (after finding out what it is, of course) with land destruction? I mean, not mass LD like Armageddon, but I think it would at least be a good combo of equalizer and aggro.

Huh. Pulled 2 Abrupt Decay's in three packs (with the packs being back to back). And a Nivmagus Elemental. Not bad for three packs, though a shockland would've been cool.

• a little muffled

Two Abrupt Decays are worth more than any one RTR shockland, so.

• edited 2012-12-14 01:01:33

Yeah, but what if it had been TWO shocklands? Or an Abrupt Decay AND a shockland? HMM?

• What if it had been two Azor's Elocutors. What if that.

What if it had been two Search the City's?

(I would've been pissed, is what)