If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Magic: The Gathering

Comments

• You can change. You can.

fuck you search the city is a great johnny card

• edited 2012-12-16 16:33:00
    Has friends besides tanks now

You know, I could go for some EDH right now. Still just have the Zur the Enchanter deck, but I suppose I could netdeck a Zo-Zu the Punisher deck in the meantime. Nix that, going to dad's in a half hour.

(There's something I never thought I'd say six months ago)

(Also, Chrome users and maybe other browser users, check out the AutoCard Anywhere app, it's cool beans)

• But you never had any to begin with.
  • edited 2012-12-24 12:48:31
    But you never had any to begin with.

Two new Gatecrash spoilers.

Fathom Mage looks particularly nasty on Riku decks

• a little muffled

Fathom Mage, meet Increasing Savagery. I'm sure you'll get along just fine.

ooooh standard just got sexier

• Has friends besides tanks now
    Indeed. Well, as long as it means Standard gets faster.
  • a little muffled

Why would a combo involving two four-drops make it get faster?

Also isn't Standard already aggro-dominated?

• edited 2012-12-24 16:53:51
    Well, hopefully either or both of these cards finds a home that isn't fucking Bant Control. But you're probably right.

I don't know the exact proportions, but there's good aggro, good aggro with incidental lifegain, midrange and control bolstered by incidental lifegain, an combo decks that rely on lifegain to get to that combo. tl;dr Fuck Swagtusk and Revelation.

Makes me excited for Gruul, though, because aggro might get faster enough to balance out . . . Wait, who am I kidding, Gruul/Jund will probably be using Thragusk, too.
  • a little muffled

Fathom Mage does curve pretty well into Thragtusk...

I doubt Bant Control would play it though.

also why do you play standard seriously

• edited 2012-12-24 14:25:53
    I don't. But I've heard stories, man.

On the plus side, Bant already has Resto Angel in the four-drop slot. Unfortunately, different purpose, so Fathom Mage will probably end up in there somehow. (I'm mostly worried because I don't like Bant, you see)
  • a little muffled

Oh my god Fathom Mage + Sage of Fables. I need to do this.

>Searches for Revelation in the cockatrice database

>Players play with their hands revealed.

>green

>Players play with their hands revealed

>green

and that is how you fuck with the color pie

• a little muffled

> Legends

He was actually talking about Sphinx's Revelation though.

i figured it wasn't that card considering its non-standardiness

Oh God. Fathom Mage --> Thragtusk --> Resto blinking Thragtusk.
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

>click on thread to get rid of number
    >read "Fathom Mage" as "Fandom Mage."
    >be confused 

• edited 2012-12-25 00:31:37

That's pretty interesting. I wonder if it would work its way into a competitive deck.

(Speaking of elementals, anyone wanna play? Preferably Modern, but any normal format, really)

Wanna join me and jseblan for E Dee Eitch, AllNines?

No, thanks. Don't want to be up the entire night. (by which I mean I don't want to be up until two). I was gonna play a hyper-aggro Modern deck (Goblins + Hellrider + some Hellspark Elementals thrown in), so I could quickly see how it holds up.

Fair enough. I would help you try it but I'm testing my Christmas Gruul deck myself, so...yeah.

Ah. Well, good luck to ya, good night, and Merry Christmas.

Same to you, bro. 

• edited 2012-12-26 01:04:42

Just played some games with Haven and I'm wondering how I can do three things to make my "Hellminer" (Hellrider + Howling Mine + Goblins as the predominant aspect) deck better:

1) Make it more thematically appropriate (e.g. I like Hellspark Elemental, but it's only thematically appropriate in that it has Hell in its name, and maybe the Goblins are actually mining in hell or something).
    2) Make it more efficient (keep the curve as low as it is, but curve out better and more often, if possible, and have more answers to more deck archetypes; I've tried to account for that in the sideboard, but I might need to swap some cards between there and maindeck, and I might altogether be overlooking things I need to deal with)
    3) Keep it cheap (estimated price according to deckstats.net is $42.20 including sideboard, and I already have a fair number of the key cards). I'm considering tossing in AEther Vials, for instance, but I don't want to break the bank TOO hard, since I'd like to actually buy the rest of the stuff that I need for this deck and play it at Magic club, to astonish people who think my current Goblin deck is fast. On that note, I also know Bonfire would probs be a godsend here, but it costs money.

Decklist:

24 Mountain
    4 Lightning Bolt
    3 Hellrider
    4 Goblin Guide
    4 Faithless Looting
    4 Goblin Chieftain
    4 Hellspark Elemental
    4 Krenko, Mob Boss
    3 Infernal Plunge
    3 Howling Mine
    3 Krenko's Command
    SB: 2 Goblin Ruinblaster
    SB: 3 Goblin Grenade
    SB: 1 Mizzium Mortars
    SB: 3 Smelt
    SB: 3 Mogg Flunkies
    SB: 3 Searing Blaze

• edited 2012-12-26 01:19:11

Doublepost:

It'd be cool if it could at least trade with the other 4-drop Angel on the block (and if that angel didn't cancel the Helix if it was aimed at a creature. Resto was a really silly idea), but Battalion is a fucking awesome mechanic, and I could maybe see this card seeing play if it gets the right support. At the very least, it's very flavorful. Only problem is, Helix Angel means Lifegain Angel.

• @Evolve: Momir Vig is becoming more and more tempting a general.

On the other hand, Boros seems like it's going to be the best guild (again).

• Battalion more fun than I expected (as in, it seems like it'll have a bunch of tricks, and not only static boosts)... still not as cool as radiance, though.

• But you never had any to begin with.

I'm kinda sad that it's WR. I'd like to use it in my angel deck, but I'm not really willing to splash R there.

• edited 2012-12-26 10:57:27

^^^ Boros will be hellishly good in Limited, at the very least.