If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

A Wild Pokémon thread appeared!

Comments

• Has friends besides tanks now

Wow. Uhhh . . . okay, then.

• a little muffled

Admittedly, I got a bit lucky in that I switched in Flygon on the turn he used Dig and then got the KO with Earthquake, but seriously, Dig? I mean I get that Arcanine really wishes it had a good Ground move, but hell, using Bulldoze twice would do more damage than Dig in the same number of turns.

And it wouldn't be killed quite as hard by EdgeQuake.

• a little muffled

Man, some games my UU team behaves like a well-oiled machine, and others it just rolls over and dies.

Same with my main OU team.

I'm kinda glad I don't see many people use a VaporJolt core. I like having my own gimmick, and it works pretty well.

• No rainbow star
    I just remembered when a person kept using Thunderbolt on my Flygon

I was pretty much going, "Yes, I know Flygon has fly in it's name, but come on!"

Speaking of which, does anybody else think Flygon should have been Bug/Dragon instead?
  • edited 2012-03-10 18:16:14
    a little muffled

On one hand, it'd be so much worse.

On the other hand, yeah, that would make way more sense.

• I never really got into Pokemon. I tried playing the video games, but it seemed like you either needed a strategy guide or have extensive knowledge of the series to know which Pokemon to collect, which had good evolves, ect. I didn't want to do that much work just to play games with, from what I can tell, pretty rudimentary stories.

I would be more receptive to the card game, except there's no free way to play it online like Cockatrice or Dueling Network/Kaibacorp. There's an online version but it costs money. 

Flygon would have been way cooler as Bug/Dragon.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

it seemed like you either needed a strategy guide or have extensive knowledge of the series to know which Pokemon to collect, which had good evolves, ect.

Not really. In the game, near any Pokemon will carry you through to victory. All you need is a working knowledge of typing and the ability to check stats to see if you should be using Physical or Special based attacks.

• a little muffled

Honestly, the story mode is easy enough that you shouldn't have any trouble beating it by just using what you like, maybe with some concessions towards having a good balance of types.

• edited 2012-03-10 18:25:56
    No rainbow star
    ^^^^ You only need saud guides for competitive play and the Battle HaxFrontier You could beat the maingame with a team of Magikarp if you desired

Edit: Ninja'd
  • And Ghetsis is defeated. Seem easier to beat than last time. Same goes with the Elite Four.

• a little muffled

I should post replays of some of my better matches.

• But you never had any to begin with.

Just had an awesome match where I was down to just a Starmie, against 4 other pokemon. Sweeped them all with Ice Beam and Hydro Pump. Was an idiot and didn't save the log, though. :<

I think I still have a log of this time where my DDance Haxorus OHKO'd five pokemon in a row at the start of the match. I'm going to purge my folder, but I'm absolutely saving that match.
  • No rainbow star
    I just realized I have too many figures

• I would be more receptive to the card game, except there's no free way to play it online like Cockatrice or Dueling Network/Kaibacorp. There's an online version but it costs money.

I don't know if there's a place to play it that doesn't use Apprentice (which lacks pictures), but there's this.

• edited 2012-03-12 21:41:36
    Has friends besides tanks now

So I'm winning a match 4-1, and the guy only has his Blissey left, against my Mienshao. And of course Hi Jump Kick misses, and of course his Seismic Toss takes me out, leaving me with an 11 HP burned Gliscor, an 82 HP Jolteon, and a Forretress. T_T

EDIT: Current record for this team: 4-1-5, with notes for some of my stupid mistakes as well as pokes I need better strategies against

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

So. Apparently, Starmie is an alien.

• No rainbow star

^ How is Starmie an alien?

Various Pokedex entries:

When away from human eyes, its core is said to glow mysteriously in seven colors. This Pokémon may have come from outer space.

It is said that it uses the seven colored core of its body to send electric waves into outer space.

People in ancient times imagined that Starmie were transformed from the reflections of stars that twinkled on gentle waves at night.

This Pokémon has a geometric body. Because of its body, the locals suspect that it is an alien creature.

At the center of its body is a red core, which sends mysterious radio signals into the night sky.

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

Sounds like in-universe speculation to me.

• No rainbow star

^ Same here. I knew of the entries that speculate, but that doesn't mean anything in the end

Not to mention it's known as the Mysterious Pokemon.

And Staryu are noted for floating to the sea surface at night and aligning themselves with the stars.

• No rainbow star

^ Doesn't mean they are aliens

The only confirmed alien Pokemon are Deoxys, Dialga (other dimension), Palkia, Giratina, Arceus, and maybe Elegyem (I haven't read their entries yet, although I remember reading somewhere that they amount to strange lights one night only for the Pokemon to suddenly appear along with something else that confirmed them being aliens)

Oh yes. I'm sure it's just a coincidence.

• edited 2012-03-13 14:08:22
    But you never had any to begin with.

^^ What about the whole Clefairy thing?

...And does God really count as an alien?

• edited 2012-03-13 14:15:17
    I'm a damn twisted person

Or Lunatone and Solrock. And I'd hesitate to call Unown terrestrial, but probably from a side world instead of from space.

Like good nerds, bulbapedia has a list of ET pokemon for us. http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Extraterrestrial_Pokemon