If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

A Wild Pokémon thread appeared!

Comments

• Ah, so I've got Bug then. Sorry about that misunderstanding.

• Has friends besides tanks now
    "I have Ground and Grass."

To be fair, Lai called Ground before you, and same with Abyss and Grass.
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

>:|

• No rainbow star
    =/ But there are 8 leaders and less than 16 types (I think. We are banning dragon after all...)
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

There are 17 types. With Dragon banned, that's 16 types. Fits perfectly.

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

If I can't get Steel, then at least I still have Rock...

What's this for anyway?

• No rainbow star
    It is kind of funny how Dark is allowed yet Dragon is banned despite the games having three different dragon leaders (two gyms) and no dark leaders :3
    Once we started dual-typing, I think the gym leader motif died.

@Neo: I'm considering running Flying instead of Steel, so I'll let ya know.

Dragon is banned because nearly nothing can actually resist it and nearly nothing can hit it super-effectively.

Most Dragons have that crippling weakness to Ice (which is very common), so that balances out I think.

• Ah, geez. Maybe I'll stick with a monotype team then. This is getting a bit confusing for me. :/

• edited 2012-03-06 18:57:43
    Has friends besides tanks now
    There's also the matter of Choice Scarf; slap Scarves onto a fair number of dragons, and it becomes really hard to stop them from just Outraging things in half.

^ I wouldn't mind either way; it'll require some pretty heavy thought no matter what.
  • LaiLai
    edited 2012-03-06 19:22:18

Yeah, I was under the impression that we would all use 2 monotype teams, but apparently that's not the case.

EDIT: And does anyone know how to change the battle music in Pokemon Online? There is a music folder, but it just plays a shortened Johto Trainer theme.

• No rainbow star
    My mother wanted me to make sure an official online Pokemon TCG site was safe for my little sister

I just took one glance and said yes. It's just... Hell, Nintendo ended up banning unnamed Cofagrigus because of the fag part of its name. I think that means safety

Hmm. Maybe this, for a Fighting/Flying team.

Mienshao/Conkeldurr/Lucario/Gliscor/Skarmory/Archeops

> gliscor

yes

• edited 2012-03-06 20:44:22

I love Gliscor, and I haven't even tried its Acrobatics set yet.

I think my biggest question is which set to run on Conkeldurr.

• edited 2012-03-06 22:07:57
    No rainbow star
    I'm toast :<

Is Shadow Tag Chandelure banned?
  • edited 2012-03-06 22:10:47

I don't think any sets on Chandelure are banned. It's not even OU. Scratch that, Shadow Tag is officially unreleased, so I don't think it's usable in Standard OU.

• edited 2012-03-06 23:09:24
    No rainbow star

What?

Chandelure is the only one I've seen stats for. You're saying that monster special attack doesn't even earn it OU?

^It's low of speed and vulnerability to Stealth Rock doesn't do it any favors. Well outside Trick Room teams.

Hey, actually, you guys said we could pick themes instead of types? Can I use a Trick Room set up? I've always wanted to try that out.

• No rainbow star

^ If nobody else has an issue with themes I don't see why not. Although we are getting close to, "Wait, why are we excited about making ordinary teams?" :P

I'm a little excited because I haven't done this in a while. :V

• No rainbow star

X3 Maybe we'll separate them? One tourney for dual type teams and one tourney for themed teams?

And if we do that, then I claim the dragon themed team! Charizard, Gyarados, Sceptile, Flygon (it may be a dragon type but dammit it isn't anywhere near broken), Yanmega (DRAGONfly :3), and no idea for the last one...

• edited 2012-03-07 06:48:00
    But you never had any to begin with.

And does anyone know how to change the battle music in Pokemon Online? There is a music folder, but it just plays a shortened Johto Trainer theme.

I assume that replacing the file with another file called Battle should work.

EDIT: Ah. It randomly chooses a file from the folder at the start of each battle.

I like the idea of having two; I'd like for the dual type tourney to remain in discouragement of more generic teams (though apparently Fire/Poison still enables Sun teams. No offense, 707ruz). For a themed team, I'll probably go with Baton Pass.

• edited 2012-03-07 12:39:23
    Loser

As long as my horribleness at Pokemon does not matter, I would be glad to join in the Pokemon Online league thing. For monotype I would just pick normal, but if we are actually going with dual type, I guess I would choose normal and whatever type other people did not want.

If the idea switches to themed teams, I probably will have to bail though since my knowledge of stuff like that is pretty lacking.

• Why does the idea of Louie liking Normal Type pokemon make so much sense...

• a little muffled

apparently Fire/Poison still enables Sun teams

I'd think Fire/Grass would be better.

Probably. But in any case.