If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

A Wild Pokémon thread appeared!

Comments

• a little muffled
    It would be a fine name if it were Feralligator. As is, it looks like a text message. It suggests that the ten-character limit somehow exists in-universe, which is weird.
  • yea i make potions if ya know what i mean

I think the character limit is the only reason it's not Feralligator.

I always think of it as that anyway.

Alternately, you can put an apostrophe in there and make it "Feraligat'r", and pretend Johto is the redneck place of the Pokemon universe. 

• a little muffled
    The character limit clearly is the reason, but that suggests it exists in-universe. Else you could imagine it's just a coincidence that all Pokemon names are ten or fewer characters.
  • yea i make potions if ya know what i mean

Spelling deterioration?

• No rainbow star

I'd like it if it could be Feraligator. Feralligator looks weird to me

• a little muffled
    One L is fine.
  • But you never had any to begin with.

Frlgtr. :|

AKA Pokémon: NES Edition.

• Definitely not gay.

Pokémon: NES Edition

Jesus

that would be a nightmare

• No rainbow star
    RYQZA, I CHOOSE YOU!
  • Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto!

KNGSKN, go!

• Definitely not gay.

(wait a bit at title screen)

WELCOME TO THE WORLD POKEMON.

THIS WORLD IS INHABITED STRANGE CREATURES POKEMON. SOME TRAINERS OF THE POKEMON USE THE POKEMON AS PET. OTHER TRAINERS OF THE POKEMON BATTLE THE POKEMON OF OTHER TRAINERS OF THE POKEMON WITH THEIR POKEMON. 

I AM PROFFESSOR OAKK. I RESEARCH THE POKEMON MYSTERIOUS. 

(back to title screen)

• "I will grant you two wishes; one for each testicle."

I'm pretty sure the NES could handle 10-character names...

Considering FFI had names like PEDE, MADPONY, BLUE D, and LIT...

• Definitely not gay.

GARY: ASH! I challenge you to a PKMN battle!

TRNR GARY challenged you!

TRNR GARY sent out CHRMDR!

Go! BLBSR!

CHRMDR used FIR1!

It's super effective!

BLBSR used GRS1!

It's not very effective!

• Damn, Umbreon is goddamn amazing with Foul Play.

To clarify: Umbreon's defensive stats are amazing, but its attack leaves a lot to be desired. But as of Black/White 2, you can teach it Foul Play with a move tutor, which uses the target's attack stat to calculate damage instead of the user's. Add that to a 95 base power and STAB, and you can't go wrong.

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    The way to make Pokemon NES work would be to ship it with a Pokedex book featuring illustrations and stuff of all the Pokemon.
  • Definitely not gay.

The way to make Pokemon NES work would be to ship it with a Pokedex book featuring illustrations and stuff of all the Pokemon.

Don't forget a manual with fucktardedly inaccurate information like "ROCK is supereffective against GRND"!

• a little muffled
    Or, perhaps, GST is super effective against PSY?

I think a new Pokemon Stadium would be a good fit for the Wii U. You could select your Pokemon from the pro controller, and there could be some fun 1 vs 3 minigames.

I'd rather see a 3D game in the vein of the main games. /hahalikethatsevergoingtohappen

Colosseum and XD: Gale of Darkness were close.

• No rainbow star
    ^^ I think they said that would never happen
  • edited 2012-10-25 17:03:31
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

Gens 4 and 5 technically are 3D >.>

A more overall 3D game, though, would be pretty much impossible because they would actually have to animate every move for every Pokèmon, which comes out to at least tens of thousands of animations.

Wouldn't be too hard. Like I said, they got close with Colosseum and XD. Do people just forget those existed?

And Revolution had a lot of Pokemon in there.

True. Still, what would 3D actually add to the series? Would there be any reason to expend all that additional effort?

I mean, something like Pokèmon Snap needs to be 3D, but all 3D does for turn-based combat is inflate the budget.

• It also makes it look nicer.  And Pokemon is more or less guaranteed to make a profit anyway.

• edited 2012-10-25 17:24:04
    Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto!

^^Well then why do we still get turn based 3D RPG's?

^Very true.

Like I said, Colosseum and XD take the RPG aspect of the main series with the gameplay of Stadium. And the Gameplay of Stadium is just the same combat from the main series but 3D. But the games fucked up in other ways, like the whole purifying thing and they are too short.

It also makes it look nicer.

It can. If it's done well. It can also make it look worse. Look at Final Fantasy VI and Final Fantasy VII. Which of those games looks good?

And Pokemon is more or less guaranteed to make a profit anyway.

So? If they spend money that they didn't have to spend and create no gameplay benefit and don't increase sales, then that cost is not justified.

But the cost is justified if there is a possibility that the game will look nicer, and that people will be more likely to purchase a 3D Pokemon game. Both of these have been proven true.

• edited 2012-10-25 17:49:53

Which of those games looks good?

Neither.  Alternatively, both, but not at all times.

(Although admittedly, the best-looking parts of FFVII were the backgrounds, which are prerendered.  Still, that comparison isn't really so relevant anymore since hardware has improved considerably since then)