If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

A Wild Pokémon thread appeared!

Comments

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

No, that's covered under "numerous stat boosters".

• No rainbow star

Ok, so when used with Defense Curl, Rollout's base power can reach 960

100 higher than Stored Power

Yikes

In related news:

• Lickitung, which evolves into Lickilicky when leveled up knowing [Rollout], has been able to learn it in some way since the move's introduction. This trait is shared with AncientPower, which has had a similar history with Piloswine.

I just love how Gamefreak is normally so careful about making sure that an Old Pokemon can't evolve into a new one using methods previously available so as to maintain continuity, but they ended up screwing up with Lickitung and Piloswine

• yea i make potions if ya know what i mean

Those aren't terribly popular Pokemon, are they?

I mean, I like Lickitung cuz it's funny. But yeah. 

• Definitely not gay.

Two, Thick Fat Mamoswine is released.

And is illegal with Stealth Rock, last I checked.

so hay

Foongus is my least favorite Gen 5 Pokemon now. 

• Definitely not gay.

Foongus stinks, yeah.

Guys, I'm at a dilemma. I have to choose between two Pokemon.

One has great coverage and is a good partner with Lucario, but is only available until the lategame.

Another has similar coverage and is an even better partner with Lucario, and is available whenever the hell I want it to be.

Here's the thing. I can get everything for the first Pokemon on my own, but I'll have to wait. For the second Pokemon, I can get coverage and all down but I'll need help. I can't get the most out of the second Pokemon on my own.

Giga Drain + Ingrain + Effect Spore Ability = WHY DO YOU EXIIIIIST?!

Something cool.

I just got the Expert Belt (an all but useless hold item) in the one marketplace, because my Pignite just happened to have just recently leveled to 30.

Then I realize, "hey, he's not holding anything, I'll give it to him", and then I realize, "this is exactly the kind of thing a wrestler Pokemon would wear". So then I just had to give it to him.

It's the little things. 

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

> Expert Belt

> an all but useless hold item

The description didn't really make it sound very promising.

"slightly raises power of super effective moves" or somesuch.

I mean I guess that's good, but when they say "slightly" I assume they mean slightly

Came across a Ferroseed. I'm thinking that if I can catch it, I'mma switch Psyduck out for it.

Psyduck's cool and all, but we keep running into areas where he's at a huge type disadvantage, and it's making him lag behind the other Pokemon. That's on a practical level. On a non-practical level....eh, he's a Psyduck. Does he really wanna fight? 

and, moot point, because it fainted.

hooray for my stupid. 

I mean I guess that's good, but when they say "slightly" I assume they mean slightly

20%.

Okay that's not slightly.

I was thinking like maybe

1%

if that.

Whatever.

I caught a Ferroseed. I named her Notch for less than no reason. Gonna send Psyduck off to live with the Professor because lolreasonz. 

• a little muffled
    @Eelektross: SR is a tutor move in BW2.
  • Definitely not gay.

@Super Lazuli

That's one of the best decisions you could've made, btw.

Fire + Fighting hits the following types supereffectively:

• Steel

• Grass

• Bug

• Rock

• Normal

• Ice

• Dark

That's 7 out of 17 types.

And that's not counting the non-STAB moves...

• edited 2012-10-19 10:47:36
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

Not really.

For example, Sigilyph can learn Stored Power, but Sigilyph can also learn Cosmic Power, which raises Defence and Special Defence by one stage each.

The conditions for maxing out Stored Power is impossible to reach (I don't believe there's a move or item in the game that can affect the HP stat by raising or lowering it), but it's still ridiculously easy to get a Pokemon with raised-six-stages Defence and Special Defences, and that gives Stored Power a base power of 260. Sigilyph can also learn Ancient Power, giving Sigilyph a chance to raise all five stats one time each.

Or, Munna can learn both Defence Curl and Calm Mind, allowing him to max out Defence, Special Defence, and Special Attack in 12 moves, and giving Munna a 380 base power move to use, which has STAB, and runs off of Munna's then-incredible Special Attack stat.

Gallade can learn Double Team, Swords Dance, and Calm Mind, allowing Gallade to max out his Evasion, Attack, Special Attack, and Special Defence in 15 moves, and giving Gallade a STAB'd 500 base power move to use.

Yeah, but Magikarp is actually not that difficult to set up. Make it rain, Baton Pass it some attack upgrades and give it a Focus Sash and it can pretty much one-shot 90% of opponents, including most legendaries.

• If that don't work, use more gun.

@Super: Eh, not exactly a good decision. I mean, Ferroseed has pretty poor coverage, the only attacking moves it'll have for a while are Gyro Ball, Metal Claw, and Pin Missile.

I actually switched it back. Thing fainted three times in two battles.

• Guess who just caught Cobalion in a Poke Ball under 10 minutes.

• a little muffled

Your mom?

• No rainbow star

Just got a used Pokemon Conquest for $30

Eevee is so fucking cute in that game I think I'm going to die from cuteness overload

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

Playing more Ruby.

Lots of little aspects of this game are showing off all the potential of the new engine, and it's really awesome.

Too bad they forgot to also make the game good while they were at it.

Note to self.

Marill can learn Rollout.

Do not send out Shedinja against it.

• No rainbow star

My Ninjask was a beast on RSE

Speed Boost, Swords Dance, Fury Cutter, and something else...

Ninjask is a problematic Pokèmon for me. I love it, but if the game I'm playing features it, I have a Shedinja in my party, and having both wouldn't really work.

• edited 2012-10-20 08:07:50
    yea i make potions if ya know what i mean

Copied from HH cuz I am a lazy boy.

Found out something cool and/or sweet depending on how attached you can get to minor game characters.

Anyone remember the last Rocket Grunt you fought in Generation II?

It was pointed out to me today that the Rocket you come across in Black & White (the one who's given up on restoring the Team cuz he has a wife and son now) is that same guy. 

• Definitely not gay.

• edited 2012-10-20 10:18:42
    yea i make potions if ya know what i mean

Hey.

Fuck you, Slowpoke News.

I am bad at remembering things in games I last played years ago. 

(by that I mean Gen II, not White. I never got the Gen II remakes) 

• No rainbow star
    "Ok, I'll send my warrior to the shop! ...That's all they can do this month? ...Really?"

v.v; Why did Conquest do that?