If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

A Wild Pokémon thread appeared!

Comments

• No rainbow star

Basically, there is apparently a DNS that sends all sorts of random Pokemon to your game (...Including some that can't technically exists, such as a Flame Body Tropius, or a level 1 Archen with 0 HP, 0 Attack, etc.) and I wanted to check out the rumours

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

I would have been more hesitant, in case it broke my game, but whatever.

• No rainbow star

^ Pretty sure that White can't get a Pokemon that would brick it

...Pretty sure

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

I would hate to see what getting a Level 1 Archen with 0 HP injured would do to the game.

• No rainbow star

Well then. Gaining a random Tropius proves that this works

• No rainbow star

^^ Apparently it just can't be healed until you give it a rare candy

I've used Pokesav to make FAR worse Pokemon, anyways

• edited 2012-10-19 02:10:00
    Has friends besides tanks now

Why couldn't Tropius have Flame Body without breaking the game, exactly?

• No rainbow star

^ Not technically possible = Official Tournaments going, "...Yeah, piss off"

Tropius (F) Level 53
    No Item
    Ability: Chlorphyll
    OT: Shiyokotan (in Hiragana. Don't have that option on my laptop, however)
    ID: 02027

Jolly Nature
    Sinnoh
    Apparently arrive as Lv. 53
    Fateful encounter
    Capable of taking hits

HP 171
    Atk 85
    Def 106
    SpA 77
    SpD 103
    Spe 68

Air Slash
    Synthesis
    Sunny Day
    SolarBeam

Some people are guessing that this Shiyokotan did some wizardry and set up a random Pokemon gaining service somehow

In short - Neat. Might do a run sometime where I use it as a Randomizer

• No rainbow star

Oh, just looked at the balls (decided to try it two more times):

The Tropius I described is in a Cherish Ball

Second Tropius? The ball used at the Great Marsh in Sinnoh

Pikachu? Cherish Ball

I should stop now before I get sucked in because it's just so fucking amusing wondering what Pokemon it will give you next...

• "I will grant you two wishes; one for each testicle."

DNS shenanigans can, in fact, be used to send hackmons.

The primary tool for doing this is Pokecheck, which also has the handy tool of telling you if you're Pokemon is Tournament legal. It also allows you to view upload your Pokemon from your DS and check its stats, and your SecretID. You can also download any public Pokemon on Pokecheck as a .pkmn file to edit in PokeGen or PokeSav.

This is bay and far the most useful dummy GTS out there. 

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

>MFW I'm reminded that Combusken isn't Fire/Flying

• Has friends besides tanks now

Blaziken would've been cool as a Fire/Flying. Imagine it. A chicken that can actually fly, via jet propulsion.

The only good combination for Blaziken is Fire/Fighting/Flying. :|

• edited 2012-10-19 02:47:43
    No rainbow star

^^^^ How would I upload my Pokemon? Can I use the program to back up my Pokemon?

• No rainbow star

Stored Power deals variable damage depending on the stat modifications of the user. When the user has no stat modifications, Stored Power's base power is 20. Its power increases by 20 for each stat boost the user has, and does not decrease in power due to stat drops below 0. It reaches a maximum power of 860 [20 (base power) + {20 x 7 (total number of stats that can be maximized, including Evasion and Accuracy) x 6 (maximum number of boosts per stat)}].

"Pokemon just aren't strong enough!"

"What do you mean?"

"Even with all stats maxed, I just can't imagine the Pokemon being able to slaughter everything QUITE thoroughly enough!"

"What about a move that has 860 base power if all stats are maxed out?"

"YOU'RE A GENIUS!"

^^ You can. Instructions for uploading pokemon are on the website.

"What about a move that has 860 base power if all stats are maxed out?"

"YOU'RE A GENIUS!"

If anyone can set that up, they deserve to have an 860 base power move.

• No rainbow star

^ I want to see how much damage it could do if used by a Shuckle (under the same ridiculous conditions required for max power Rollout - Pretty sure even Rollout can't reach that high, even with stab...)

• If that don't work, use more gun.

^It's really unlikely such a thing would happen though.

@CU: Yeah, but Shinies are EXTREMELY rare anyways, making them 3 times as likely to show up is not really saying much. They're still rare, just not as rare.

@Ica: Don't try to download Pokemon from Pokecheck just to use them in batttles. They stick a ribbon on them once you download them to your game saying that this Pokemon is cloned, and illegal. You can upload with absolutely no repercussions whatsoever. They have the DNS at the top. Just change your DS DNS to that, go to the global link in a Pokemon Center, and connect to the GTS. Try to upload a Pokemon to the GTS, it'll fail (If it succeeds, you entered the DNS wrong.) Then check the Pokecheck website, and voila! You're Pokemon are uploaded. And yes, you can back up your Pokemon on them, but if you want to redownload them to your game, you have to go through a bit of a convoluted process first.

Yeah, saying that Stored Power is really powerful is like saying that Magikarp is really powerful because, technically, it can sweep a team of legendaries with proper setup.

• No rainbow star

What sort of convoluted process?

And why would I use Pokemon from Pokecheck? I have every Pokemon (literally) from Generations I-IV, and V won't take forever to do, so it would be just for fun, which means editing the Pokemon myself

And wait there's a ribbon for cloned Pokemon?

^ I want to see how much damage it could do if used by a Shuckle (under the same ridiculous conditions required for max power Rollout - Pretty sure even Rollout can't reach that high, even with stab...)

None, Shuckle can't learn Stored Power :B

• No rainbow star

^ Hypothetical situation

• No rainbow star

That reminds me:

Why doesn't Bulbapedia standardize their attack images by having Smeargle use all the attacks on Bulbasaur (Bulbasaur since it's the mascot of Bulbapedia)?

The only attack they could not do that for is Chatter

Because that would be a lot of busywork to get a tiny benefit.

@Marioguy:

They give your Pokemon a ribbon, but that doesn't prevent it from being used in Random Matchup. It is intended to prevent constant reuploading and cloning, because Pokemon with that ribbon cannot be reuploaded to Pokecheck.

At least, that's what I remember.

Yeah, saying that Stored Power is really powerful is like saying that Magikarp is really powerful because, technically, it can sweep a team of legendaries with proper setup.

Not really.

For example, Sigilyph can learn Stored Power, but Sigilyph can also learn Cosmic Power, which raises Defence and Special Defence by one stage each.

The conditions for maxing out Stored Power is impossible to reach (I don't believe there's a move or item in the game that can affect the HP stat by raising or lowering it), but it's still ridiculously easy to get a Pokemon with raised-six-stages Defence and Special Defences, and that gives Stored Power a base power of 260. Sigilyph can also learn Ancient Power, giving Sigilyph a chance to raise all five stats one time each.

Or, Munna can learn both Defence Curl and Calm Mind, allowing him to max out Defence, Special Defence, and Special Attack in 12 moves, and giving Munna a 380 base power move to use, which has STAB, and runs off of Munna's then-incredible Special Attack stat.

Gallade can learn Double Team, Swords Dance, and Calm Mind, allowing Gallade to max out his Evasion, Attack, Special Attack, and Special Defence in 15 moves, and giving Gallade a STAB'd 500 base power move to use.

• Has friends besides tanks now

Although the circumstances would be nearly impossible, a level 100 Shuckle can potentially deal the most damage in one single attack through the use of numerous stat boosters, Metronome held item, Power Trick, a Skill Swap to Huge Power or Pure Power, and the Defense Curl/Rollout combo. On the 5th impact of Rollout, if used against a level 1 Ledyba or Yanma that have been hit with negative Defense modifiers (such as Screech), it can deal over 210,000,000 damage.

Found it. Don't fuckle with Shuckle, mah knuckle.

I don't think that's actually possible.

Wait, yes- if the Ledyba has a Focus Sash, I think it would be.

They forgot to factor in Shuckle being Baton Passed Belly Drum.