If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

A Wild Pokémon thread appeared!

Comments

• No rainbow star

Seriously, how stupid are they?

The Latis (ESPECIALLY with Soul Dew) are very strong legendaries!

• Has friends besides tanks now

I don't think I've seen one running Soul Dew, actually. I think it might have been banned? They usually have Life Orbs or Leftovers.

Wait, what about dual-type? Like, each trainer gets two types, and each half of their team has to be made up of one of the two types. If we were to do that, my second pick would likely be Steel.

• No rainbow star

I remember one version had it so you could either mono type or follow a theme (e.g. all 'dragons' in so far as they resemble them (so Charizard counts, but Altaria doesn't), or all red)

Hmm . . . maybe Fire or Psychic.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Psychic and Ice.

• No rainbow star

Fire and Ice

Ice and Fire Fighting and Steel it is.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Grass and Dark.

• I recall Steel being just as annoying as Dragons in D/P though. I'm guessing the rise of Fighting-types has changed that?

There are lots of new Fighting Types in B/W, which I think have made it significantly easier to counter Steel, as well as lots of fast EdgeQuake users. But if it's still deemed to be as annoying, I could just use Psychic or Fire on the other half or something.

• No rainbow star

So if we're going for two types then I'll go with Ghost and Electric

Now to make my team X3

Sceptile/Sawsbuck/Ludicolo

Rhydon/Donphan/Marowak

• No rainbow star

I'm considering playing with:

Electrode/Froslass/Gengar/Rotom/Drifblim/Chandelure

Yes I'm only intimately familiar with one or two 5th generation Pokemon

• Bug Team will have Heracross. No exceptions.

I don't know what the exact team will be yet, but I'm probably going to make Mienshao fit.
  • But you never had any to begin with.

...And now I can't tell who's using what at all.

Oh, hey, two questions:

1. Are tier-balanced legendaries okay?

2. Is only one person allowed to use any type?

• No rainbow star
    ^ I'd say tier balanced legendaries are ok (those ones are typically used by frontier brains anyways). And if we're going by two types, then as long as you don't choose a type combination already chosen (e.g. you can choose ghost and fire, or electric and ice, but not ghost and electric) it should be fine
  • edited 2012-03-06 13:26:16
    If that don't work, use more gun.

The reason Lati@s got back down to OU, is cause they aren't considered overpowered anymore, especially since they don't have access to the Soul Dew in this gen.  Even if Soul Dew did exist, it would just be banned from OU, not the Latis.

Also, dibs on Ground or Ghost.

Also, fuck Rotom-W.

Gastrodon trolls it so hard.  One of the main reasons Squigly is on my team.

Even if Soul Dew did exist, it would just be banned from OU, not the Latis.

Just like only Speed Boost Blaziken got relegated to Uber?

And if we're doing two types, I'll go with Dark and Psychic.

• edited 2012-03-06 13:42:37
    No rainbow star

^ But Speed Boost outright says that the Pokemon has it at the end of each turn! It's easy to prove that the other guy cheated!

• a little muffled

I doubt they'd have just banned Soul Dew since, you know, they didn't do that the last two generations. Although inertia says that if/when Soul Dew comes out in this gen they might just ban it rather than making the Latis uber.

Also, I find this format really intriguing, but goddamn is it hard to get into. I wish there was a primer somewhere.

• edited 2012-03-06 14:42:53
    "I will grant you two wishes; one for each testicle."

Fire and Poison:

Ninetales/Heatran/Volcarona

Tentacruel/Venusaur/Gengar

^ I played Hackmons once. I loved Roar/SR/Spikes/Copycat Prankster Giratina.

• So is it fine that I make one team for Bug types and one team for Ground or do I have to mix them up? I'd enjoy the challenge of monotyping a bit more.
  • Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!
    Rock and steel are both free right?

Did we ever reach a consensus on using Steel types?

• We should make a list to see who has which types.

I got Ground already >:|

I have Ground and Grass.

• No rainbow star
    ^ Either we allow teams with two types and share the types or each type can only be claimed once and it's monotype