If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Vidya Gaems General

Comments

• There is love everywhere, I already know
    Tokyo Dolls Honk looks really weird next to Madoka.

Madoka in YuYuYui when.
  • Maybe the Toji no Miko game is more likely considering that's also Squenix.
  • "I've come to the conclusion that this is a VERY STUPID IDEA."
    >Civ VI (a game I'd like, but won't have any time to invest for a while) for $12 on Humble Monthly
    Hmm. Maybe.

>Civ VI (a game I want) and Owlboy (a game I really want) for $12 on Humble Monthly
    Okay, now you have my attention.
  • ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    While I love AM2R, I have to admit that it lacks some of the "creepy" factor of the original. The original feels like an empty desolate planet almost all the time, whereas AM2R only gets that feel occasionally.

I don't get the final boss of M2 being harder, though. There's only one phase. Bring plenty of missiles and there you go.
    PLANET
  • edited 2018-01-31 16:18:34
    There is love everywhere, I already know
    I started playing this game on my phone called instalife. It's quite fun; a semi-randomized life simulator where you control a person throughout their life. Sometimes really funny stuff will happen related to your character, like deciding to constantly self-study from like 6 years old (when school starts) but still failing super hard at all your college entrance exams and then there's things like whatever even happened when The American War became World War 3 (I was playing as a man in China so this didn't affect me in any way).

A single playthrough doesn't take more than an hour, so it's fun to do when you're waiting for something or are just actually bored.

Then I discovered there was a text-based K-pop idol production simulator just sitting there (there are other musical genres but if I can't get J-pop I will do with K-pop). Funny thing is I discovered this while playing as a Japanese woman.

I had elaborate backstories for both of my main groups, but that didn't factor much since I could only name the band, choose now many members and decide on the titles for their singles. Still, that affected XimenA more than it did W(ee)KEND, since XimenA was named after a character on the TV show The Fosters whose DACA is in flux.

Anyways, here's some highlights (like getting asked to put some of my music on a compilation album called K-pop's Most Hated) and the bands I produced (Dial Mine, my duo, did not work out). Also my characters obituary.

Also this.
  • Bovarian Mammarian
    planet.
  • "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"
    That's gone quite afar from snake and Arkanoid clones.
  • edited 2018-02-03 03:15:48
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Anyone need a Steam trading card from the winter sale? I have one extra one. These cards expire in a few days.
  • edited 2018-02-07 20:52:42
    It just occurred to me that with Tokyo Dolls launched last year and the Toji no Miko game coming up, Squenix are on a weird track record of one new Symphogear clone each year.

Can't wait for "Symphogear but they fight using Personas" or something in 2021.
  • There is love everywhere, I already know
    I just want a magical girl where they use Personas at all, or are summoners of some sort.
  • "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"
    Just finished The Age of Decadence. Short (which is fine by me, I didn't have time to get bored) and enjoyable cRPG in an interesting post-apocalyptic fantasy Roman setting. Also avoid combat as much as you can, if you are not a minmax master there's a good chance you'll do better with talking you way out. Then again, when you focus on talking, chances are you'll lose that one test sooner or later and then you won't have the muscle to push through.
  • edited 2018-02-11 01:15:21
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/265590/The_Red_Solstice/ currently free
    lrdgck wrote: »
    Just finished The Age of Decadence. Short (which is fine by me, I didn't have time to get bored) and enjoyable cRPG in an interesting post-apocalyptic fantasy Roman setting. Also avoid combat as much as you can, if you are not a minmax master there's a good chance you'll do better with talking you way out. Then again, when you focus on talking, chances are you'll lose that one test sooner or later and then you won't have the muscle to push through.
    Thanks for the thoughts. I think this game has been on my watchlist for a little while.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Interesting vid about four or five relatively obscure N64 titles.
  • edited 2018-02-13 17:33:15
    free game
    https://www.gog.com/game/the_king_of_fighters_2002
    Also, Chinese New Year sale on GOG.
    Also, more GOG Connect! - get free GOG copies of select Steam games on your account.
  • edited 2018-02-13 21:58:02
    BD4uIhA.jpg

Apparently Minase is voicing Alchemist Arthur in the Million Arthur MMO.

I have to wonder if someone at Squenix just really wishes they had Symphogear.
  • Free Game Alert: Dead Space

I can't seem to be able to recover my password, so... *shrug*
    Dungeons 2 for free on GOG now. Right on the homepage, as usual.
  • Bovarian Mammarian
    "the world got thrown upside down and inside out"

yes, fascinating

boobs though
  • edited 2018-02-18 05:05:41

it's literally toad's castle
  • edited 2018-02-20 05:52:03

I just realized. Because stars disappear when you warp through a pipe, duh.

I've been watching videos from a related course that goes much further into complexity classes for videogames (and problems in general).
    [repost]
    Siegrune and Brynhildr, from eXceed 2nd, reimagined as (S)RPG bosses

Siegrune is an inordinately playful little fella while her partner Brynhildr is a more serious, calculating person. They are low/mid rank warriors of the Deity's Church. As they're guarding their branch church and own little slice of home out in foreign lands, you'd expect them to do so pretty zealously, and they do.

Both start off out of range of your party, excepting long-range attacks. Siegrune being Siegrune, she moves first. Her first move is always Summon: Stone Blocks. Costing a whopping 50 MP (and increasing by 5 per subsequent use), it's pretty expensive even for her, but it drastically changes the battlefield: it produces five stone blocks that become destructible obstacles on the battlefield, in one of several fixed patterns. The first casting displays the animation, which also suggests a key feature of this summon: the stone blocks are dropped onto the field. While she is out of range of hitting you with her first attack, she will aim them at your characters on aubsequent attacks. Each stone normally deals damage slightly above that of an average weapon hit and displaces the target, but has a chance of dealing 90% of target's HP in damagewithout displacing the target, depending on how much of the target's hitbox it covers, the target's evasion, and whether the target has room to maneuver. A unit KO'd by being thus crushed by a stone block will have a destructible stone block obstacle placed on them, and cannot be revived until the block is removed. Of course, Siegrune knows this, and will attempt to use it against you.

Siegrune's other attack spell is Light Splash, which throws several holy-elemental magical projectiles into a cluster formation at close range. She also attacks using a holy rapier, and has a Life Share ability by which she can drain HP from or donate HP to Brynhildr. And she also has MP replenishing items. (The Church hasn't yet caught onto the fact that your team uses natural elemts of magic yet; later enemies and bosses will in fact prep themselves with elemental resistance items.)

Brynhildr meanwhile shares Life Share with Siegrune (meaning both can replenish each other's HP as they need to, and Brynhildr also has a unholy rapier on hand. However, she will spend more of the battle hanging far from the fray and using Shadow Snipe, an unholy-elemental long-range spell that deals pretty decent damage and good accuracy -- certainly better than what you'd have in long-range magic at that point in the game. She also has MP replenishing items, of course, as well as Shadow Burst, which is a short-ranged area-of-effect unholy spell centered on herself, which she'll use if she really needs to, since it causes knockback.

Brynhildr's armor is such that she actually takes more damage from holy attacks and less from unholy attacks, while Siegrune correspondingly takes more damage from unholy attacks and reduced damage from holy ones. It is unlikely that you'll have access to holy or unholy attacks at this point in the game, outside of having bought items that you can use (invoke) for magical reflection. Light Splash is reflectable, but not Shadow Burst nor Shadow Snipe. While Summon: Stone Blocks is powerful, and she can use it more than once in a row (thus generating many obstacles), Siegrune will preferentially use Light Splash as it is cheaper, since she can chain-cast it more than three (or maybe four) times in a row, while moving between the blocks as cover. Stone blocks can be reflected when they are first summoned, which results in the reflected block(s) being displaced away from the reflecter and onto a nearby viable spot, (usually closer to the summoner?), and also possibly onto an ally if you're not careful.

When they lose, they probably curse their not bringing healing items with them.
  • My brother got invited to the Magic Arena beta. He says he doesn't like it very much, but if it has language options I intend to play it when it comes out anyways.

• I can't believe Tokyo Dolls got a Walpurgisnacht boss fight before the Madoka phone game.
  • edited 2018-03-03 09:34:38
    Wouldn't a proper Walpurgisnacht boss fight just be an unwinnable boss fight?

also lol @ HP and damage inflation
  • edited 2018-03-03 09:57:23
    I'm sure if you have every spinoff lead (besides maybe Robin Hood or buckethead) team up they'd basically squash her.

Actually, Jeanne/Tart on her own might be enough.
    http://www.fortressofdoors.com/piracy-and-the-four-currencies/

Interesting take on consumer choices in videogame purchases, by basically looking at four dimensions of cost -- money, time, hassle, and ethics.