If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Vidya Gaems General

Comments

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

Fair enough.

If you learn to dodge rather than block and to kite enemies into more dispersed groups, most encounters are much easier.

Oh, I'm fine with that. It's just the first act's goddamn you-but-with-stats-orders-of-magnitude-higher, really-intellignet-a.i., kills-you-in-two-hits, play-perfectly-for-five-minutes-or-die boss.

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

Oh yeah, him. You basically just have to survive while he has his shield up and go for the throat when he doesn't. I'm afraid that's not really a strategy boss, but a twitch boss. 

Yeah.

I'll probably restart on easy mode once I get more storage space because I love the game, but really just can't be bothered with that particular fight.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

I got killed by wolves in the original Witcher and gave up.

Green glowy wolves or just wolves?

Either way, you should be using fast style or group style. 

...Huh.

I actually always kind of criticized the original Witcher for being too easy. Once you have a few combat stats upgraded and realize that only one spell is all that useful, you're basically done combat-wise.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Green glowy wolves or just wolves?

Either way, you should be using fast style or group style. 

I don't know, it was back in August. It was in the second area, the first that wasn't the castle.

But I don't like group style. It sucks to play as and I don't like it. So fuck it. >:(

And if the game forces me to use it, then fuck it too.

But I don't like group style. It sucks to play as and I don't like it

?

The gameplay for it is exactly identical to all the other styles. The only difference is that it kills all the enemies at once.

• edited 2012-12-21 14:41:49
    One foot in front of the other, every day.

^^^ There are some notable exceptions, but in general group style turns what would otherwise be difficult fights into one-sided slaughters. This is kind of fixed later on in the game, but "unfixed" if you know a good potion combo or two. 

^^ That is certainly a perspective on The Witcher. 

The gameplay for it is exactly identical to all the other styles. The only difference is that it kills all the enemies at once.

In the click-it-and-it-does-stuff sense, yeah. But it doesn't look as cool as fast or strong style. And I hated trying to swap styles- swapping between three combat styles as I proceeded through an area. :V

Switching styles is kind of clunky until you get used to it. As for looking cool...not really that major a complaint, seems like.

That said, the first game's combat system is kind of lame overall.

I think they did reasonably well given that they were working with the Aurora Engine.

No, it's not a major complaint. It's just an aspect of the game that failed to engage me, and seeing as it kept expecting me to use it, I got kind of fed up with constantly seeing it.

• edited 2012-12-21 14:51:55
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

^^Yeah, but...

Well, in TW1, I endured the combat because I liked the game, while in TW2, the combat is actually good.

True. 

So. Hey. CU. Remember that Black Isle Studios thing?

Yeah.

(Quoting for prosperity in case it gets taken down- keep in mind, this is an actual status update of theirs on their Facebook page:)

‎-- Update #2 -- Why you shouldn’t donate.

Something you should think about before donating or telling your friends to donate. You might be the cause of a small number of people sitting in their cramped, dark f****** shelter depressed because they’re not sitting in their cramped, dark f****** for real because the world didn’t really end.

Got that? Some people won’t be happy you’re helping.

So, if you have no compassion for those apocaleptics who want it all to come down around our ears (but not theirs), then you probably shouldn’t put in a contribution. But if those people, sitting in their ivory dungeons, annoy the hell out of you with their barrels of water, stacks of freeze dried, and smug attitudes, then maybe you should just empty the bank account on this project. Just to spite them. 

Create some apoplectic apocaleptics. (Yeah, try saying it out loud.)

http://www.blackisle.com/

What?

• yea i make potions if ya know what i mean

Can someone give me context here, assuming any exists?

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

> Valve as a developer versus a distributor

Steam is not really a game.  However, Steam is a store.

Y'know, in a way, Valve is the embodiment of Capitalism, ho!.

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

*Cue Alex and Ironweaver suddenly deleting their Steam accounts.*

• a little muffled

GODDAMN SPACESHIP-BUILDING IROQUOIS BASTARDS

I WAS LIKE FIVE TURNS AWAY FROM COMPLETING MY UTOPIA

> Can someone give me context here, assuming any exists?

Black Isle was a studio that used to make really good games until Interplay shut them down. All of their good people now work for and/or run other studios.

Earlier this year, Interplay announced that they were resurrecting the studio, when they were actually just putting the logo back on their site.

Recently, Interplay started a fundraiser to hire employees for the new Black Isle. There are no rewards for donations, and no actual planned games. If, god forbid, the fundraiser succeeds, they will then do ANOTHER to make an actual game.

I found some DLC for Sanctum sitting in my Steam inventory. Anyone want it?

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

I'll take it if no one else does, but mind that I have not played Sanctum and don't currently have plans to start playing anytime soon (mostly because backlog; the game looks fun though).

• Poot dispenser here

Finally started playing F.E.A.R. Left off on the dumb turret segment.

The hell am I supposed to do? Unload bullets into these things while taking a pounding or try and run for cover?

• Slow-mo makes that part a lot easier. Lets you narrowly dodge bullets from the turrets.

• edited 2012-12-22 09:46:29
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

I just beat Eryi's Action.

1. This game is a platform hell game, with lots of traps, including kaizo traps.

2. It plays out very much like Syobon Action.  As a result, its gameplay is basically puzzle-solving.

3. It's not that long, and save points are numerous, so it isn't all that frustrating.  The solutions are reasonably doable once you figure them out.

In short, it's not as annoying as I expected it to be.  And also a bit funnier.

I'm probably getting Pokemon White 2 in the mail later today, can anyone help me trade some Pokeymans?

I would offer to help, but my brother just restarted my Black and Black 2 files, sorry.

• I've got Black 2 on me, Crimson. Kind of been neglecting catching mons, but I'll get you what I can.