If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Vidya Gaems General

Comments

• Well I'm playing as Hugo, so the first boss's "bullet hell quality" was "turn on shield and run forward through bubbles".

But yeah, the Arthropod is just amazingly chaotic.  I love it.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Okay, playing through Dragon Age: Origins again.

Playing as a Lethality-specced Rogue F!Cousland.

Cleared the Mage's Circle so far. Heading off to Arl Eamon's, where I'll fight a High Dragon :3

• edited 2012-12-24 04:36:24
    One foot in front of the other, every day.

^^ Arguably, playing Hugo turns the game into a shmup anyway, so the bosses having bullet hell elements is appropriate. Does Hugo get the same special abilities as Yunica (such as Whirlwind)? 

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

argh howe again

fuck off howe

• BeeBee
    edited 2012-12-24 05:21:53

So far he's got a slowfall shield and armor piercing mines.

He's also got this awesome ability called "carpal tunnel syndrome" where doing his regular attacks causes damage to the player.

Yesss. Saved Redcliffe Village with no casualties.

"I cannot go home."

"Well, you can stay with us."

"Thank you."

Sten approves +12

haha awesome

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

@Nova, @Bee: I summon Mrs. so-and-so-erson.

YOU LITTLE BRATS BETTER SHUT YER YAPS!!!

Anyhow, I haven't played Ys Origin but now i'm concerned about that bug.

• But you never had any to begin with.

Played some of Dishonored. Really enjoyed it. If I had to describe it, it would probably be as a cross between Deus Ex (the multiple approaches form of mission structure), Thief (the aesthetic, albeit with 100% more whales), and the Shock games (the spell system).

tell me your secrets :<

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

I'm just past the second gym in White 2 and I already have a Lucario. It would be kinda unfair if it didn't have a crappy nature and bad attacks until I can get to a move tutor.

Considering B&W2 have Return as one of the very first TMs you can get, I don't think it's particularly bothered by fairness. :P

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

Update on The War Z: The developers' trademark on the title was suspended a few months ago due to being too similar to World War Z. Meaning it wasn't even legal for them to release the game under that title.

So I'm wondering: between false advertising, copying of the LoL terms of service without even changing the game title, and this, is anything the developers have ever done legal?

• MrWMrW
    edited 2012-12-24 22:46:36
    So, because of our family's tradition of opening one present on Christmas Eve, I've finally gotten my grubby paws on Arkham City, the Wii U version that is.

It's a flawed port, with some unneeded gimmicks and doodads in a futile attempt to use the controller's capabilities. And, like a lot of launch games, it doesn't really have a firm grasp on the system's capabilities. But, it's still a very fun Zelda-like.

I'm still hoping that ZombiU is next, though.
  • MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

But hey, it's Batman Arkham City.

But, it's still a very fun Zelda-like.

Again, what? How is it like Zelda?

I'd guess, Open-world with specific levels that depend on the gadget you got there. I wouldn't call it a Zelda-type game but there are some influences there.

I'd definitely call the first one Batman does Castlevania though.

Man, fuck Sigilyphs forever.

• Poot dispenser here

Note to self: always use raw mouse input when possible.

Shit, maybe that would have helped me in Tribes: Ascend.

• yea i make potions if ya know what i mean

I got a 3DS and $60 worth of gift cards for best buy

what should I purchase.

Virtue's Last Reward. Theatrhythm Final Fantasy.

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    Virtue's Last Reward.
  • MrWMrW
    edited 2012-12-25 09:00:32

They way puzzles are played out reminds me of Zelda. Of course, world structure and combat are significantly different, but still.

I also got Scribblenauts Unlimited for my sister. It looks pretty nifty, but I haven't gotten a chance to play it yet.

Man Trapinch, show up already so I can catch you. :/

So. Finished Dragon Age: Origins, after like... 50 hours of play, nearly all at once.

The ending with Morrigan's ritual is... significantly less sad than the Sacrifice ending. Both a good and a bad thing.

I think the only problem I have with the game's ending is its choice to show endings through slides, rather than like... making a small bit of gameplay to explain everything somehow.

• Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto!

@ Lazuli:

If you get Virtue's Last Reward (which you should) for the 3DS, watch out for the game-ruining savebug.

Lazuli: Virtue's Last Reward and Devil Survivor Overclocked. Though if you haven't played it Ocarina of Time is a must.

^^ Which is easily solved by just never saving in a puzzle room.

Persona 4 Golden GOOOOOO

Dammit, Chie. Stop being so fucking adorable.

I really, really love fem!Hawke's default appearance. Especially her eyes.