If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Vidya Gaems General

Comments

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Don't you mean charizard is the hottest?

Why, Glenn. I didn't know you swung that way!

Yeah, but it's competing with a walking tac-nuke lamp thing that I can name Pyro Jack.

Yeah, but it's a fire bug that eats things

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

>Looks up Trapinch

>Learns Rock Slide, and Crunch really early

>Gets Dragon Claw without a TM

You might be on to something with this Flygon thing, Nyktos.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Trapinch can also have Arena Trap, which solves the problem of pesky fleeing Pokemon (*cough cough* roaming legendaries).

• Yes. But Charizard is indubitably the coolest.

>the coolest

>implying some dragon is cooler than a giant turtle with shoulder cannons.

yes. a turtle is totally cooler than a dragon.

• You can change. You can.

you have to admit that charizard's simplicity makes it pretty cool.

• Why, Glenn. I didn't know you swung that way!

Well, there's a hell of a lot of R34 so I'd imagine he's not the first...

• yes. a turtle is totally cooler than a dragon.

Dragons are overdone, so yes.

there are more turtles than dragons, so ner

• I'm a damn twisted person

I'd suggest Archeops because archeops is fucking boss. And probably the coolest pokemon to come out of Gen V. 

• In the context of fantasy-ish games, that is nowhere near as obvious a statement as it should be.

• edited 2012-12-24 01:26:29
    If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

But you can't get Archen until you beat the Elite Four in White 2.

^ Yes.

• BeeBee
    edited 2012-12-24 02:05:49

On a less (or possibly more, depending) bullshitty note, I bought Ys Origins, it was exactly as fun as I hoped it would be up till the first big boss, then out of nowhere it started frameskipping to a completely unplayable degree.  To be specific, I'd be looking at a still image through the entire laser breath attack.

The weirdest part is that between attacks, the boss's idle animations play just fine.  I mean, it's not exactly a graphically strenuous model or anything.  And its attacks definitely aren't 30+ times more intensive to draw than the rest of it.

So yeah, FML.

• Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto!

No, the coolest Pokemon in Gen V is definitely Volcarona.

that is only valid because there is no charizard in gen 5

• edited 2012-12-24 01:44:01
    I'm a damn twisted person

Neh, Volcarona looks to cuddly and silly to look cool. Archeops is a freaking feathered dinosaur raptor/bird. 

And leveling up to get it is such a pain in the ass. 

Just a little insight, I can't stand the look of Archeops. At all.

• edited 2012-12-24 01:59:45
    Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

Archeops COULD have been a worthy successor to Aerodactyl (the REAL coolest gen 1 Poke).

Then I looked at its ability.

Besides, Archeops wouldn't fit with my current setup since Mienshao already covers its niche.

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

Shedinja is best Pokemon.

Sunkern is #2.

Just a little insight, I can't stand the look of Archeops. At all.

-20 respect

now gtfo

Yay now I have -20. Thanks. -_-

maybe you shouldn't have dissed archeops then >:(

• edited 2012-12-24 03:13:39
    Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto!

nova, i thought what we had was possibly almost maybe bordering on something that could be misconstrued as potentially being close to what some might think could be a sign of what most would say would be comparble to being special...

• yea i make potions if ya know what i mean

but have you decided to want for more look like?

Dragons are overdone, so yes.

Dragons are overhomogenized, not overdone.

But Charizard is the Jay-Z of the dragon world. So it's irrelevant anyway.

There's that gargoyle dragon whose name is escaping me at the moment, but they made him kinda suck and didn't give him any evolutions.

nova, i thought what we had was possibly almost maybe bordering on something that could be misconstrued as potentially being close to what some might think could be a sign of what most would say would be comparble to being special...

wat

nova are you telling me that you haven't possibly bordering on special close to what some might think could be a sign of?

no, i seriously don't have a clue what that even said

It said "nova, i thought what we had was possibly almost maybe bordering on something that could be misconstrued as potentially being close to what some might think could be a sign of what most would say would be comparble to being special..."

You saw this coming.

• Alright, I managed to turn off enough graphics stuff for the Wailing Blue boss in Ys to be playable, albeit barely.  It's weird, because nothing in that fight was actually graphically intensive, much less by several times' normal play, so I'm assuming something about that fight fucks with VSync.

Anyway, I'm at the Flooded Prison boss.  It kicked my ass, but it's fun as hell oh my God.

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

You mean the Arthropod? 

Just got to it myself and have given it about half a dozen tries. It's a great example of an "emergent" boss, because getting further in the fight means having more obstacles in the arena, but the manner in which you attack the boss decides how those obstacles will be placed. This is a very direct example of gameplay decisions having an immediate "payoff", if you want to use that word.

I also like how all the bosses thus far have had a bullet hell quality to them.