If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Vidya Gaems General

Comments

• Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto!
    All the games still do take a while for bikes. Running helps tons.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

NU FTW

• I've already played all the games by that developer, including Analogue.

Has she made other games besides Digital: A Love Story and Don't Take It Personally Babe etc. (and this new Analogue, of course)?

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

I was really pleasantly surprised with Vindictus. It's an MMO that actually uses physics objects well, usually as weapons via the grapple key. You can also grapple enemies, but unlike most games, you get a bunch of context-sensitive throws to use as well. Depending on the conditions of the fight, you might slam them into a wall and elbow rush them, throw them into another bunch of enemies or simply break them against the ground in front of you. You can also send enemies right through breakable objects.

That's not to mention the general mobility and tempo of combat, either.  

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

okay

now try runescape

ehhh

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

ehhh your face >:(

i shall make a point of ehhhing your next recommendation now >:(

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

^^FWIW, I was reluctant too, but it's legitimately really good.

• edited 2012-12-21 13:36:58
    One foot in front of the other, every day.

^^ I recommend Dishonoured.

^ Yeah, but I just started an MMO that gives me more than what I actually expected. Like, sure, real time combat is sweet. But in this game I can grapple and then throw my adversary into another adversary. Intuitively at that. 

but can you bake pies, make your own armor and catch fish

I recommend Dishonoured.

Too late, already own and played it.

Yeah, but I just started an MMO that gives me more than what I actually expected.

I am fairly sure that at this point, Runescape will give you more than you expect unless you have really high expectations. Which nobody does, everyone just assumes it's crap.

I'll repeat what I said earlier: Runescape contains the two best quests ever included in any RPG.

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

It's probably not likely, but shit that's a scary thought.

Granted it's slightly better than EA or Activision getting their hands on THQ's assets.

No, it isn't. Ubisoft is the company that actually makes EA and Activision look good.

Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot has previously expressed interest in THQ's properties. "They have good things," he told GamesIndustry in November.

i can think of worse reasons

It's not that I disagree with Ubisoft's reasoning. It's just that the company is so utterly without competence that their acquisition of any good IP would be devastating.

but i thought thq sucked anyway

so it doesnt really matter

THQ is well above average for a major videogame company.

Which...is still kind of pathetic.

But Ubisoft is simply the worst one.

• edited 2012-12-21 14:04:32
    Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

^^THQ is probably the least bad of all the large American publishers. And they were getting better in the past few years because they were shifting away from low effort cash-in licensed games to actually good IPs.

Granted, I'm less worried about THQ itself and more worried about Relic and Volition.

THQ is well above average for a major videogame company.

i guess i'm still not particularly concerned. dunno why; maybe i just don't think it'll interfere with people making games i like.

• Kichigai birthday!!
    @Clockwork

I don't know, EA and Activision are downright evil, Ubi is just stupid

probably the least bad of all the large American publishers

Valve.

I don't know, EA and Activision are downright evil, Ubi is just stupid

Yeah, but Ubisoft is just so stupid that it's worse than EA or Activision. EA and Activision are capable of making good games if they think that's the profitable route. Ubsoft just can't do it these days.

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

^I consider Valve a developer moreso than a publisher.

True, but then there's Steam.

I'll repeat what I said earlier: Runescape contains the two best quests ever included in any RPG.

Have you played The Witcher 2 all the way through yet? It might just contain all the best quests in the RPG genre. Not sure. But maybe. 

It'd struggle pretty hard to beat One Piercing Note, in my opinion.

A great quest that uses precisely two mechanics out of all of the game's mechanics.

• edited 2012-12-21 14:24:43
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

No, I haven't. Combination of storage space limits, lots of games to play and its completely bullshit difficulty curve.

And what Nova said.

Like, if it has something better than Rune Memories, okay, I'll buy that, even though it was really good, but One Piercing Note is just amazing.

• edited 2012-12-21 14:27:26
    One foot in front of the other, every day.

I'm not necessarily doubting that, mind, but The Witcher 2 is on another level when compared to other RPGs. If those quests are as good as you two say they are, then The Witcher 2 is going to be the game to compete with them. 

And on the difficulty curve:

I know I've got the advantage of experience, but The Witcher 2 isn't as difficult as you make it out to be. If you learn to dodge rather than block and to kite enemies into more dispersed groups, most encounters are much easier. But you have to treat it like Dark Souls -- be as ruthless as the mechanics allow you to be, and use everything at your disposal, because the odds are against you sword-to-sword. 

Well, Runescape is free, while The Witcher 2 costs money, so it's better for you to play Runescape instead. :U