If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Vidya Gaems General

Comments

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

not even gunna

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

2 to the power of 3

cant argue with maths alex

swords are math

deny maths and you deny swords

• Champion of the Whales

Did you people hear about the War Z?

Yeah. 

> dodgy devs release like, an alpha of their game
    > bunch of people buy it
    > doesn't run properly half the time
    > shitty ripoff of a good mod the rest of the time
    > devs blame customers for "misreading" or "misunderstanding" the product details
    > Steam gives refunds 

• edited 2012-12-20 09:58:49
    Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto!

About it being pulled and refunds given, because it was awful?

^ Yea

Also, I was looking at other free to play games on Steam.

Mabinogi made me laugh out loud. It looks to be Second Life: Chinese Cartoons edition. 

> thousands of people acting out animu indulgences at once
    > good god 

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

What is Mabinogi anyway?

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

Basically WoW, except more animu.

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

So, the studio called Black Isle Studio (which, bear in mind, is not the Black Isle Studio that has ever made a game, but an entirely new studio Interplay made up as a publicity stunt) is doing a crowdfunding thing (not a Kickstarter because they want the money even if it fails and don't want to give out rewards).

What are they funding? A game, right? Well...no. This is the funding for hiring actual employees (as of now it doesn't have any programmers, designers, or...well, people; the studio is essentially just a logo). Once that's done, they'll do another crowdfunding thing to make a game.

This is the dumbest thing I have heard the game industry do, and that's saying a lot.

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

Isn't Interplay, y'know, dead? And its remnants make up inXile and Obsidian Entertainment?

• edited 2012-12-20 13:31:06
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

Isn't Interplay, y'know, dead? And its remnants make up inXile and Obsidian Entertainment?

No, it still exists. Nobody who worked for it when it was making games people cared about is there, but it exists.

Also, the first project its nonexistent employees intend to make is V13, which you may recognize as the name of the Fallout MMO that Interplay claimed to be working on when they were actually just sort of sitting around collecting paychecks. It's now an original IP because nobody in their right mind is willing to trust Interplay with Fallout (or, well, anything) again.

• Dragon Nest, Vindictus and Mabinogi aren't availible on Steam here. Bummer.

On the topic of F2P stuff, my brother said he wanted to gift me a LoL skin. I think it's wasteful, but... Firefighter Tristana...

• >Not getting Gentleman Cho-gath

• edited 2012-12-20 14:30:18

>Not mentioning Corporate Mundo instead

Anyhow, it's for the legacy skin resale, so getting Firefighter Tristana could very well be a now or never thing. The other skins can wait (forever).

• Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto!

He meant where he lives.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

@Stormtroper: Is Mabinogi available to you outside of Steam?  Just curious.

• edited 2012-12-20 17:03:29

From what I've found, external IPs are blocked from each localized region, so no.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Got Dishonored on the PS3 today.

• "I will grant you two wishes; one for each testicle."

anybody want to play some multiplayer saint's row the third

i wanna play some multiplayer saint's row the third

So I've been playing the demo for Analogue: A Hate Story and it's been really interesting. The demo is available on Steam, if anyone's interested. 

It's both a visual novel and a text-based adventure, based around recovering the data of a long-lost colony space ship. You navigate the ship's logs, systems and AIs via a series of menus and text inputs, with your initial goal to recover data pertaining to the ship's disappearance. I say "initial goal" because I suspect your objective is going to change at some point, but I don't know that for sure. 

In any case, Analogue: A Hate Story is, if nothing else, an intriguing Korean marriage of visual novel and text adventure. Less a true "game" by contemporary standards and more a hybrid narrative experience, but I do mean that in the most positive way possible. While Dear Esther might frustrate some due to the implications of its mechanical setup (that is, there is barely any gameplay, but the game runs in a fully-realised world), Analogue uses its inherent limitations to contextualise a very different kind of adventure in a remarkably creative, intuitive and sensible way. 

I've already played all the games by that developer, including Analogue.

Have you played Digital: A Love Story?

Nope. 

I prefer that one. You should check it out.

Been playing Pokemon Fire Red and Pokemon Black back-to-back.

Pokemon Black is so much more polished, it's insane.

Agreed. Gen 5 is my second favorite behind Gen 2.

I didn't realize how accustomed I'd gotten to being able to run indoors until I played Fire Red.

Also, Beedrill sucks ass and yet I love him anyway, what is this >:(

I prefer Butterfree.

They both suck ass though.
  • But you never had any to begin with.

I didn't realize how accustomed I'd gotten to being able to run indoors until I played Fire Red.

Which is still infinitely preferable to Red and Blue's "Walk until you get a bike. 3 cities in."

I prefer Butterfree.

They both suck ass though.

Nuzlocke. Got a Weedle, not a Caterpie.