If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Who Would Win General Discussion

Comments

• edited 2012-12-17 02:11:57
    Definitely not gay.

It's a Disney movie. The producers probably didn't give a shit about how powerful Ralph would have to be to toss a piece of paper IRL around: they just put it in for dramatic effect.

HAVE AT THEE

• WHO WOULD WIN IN A FIGHT BETWEEN

MY DICK AND EVERYTHING ELSE

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

everything else

for that would imply you have a dick

>:(

• Is it weird I rather enjoy reading Alexings these days rather than just glazing over and scrolling past them like I used to (no offense, Alex)?

Bah. Must be the tiredness.

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

It's cool. My posts aren't for everyone.

They're only for the cool kids, I'm afraid. Welcome to the cool kids club. No cooties. 

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Is it weird I rather enjoy reading Alexings these days rather than just glazing over and scrolling past them like I used to (no offense, Alex)?

Well, it varies.

Some days I'll read his posts in full. Some days, I'm feeling tired or sick or depressed or otherwise not particularly well, and I'll skim through them. Other days, I'm really bad off, and my eyes just glaze and skim past it.

But these days, he condenses his posts more than he used to, so they're maybe 3/4 of the length they used to be, and he's willing to just post the main points if someone asks.

So I figure he's just raised his Alexing skill so it's less painful now.

He is now a Level 3 Alex.

fuck you i'm at least level like, seven, or someshit i dunno

no

you used to be level 7 but then you lost four levels for uncoolness

• But you never had any to begin with.

I'm sure we can find a middle ground. Like, I 'unno, 3.500148932.

• edited 2012-12-17 05:06:59

5, maybe?

NO WAIT MATHS -catches fire- AAAAAAAAAAAAARGH THE NUMBERS THEY BUUUURN

• I used to read every Alexpost, but I guess I never actually read this one in this thread so I guess I don't read all of them anymore.

• Sonic vs. the Flash (Wally West).
  • Definitely not gay.

The Flash can run faster than light, IIRC. Sonic's measly faster-than-sound is nothing to that.

• edited 2012-12-17 07:48:41
    If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Well, Wally can create a tornado that would suck the air out of Sonic's lungs. And he can just absorb kinetic energy, which renders Sonic's speed meaningless.

Wally, easily.

^ He can outrun death. Faster than light is nothing.

• Definitely not gay.

Ooh! I got one!

Howl vs Ice King

Both sides of the wizard spectrum!

In one corner, we have a handsome young man who uses his magic imaginatively, does not use his powers for combat often (but is still very competent at it)  and makes ladies drop dead wherever he goes!

In the other corner, we have a crotchety old man who almost exclusively uses his magic for combat (with varying degrees of success), uses his magic very linearly (ice blast, ice lightning, summon golem, rinse and repeat) and makes ladies run and scream wherever he goes!

FIGHT!

Howl. 

But you knew I'd say that. 

• Definitely not gay.

Aw hell, might as well cash my chips in.

I'd give this to Howl myself. Here's why:

For all his power, the Ice King's biggest weakness is that he thinks too linearly. Even when he thinks outside the box (like with his Ice Armor), it's just a slight variation of his usual strategies. Furthermore, while the Ice Crown is shown to be very powerful (it has enough power to freeze the entire world), the Ice King is explicitly shown to not have access to its full power. 

While Howl prefers non-violent means to solving problems, I still think he would win if he was forced to. Howl, unlike poor Simon, thinks in quadratic terms. He can come up with creative solutions that the Ice King (because various reasons) cannot predict accurately. He can also adapt to his surroundings very quickly. Remember when Suliman was chasing him? 

Related to the previous paragraph:  Think back to episodes where Finn confronts the Ice King. What gave Finn the advantage? He certainly isn't more powerful than the Ice King. Rather, Finn and Howl both share an advantage in that they can adapt to their surroundings easily and come up with creative solutions quickly. Finn and Jake's brawl in "Who Would Win" is a perfect example. Finn had the disadvantage power-wise, but he used background materials such as logs and stones and the properties of his opponent's physique that would be overlooked by the Ice King.

As much as I like the Ice King, I'm giving this to Howl.

My reasoning is similar. Howl's magic is esoteric and raw and shaped by emotion, too; it seems as though it has less implicit "rules" whereas the Ice King seems to come from a school of D&D-type thought. 

For instance, Howl can make his "castle" exist in multiple places at once. /golfclap

• Definitely not gay.

I still can't believe I seriously wrote that much words on why a bishie wizard beats a creepy old man wizard

My victory is complete. 

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.

Alex isn't a man, he is a state of mind.

You've taken your first steps toward achieving true Alex.

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

Marty McFly Vs. Okabe Rintaro HOUIN KYOUMA!

• Kichigai birthday!!
    Homura could beat both.

And Doraemon could beat her
  • I'm a damn twisted person

Well if we are going by time travel alone, the Dolorean has significantly more range than the time jump headset and doesn't require a special ability to let people preserve their memories from before the time stream was altered. 

In terms of understanding how cause and effect work, Okabe knows enough that fucking around with time travel is a horrible idea. Granted, time travel is a lot harsher and stubborn in Okabe's universe than in Marty's.

And in terms of supporting cast and the ability to play off them, Okabe wins by a landslide.

More time travel slap fights! Cable vs The Doctor.

• Definitely not gay.

Every FF1 class vs the original Power Rangers.

• edited 2012-12-17 09:45:45
    But you never had any to begin with.

The FF1 characters, since they're allowed to keep trying till they win. :P (Also the habit of nuking everything and reviving the dead.)

• Definitely not gay.

Oh fine. Chaos vs Ganondorf.

I'm going to interpret that as "The Forces of Chaos (Warhammer) vs. Gannondorf".

In which case, the Forces of Chaos. Gannondorf is small-time compared to them.