If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Who Would Win General Discussion

Comments

• He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.

Elektross, are you mad? WHY WOULD YOU SUMMON HIM? WHAT IN GOD'S HOLY NAME COMPELS YOU TO CALL FORTH SUCH INSANITY?

• You can change. You can.

He plans the end of us all. It's all part of his plan to become God

he will unleash the Alex and then

slay the alex himself

somehow

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

"Beware the Alex, my son! The swords that bite, the blades that catch! Beware the vandro, and shun The frumious Alkthash!" 
    He took his vorpal sword in hand: Long time the manxome foe he sought -- So rested he by the Tumtum tree, And stood awhile in thought. 
    And, as in uffish thought he stood, The Alex, with eyes of flame, Came whiffling through the tulgey wood, And burbled as it came! 
    One, two! One, two! And through and through The vorpal blade went snicker-snack! He left it dead, and with its head He went galumphing back. 
    "And, has thou slain the Alex? Come to my arms, my beamish boy! O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!' He chortled in his joy

• Definitely not gay.

No. I plan to siphon off Alex's swordiness to become immortal and rule the world as its god-queen on a giant floating magic castle.

• One foot in front of the other, every day.
    On my phone, currently, but not for much longer. Prepare yourselves.

No...No...NOOOOOO!

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

i blame you eelektross

thanks a lot

• Definitely not gay.

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

You all brought this on yourselves. I won't be here to fight him off this time.

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    whoever wins

we lose
  • I'm a damn twisted person
    This thread just became Who Would Win : Alex vs Eelektross.
  • Definitely not gay.

And then I make him pregnant with my alien-baby and the alien-baby spawns a terrible sequel.

On my phone, currently, but not for much longer. Prepare yourselves.

Alex is coming.

• Definitely not gay.

come at me bro

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

how many viewers did you say watched/read this series?

A lot. Currently, it has the highest viewership of anything ever.

• Definitely not gay.

How do I join in?

Johannes Liechtenauer is a historical swordmaster swathed in mystery. As far as we know, nothing but a coded poem survives of anything he may have written, but his students (and students of his students, and so on) have gone on to write dozens or hundreds of manuscripts about the style of fencing he established. Probably hailing from Liechtenau or Liechtenstein (wherein he'd get his name), he was a German knight of the 14th century, probably being born c.1350. He is arguably the most important swordsman in European history, travelling throughout Central and Eastern Europe to create his versatile systems of combat. There is speculation that one Lignitzer was his teacher, although that, like so many possibilities of this history, can't be confirmed. 

Fiore Dei Liberi is a bit younger. His time of birth is placed later in the 14th century, as his manuscripts didn't see completion until the early 15th century. The son of a minor noble house of Italy, he appeared to have made most of his livelihood giving private fencing lessons. His accomplishments include surviving a siege and winning a small handful of judicial duels, although Fiore himself is the only source of this information. He was doubtless an exceptional swordsman, whatever the case, as his discipline continued to be practised long after his death. Similarities between the German and Italian traditions suggest that Liechtenauer or the mysterious Lignitzer may have tutored Fiore -- indeed, Fiore notes that his most important teacher was a German named "Johannes", but apart from that, there is no solid evidence that Liechtenauer had anything to do with Fiore's training. 

Both styles of swordsmanship are near-enough identical in biomechanical terms, but they divert when it comes to the way one thinks about the techniques and tactical considerations involved. Fiore's Italian style is considered to be more advanced in footwork and in defense, whereas Liechtenauer's German style is more aggressive and places emphasis on controlling the fight. Liechtenauer's martial dominance seems to have gone largely uncontested throughout German history after the establishment of his art, perhaps apart from the comparatively obscure Gladitoria tradition (which seems to deal only with judicial duels, and only in plate harness). Fiore's discipline was eventually succeeded by a kind of geometrically-aware swordplay characterised by Agrippa, his attitude being merged into a wider scientific awareness of the fight.

Modern sport fencing tends to idealise Italian, French and Spanish conceptions of combat, drawing the essence of its approach from the Fiore-Agrippa line of evolution in particular. The German school of combat conception is dead to the modern mind in terms of literal sword use, with the exception of individuals like myself who study it in particular, but if one compares modern military combatives, knife fighting styles and bayonet methods, there's an incredible amount of overlap with the historical combat manuals. The essential knowledge hasn't disappeared, but we as a society forgot how to apply it in its "native" context.  

goddamn it eelektross

EELEKTROSSSSS!

Man I expected something worse than this

this is just me when I talk about Batman levels of bad.

• Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto!

Eelektross, I want you inside me.

Just to balance out the hate.

that's because he didn't actually said how their respective persons would match up and only delved into their backstories.

• edited 2012-12-17 00:22:04
    Definitely not gay.

that's because he didn't actually said how their respective persons would match up and only delved into their backstories.

>Reading an Alex post

>Unironically

Go eat a dick you motherfu-

I just realised that I have become a genre unto myself. 

I'm not sure what to do with this information, but I'm glad I have it. 

You are the Jabberwocky.

• Oh! I forgot this thread existed.

I just want everyone to know Ralph wins in any pure strength-based scenario ever.

• Definitely not gay.

Explain how Turbo/Cybug thrashed his ass in the finale then

• He was outmaneuvered, for one thing. But besides that, within the context of the various digital worlds he's bound by the constraints of the programming. Which suggests either that everything is proportionally as strong, or that coding and how objects are scripted to interact with each other override absolute measures of strength, in which case he was beaten because its internal script for being punched wasn't a big deal (maybe melee is only a joke option in those games).

I am just waiting to be told I'm taking this all too literally because I have the best answer to that.