If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Animu/Mango General

Comments

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Finally found where I got that Kiddy Grade avatar I'm currently using as my user icon: http://sharp-pastels.livejournal.com/5222.html

It's #13 under Kiddy Grade.  The one where she's holding a gun.

• edited 2012-12-03 09:48:08
    There is love everywhere, I already know

Prism Nana's third PV. This show will end up being really overhyped for me because that PV was truly, truly awesome.

Not to be a total fan or anything, but Eureka Seven AO ranks #1 every single time it's released, so there.

Also, nobody buys Eva movie BDs (Unless it's been released before and I didn't notice), but that probably doesn't matter since the ticket sales are always through the roof.

I'm glad that AO was a success for BONES, unlike my last favorite BONES show Un-Go... Zetsuen will probably be unsuccessful (I haven't even considered buying BDs for it despite my continued love affair with it this season).

Hyouka is the fourth bestselling series of this year, I mention this because I like Hyouka and vandro doesn't.

Also, yet another report on "Chitanda Eru makes rice-cakes"

Tamako is a mochi-loving high-school freshman whose family runs a mochi (rice cake) shop in a certain town's shopping district. She enjoys her high school life with her friends Midori and Kanna in the badminton club. She also helps out at her family's shop and develops new mochi.

She is childhood friends with Mochikura, the son of the neighboring rival mochi shop, but when their fathers meet, they fight like cats and dogs. On Tamako's birthday on New Year's Eve, Mochikura is determined to hand her a birthday present that he had not been able to in past years. Then, suddenly, a splendid bird (parrot) appears in the shopping district, and a year like no previous one is about to begin.

Sign me up!

• edited 2012-12-03 09:51:16
    But you never had any to begin with.

Rebuild 1.0 sold 49k copies in the first week it was released, so...

EDIT: And 2.22, 195k. On the first day.

• There is love everywhere, I already know

Oh, now I see. They just take a slight spike whenever a new movie comes out...

• He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.

Mentioning Hyoka is a best selling series is like mentioning that the atmosphere at sea level is generally made up of breathable air. But anyhow. Tradition is tradition.

KYOTO ANIMATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why you not make another FMP?

And about Eureka Seven AO. I have yet to watch it. Is it true the characterization gets fucked up by the end.

• edited 2012-12-03 19:27:48
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

INCOMING OPPONENT: METAL YAYOI

Also, for some reason, this slightly-sweet-smelling laundry detergent reminds me of Cure Passion.

• edited 2012-12-03 23:21:54

Why you not make another FMP?

Their slice-of-life shows tend to make very good points about everyday life and are bestsellers!

Is it true the characterization gets fucked up by the end.

What? When? I still haven't seen the last two episodes and while I'll admit the characterization isn't perfect I think it's pretty excellent and remarkable (Elena, Ao, Ivica, Naru, Truth and Christophe being the best examples).

Do you mean happy-go-lucky pregnant with not Ao Eureka? Cause a) that was once and I feel it fit for some reason and b) All the other versions of Eureka act pretty Eureka-ish.

Cure Passion

Pretty Cure and gmh have forever ruined my enjoyment of fruit flavored candies.

Speaking of, these may or may not be the DokiDoki Precure girls!

I like that they may be starting with 4 and that ever since the mess that was Muse and Beat's designs we're getting some really great ones for all four girls.

• edited 2012-12-03 23:51:43

Speaking of, these may or may not be the DokiDoki Precure girls!

If that is true, then I like them more than Smile's designs at least.  Girls on the right are cool (especially bottom right), and bottom left is really cute. Top left I don't really care for though.

• He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.

I'm just asking, for I have yet to see Eureka Seven Astral Ocean, as my previous post said.

I think it's worth a watch, but it's also probably one of those 'Love it to bits, admire it for it's merits but don't really bother or hate it with the passion of a thousand suns' things.

Now I have this sense of impending doom regarding episodes 23&24...

I would prefer the designs to not feature high-heeled shoes, but whatever.

Also, I'm sorry for ruining your enjoyment of fruit-flavored candies.  But I don't know how that worked...

Thanks to Precure, I can only eat Apple/Pear flavored candies without thinking about Fresh Precure (Peach, Pine, all Berries ever and Passion Fruit).

I think the last series to have flat-shoes was Yes!, right?

• edited 2012-12-04 06:01:47

I wish I could answer "Yes!" to that, but I don't know.

Edit: No, I think they're still somewhat high: http://moetron.com/newfiles/20071227precure_002.jpg .  But they're not stilettos at least.

Japan, please, stop doing this.

This is like, the fourth "My little sister and me are in love" show this year alone!

There's more than one imouto-love show out there?

/me reads description

Oh gosh, this is worse than Ore Imo in ham-handedness.  I didn't think that was possible.

• Have you watched Ore Imo?

• ^^ But Oreimo was very good and also isn't an incest show anyway (at least not in the anime.  The novels are still ongoing, so it's possible that there'll be an incest end, but in the anime there's no romance between the two of them).

This particular series does sound really dumb though.

^^ I'm comparing premises.

And I'm exaggerating a little, yes.

It's basically that my reaction to the premise of OreImo is "why would you make a show about that?", and I figured it'd be a one-time thing.  But I was wrong, and this new premise one-upped that by a lot.

• edited 2012-12-04 15:55:41

Also, the main reason Saikin, Imōto no Yōsu ga Chotto Okaishiin Da Ga sounds stupid is because it does that thing where it tries to appeal to people who want incest, while still half-assedly avoiding having actual incest (usually by doing "they're not blood related!" but in this case it seems to be "his sister is actually a different person all of a sudden" which is extremely silly) so it kind of avoids really appealing to anyone at all.

Or so I say but apparently these novels are fairly successful.

Also:

"why would you make a show about that?"

Because tsundere characters are cute and imouto characters are cute, so why not have both at once?

Are you sure storytelling works that way--i.e., stringing popular tropes together and then expecting people to like them?

• You can change. You can.

Storytelling doesn't work like that.

But that's how producers have been doing it for the last ~100 years or so.

• It sometimes turns out fine and everything.

• edited 2012-12-04 17:40:59

^^^ Not in general, but that is probably the thought process behind the novels and why they got an anime adaptation, and it worked out in the end anyway.  Obviously that kind of reasoning doesn't necessarily always make for good stories, but it's not like giving people things they like necessarily makes for bad stories either, and it's usually easier to sell something if it contains elements that your audience already knows they like.

• Kichigai birthday!!
    They should make "My little sister can't be this ebin!" It would be about a guy who discovers his cute, tsundere sister likes drinking ES, posting on Ylilauta and making menes. Her catchphrase would be "Onii-chan on paska :DD f-fug"
  • edited 2012-12-05 23:27:53

Courtesy of Zettai Karen Children, we have The Unlimited PV.

I'm not watching it, it's really not my type of show, but it looks like it'll be very good.

Also, Tamako Market's "We're KyoAni and it doesn't really matter if they do anything in this PV because we know you're going to hand us your time and money anyways!" video.

• edited 2012-12-05 23:28:19

@nohaynicklibre: I would watch that just so that I could roffle over the sheer amount of stylistic suck.

Also, I don't know what your current title is, but your new title should be this:

Onii-chan on paska :DD f-fug

Zetsuen no Tempest 5:... the blond person in the OP is... not a girl? A male college student no less? Hmmm...

As far as the episode itself, I like how it elaborates on Samon's plan without a straight lecture to the heroes and why Hakaze is alive. It's nice to see such usually endgame stuff out in the open and I think this means that there'll be quite a lot more going on.

The way flashbacks are incorporated in this show is amazing, in fact, I like the way this show reveals things (compared to it's own manga, which was embarrassingly straightforward with plots at times). The flashbacks can cause some disjointedness here and there (like Yoshino's Dolphin talisman one) but overall it's worth it.

I quite like the direction it's going in with the plot, I like how the fight in this episode was handled and I like to see competence from everybody on the cast.

Yoshino's feelings, contrasting with the entire feel of the episode were very well portrayed so in the end nothing clashed and I feel quite attached to him and Hakaze now as protagonists. Mahiro is still just mucking about and I feel like even Junichirou (Who is seriously a guy?) will get his character development before he does.

The latest development with the Hakaze kidnapping cover up (or is it) is very interesting and I'd like to see more.

So far, I've decided that I might purchase one BD from the series sometime, or the entire box if I can wait long enough and it's cheap enough.

Re-watching episodes of Sword Art Alfheim Online (15&16), I'm starting to finally notice the music and I have to say it's pretty great so far. Different from both Madoka and Fate/zero, and I mean that in a good way.

Also, I'm starting to earnestly like this show, somebody murder me before it's too late.

• edited 2012-12-07 00:50:34
  • edited 2012-12-07 23:49:43

The same guy directing that will also be directing the Devil Survivor 2 (!) anime.

Apparently, K is doing a 13 (!) BD release. One for each episode. Oddly enough, the price is lower than usual (6000Y for two BDs with one episode each compared to standard 7000Y for one BD with two episodes).