If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Vidya Gaems General

Comments

• Poot dispenser here

Da ba dee da ba di, da ba dee da ba di, da ba dee da ba di?

• I'm starting to wonder what Kotaro Uchikoshi's obsession with drowning is.

He had a bad experience with a washing machine.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Hey, if you're a Steam user, you should join http://steamcommunity.com/groups/bugclub .

And also http://www.steamgifts.com/ .

• yea i make potions if ya know what i mean

Does anyone here have DDO? I'm downloading it off of Steam as we speak.

If not, oh well. 

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Doctor of Dental Orogeny?

• Dynamic Drive Overlay?

Dungeons and Dragons Online, folks. 

• edited 2012-10-17 22:22:41
    If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Dungeons and Dragons Online.

fucking... fuck

• BeeBee
    edited 2012-10-17 22:30:00

So anyway, I finished Dragon Quest 6.  The game was pretty easy for most of the game, then all of a sudden Mortamor is ridiculous and you need to grind Metal King Slimes for several hours just to have enough HP to weather his last form.

It also has a really cheap mechanic where Mortamor's hands resurrect each other, but the one with the 100% resurrection has several hundred more HP.  Even that's not as cheap as how he can use two stupidly powerful breath attacks and two stupidly powerful punches between heals, which makes half the fight dumb luck of how much he arbitrarily decides to eat your face before the hands die.  And then when he gets low he Magic Bursts you just as a last fuck you to your healer.

fucking... fuck

Um....sorry? >_> 

• I remember DDO actually being pretty fun, especially when the Warforged were free to play as (not sure if they are again or not, weren't last time I checked).

They weren't when I had an account back like....a year or two ago.

Said account actually probably still exists, but soloing the game as a wizard is hard. 

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

He had a bad experience with a washing machine.

• You can change. You can.

story of my life right there

• BeeBee
    edited 2012-10-18 16:36:16

Rainslick Precipice 3 done.  Gabe is fucking ridiculous and Moira is good for little more than giving him items to make him more ridiculous.

Gabe + Samurai + Masochist

Attack Stance, Pain Eater

Moira gives him Buffz and spams Energite on him

Gabe Spams his heavy Holy attack

5 digit damage per turn

• Has anyone played E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy? 

I'm currently juggling it between dark souls and revisiting S.T.A.L.K.E.R atm and have to say i'm rather enjoying it
    I know pretty much everybody has gripes about the lack of a proper tutorial and how abysmally it has scored in its reviews and i'd be lying if i said that i didn't find it incredibly annoying but once i figured out most of the controls and tweaking the enemy AI so they didn't notice me from 4 city blocks away i found the game's atmosphere, tight gunplay and gameplay options.
    As well as its at first, dense storyline about psychic warrior monks fighting internal faction divides while bringing down a tyranical government and its intergalactic army while all sides are being assaulted by a never ending onslaught of bizarre reflections of human nature, to be exceedingly compelling

mind you probably half the reason i enjoy this game so much is due to my 40k fanboying and its coincidental Inquisitorial feel >.>

• edited 2012-10-19 00:32:00
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

I started it once.

It needs a damn tutorial (much like Dark Souls), but what I played on it was really, really good.

• yea the tutorial sucks floppy donkey cock but after about 6 hours you start getting a feel for stat allocation and gameplay so it isn't so much of a biggy 
    also i figured out that avatar progress from online/LAN play carries over to the story campaign and that let me get to lvl 30ish in about 1.5hrs on ghost dificulty making it incredibly abusable, but at least it lets me try out a bunch of different character builds until i found something i really enjoy playing with 

so if you feel like giving it another shot you might want to try that

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

I tried and I agree with CU.

Also, all the fonts were too damn small.

• edited 2012-10-19 01:13:23

hmm i started playing it with the 1.37 patch from the get go so i haven't noticed anything wrong the font, its also probably why i haven't noticed nearly as many bugs as what i read about in reviews and what not 

• I told you a hundred times Seibah, I don't want you in my pool

http://www.steamgifts.com/giveaway/S47Zm/shoot-many-robots

steamgifts giveaway for whoever wants it. Its private so don't be sharing this on 4chan or something

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    Bought Sleeping Dogs since it was on sale on Steam.
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Downloaded and installed DDO. Playing on the Thelanis server, will probably be creating a Warrior.

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

Tell me if it's good.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Well, I've finished up to the end of the tutorial.

I ended up starting as a Paladin instead of a Warrior, because Paladins are more focused on defense than Warriors, plus have several abilities like Aura of Good that are excellent (Aura of Good provides me with a permanent, passive +2 bonus to AC and all saving throws, and this Aura is extended to anyone who gets close to me and for seven seconds after they move away from me, making me a prime choice as a defender).

The storytelling in DDO is definitely a pen-and-paper type storytelling. Unfortunately, without an actual DM to play the DM, the storytelling is linear, and that makes for a weird combination.

Ultimately, I think that once you get used to the omniscient narrator narrating your adventures, this style of questing actually works quite well for DDO. I'm kind of spoiled, as I'm used to the storytelling in The Old Republic, which is slightly less linear and more immersive, but that style of questing wouldn't really work here.

The gameplay itself is... odd. I'm not quite sure why I have a mana bar in a Dungeons and Dragons game- although, the gameplay this way is a lot less annoying than a Vancian spellcasting system would be in an MMO. Plus, skills regenerate over time rather than per adventure or after resting, which is weird but welcome.

I dunno. Overall, the game is pretty fun so far, although from what I remember from playing it a year and a half ago, it's most definitely more fun if playing with friends, as you can build a balanced group then.

As for if it's good- it's definitely one of the better MMO's out there, but it will never stand against Deus Ex or the like.

Okay, I've finished three quests (and still haven't gone up a level, but I have gone up two ranks and got two Action Points, which I spent on a +1 bonus to AC and a +1 bonus to Diplomacy which I'm hoping will be useful ever).

The game's questing style is actually pretty fun. Things just kind of happen, and you have the basics narrated to you, and you need to just deal with it as best you can.

I'm actually really liking it so far.

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

I'll give it a shot.

Oh, I forgot to mention that there was actually a puzzle in one of the quests. :D

Like, not a particularly hard one, but it was there, and fun.

• edited 2012-10-20 02:01:33
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

Making a character on Thelanis, though I'm planning to go solo to start.