If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Vidya Gaems General

Comments

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

Yep, pretty much.

How many episode 1 characters are still alive for you? I'm down to 3, though I think it might be possible to have 4...

• edited 2012-09-01 13:17:39
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

What was this? I never really even came close to dying. Nothing stuck out to me as unfair like that but from the second episode where the brother was standing right outside the door with a gun.

The bit in the storage place. The problem was that I initially thought it was like one of the action scenes where you couldn't actually move, until it told me I could move on my fourth attempt. And then when I went to grab the wrench the first time, it defaulted to "look at wrench" so Lee just stared at it like an idiot while one of the zombies ripped out his intestines.

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.

Oh.  I just started backpedaling without really thinking about it.  And I didn't have the problem with the default being looking, since I played it with a 360 controller.  :/

Spoiler:
    Kenny, Clem, and Lee are all that I've got left from episode one.  

Spoiler:
    Yeah, same for me. I was wondering if it's possible to keep Lilly alive, though I don't actually want to.

What major decisions did you make?

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.

My decisions screen was borked so I'm not sure I remember what all the major decisions actually were (or what I actually had control over, tbh), but:

Spoiler:
    Didn't shoot the girl, ditched Lily on the side of the road after she shot Doug, successfully convinced Kenny to stop the train, let Cat shoot Duck (she killed herself), let Kenny actually shoot Duck, helped Omid.

• edited 2012-09-01 13:35:49

For me, it was:

Spoiler:
    Didn't shoot the girl, ditched Lily, convinced Kenny to stop the train, volunteered to shoot Duck myself so his parents didn't have to (Katja kills herself no matter what you do, I think), pushed Omid.

I don't remember what all the decisions were either.

Spoiler:
    Oh yeah, I pushed Omid too.

Spoiler:
    Oh, and I told Clem we'd look for her parents.

Same.

Also,  "Duck thinks you are incredibly awesome." really was the best line.

Yep.

Though I'm amazed that I failed to go "well, he's going to die in this episode" when I saw that.

Yeah, it kinda blindsided me too.

That pretty much summarizes the episode as a whole, actually.

• edited 2012-09-01 13:51:03

Still amazed at how many people are uploading existing games on Greenlight. I mean, that gets you a ban from Steam, which means losing all your games. Are people actually that stupid?

-notices that Slender: Source is at 6%-

Okay, maybe.

Yeah.  The whole episode was... really emotionally draining.  In a good way.

I'm pretty shocked at how consistently good TWD has been.

Yeah, it's been pretty awesome.

So...when's Episode 4 out? >.>

not soon enough

not nearly soon enough

• Likes cheesecake unironically.

For what it's worth, an unofficial way to get a DRM-free version involves patching the game.

Why should I do that, when I can just buy a DRM-free version at GG?

But if you want to give Carpe Fulgur more money, you can always buy another copy from a digital distributor of your choice.

Well, yeah, that's exactly what I plan to do, when I have enough money on Paypal and like the demo enough (looks good so far). That's pretty much what I said (or rather implied). The only reason why I didn't buy it yet is that I didn't have enough money on aforementioned account.

Anyway, it turns out that I was wrong about the camera in Chantelise. It's is possible to turn it with the "A" and "S" keys. I'm pretty sure that that wasn't mentioned in the tutorial. That, or I overlooked it.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Because GamersGate asks you for your real name?

Well, I noticed that, but I haven't bought anything from them yet.  Do you actually have to give your real name or can you just use a pseudonym?

• Use Enkuipunkallade.

No one will figure you out.

That's worse than using Godkarmachine_o_Inary.

• Which is exactly the point.

• edited 2012-09-02 01:48:32
    If that don't work, use more gun.

So I was playing the La Mulana reamake, and I encountered a glitch where Lemeza got stuck in his laptop using sprite, and thought he was still using his laptop after I exited out of the menu.  So I couldn't warp or save, so I had to restart the game.  Ugh.  Let's see, when was the last time I saved?

-discovers that he lost an hour of progress, including defeating Viy-

Fuck this game.

Report the bug on la-mulana.com or playism.com?

So I ended up buying TWEWY on my iPad.

How does it control on iPad, anyway?
  • You can change. You can.

Holy shit, Deus Ex is fun. Really fun. 

How far are you?

• You can change. You can.

Just after you deactivate the antenna in Derelict Row. I finished all the sidequests and it's pretty much my kinda game. Snooping around for evidence and being a ninja robot is never not my kinda game

Yep, pretty much.