If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Animu/Mango General

Comments

• Every Genderflip Sengoku Era show

Except Sengoku Collection! (even if it pretends that it does that in the first episode)

Anyway, it's based on the apparently-justified assumption that fans want to watch shows about girls but only if there is a male character that they can identify with because God forbid they try to identify with a character that isn't the same sex as themselves.

• There is love everywhere, I already know

But I identify with female characters all the time (in fact one of my favorite genres is josei). Do executives hate looking out the window and actually seeing the world?

Oh yeah, Sengoku Collection, I need to finish that...

MADOKA MOVIE ISN'T JUST A REHASH!

I'm both overjoyed and kind of disappointed.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

So it's going to be an alternate story the way Eureka Seven's movie is?

• edited 2012-08-09 21:52:06

Reading SeventhStyle articles always bothers me, because of how hard they're obviously trying to be Sankaku Complex.  And then it makes me confused about why any site would want to be Sankaku Complex.

• edited 2012-08-10 11:42:12
    There is love everywhere, I already know

Well, tradeoff for getting information pretty fast. Sankaku Complex is that site obsessed with 2chan boobs, right?

^^ Hopefully. If it's even half the quality of that movie I'll love it forever.

... She might be fake though...

Um...

When the fan explains that she was uploading the music because the band's label went bankrupt before they could have their major debut, the Music Moral Keepers stop her by telling her that uploading music is damaging to the industry and ultimately reduces the number of bands who will gain major exposure

This makes no sense at all...

As expected:

People at Prism Nana: It's an ACTUAL MAGICAL GIRL show? Why would anybody want to watch that? (translation: WHY IS IT NOT MADOKA?)

BTOOOM! PV On The plus side, awesome music. On the minus, gross grabby guy in the PV, wow this is going to be misogynistic.

• edited 2012-08-10 13:38:44

Prism Nana PV looks awesome and... I really really hope the people who want it to be Madoka do not get what they want.  But really I think if it was going to be like that, they wouldn't try to make it a surprise, because, you know, Madoka just did that last year and so nobody would actually be surprised.

Kotone is best Prism Nana, because she is the most K-ON! of them all.

These people seem to have never heard of a magical girl show before, though I swear if this turns out like Madoka I'm probably never watching another SHAFT magical girl series because that's pretty much milking a schtick to the bone.

No, Kotone is the most Symphogear of them all.

• edited 2012-08-10 15:58:49

>twintails

>plays guitar

And you're seriously telling me she isn't Azunyan as a mahou shoujo.

Also, despite having a kind of cool PV, KyoAni's upcoming chuunibyo anime still sounds ridiculously stupid.  Of course, that doesn't really mean anything.

• He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.

Isn't Btooom! a manhwa?

>Blue

>Stole Tsubasa's Stage outfit

>Music themed

She's Tsubasa.

chuunibyo

It's actually the first KyoAni thing I looked at and went "Well, a spot just opened up in my lineup this fall!" It's the one about people with 'Middle-school disease' who fight right?

that's what you get when you don't animate little busters

• edited 2012-08-11 00:30:48

It's actually the first KyoAni thing I looked at and went "Well, a spot just opened up in my lineup this fall!" It's the one about people with 'Middle-school disease' who fight right?

Presumably they only pretend to fight since presumably they only think they have super powers.  If it turns out that they actually have any special powers then the show will be worse than I expected, which is really saying something.

So... Akibaranger without the nerdery, meta and interesting characters?

Well, fake or real fighting, it'll be bad.

So, I was wondering, what supports an anime more, purchasing the extremely expensive BDs or buying the merchandise?

• Probably the latter. Thanks otaku.

Darn it, I'm already on Symphogear BD 5 (and E7AO 1) and I don't know if cdjapan cancels already shipped orders...

• Well, buying BD's prolly supports them more directly. I thought you meant which earns them more money.

I meant "How do I support the studio?"

• I imagine that the creators receive a greater percentage of the money you spend on each BD, considering they're the ones making and distributing them.  With other merchandise, most of the money will probably go to whoever made the specific thing you bought.

• Yeah, that's why I changed to BD.

• edited 2012-08-11 02:22:51

So according to /a/ (the most reputable source, for sure), Prism Nana is just a commercial for some Nendoroids.

Its Facebook seems to support this.

Well, that actually makes a lot of sense and isn't entirely stupid.

Granted, that could also be incorrect, but even if it is true, it's not like it means there's no chance of it being a proper TV series or whatever.  It certainly wouldn't be the first time a magical girl series was made to advertise a line of figures. (though, well, I'd hope Prism Nana is a bit better than that... >.>)

• edited 2012-08-11 02:46:40
    There is love everywhere, I already know

Aren't like, seventy percent of Mahou Shoujo shows about selling merch? (Precure & such)

Isn't next season's Busou Shinki exactly like that too?

• edited 2012-08-11 02:55:36

Well, as in, it was specifically commissioned as an ad for figures which were going to exist whether or not the show did.

Though yes Busou Shinki is like that too.  And it's going to be awesome, because the OVA was already awesome sort of decent.

And again it doesn't really matter either way and it's possibly not even true.

But secretly I just wanted to link to Otogi-Juushi Akazukin because I am somehow a fan of it.  (it's because Gretel is such a cool looking character, really)

Well, as in, it was specifically commissioned as an ad for figures which were going to exist whether or not the show did.

But... then why are the prototypes Nendoroids and not the unique figurines? Plus the footage didn't seem very advertisement-ey.

Is Busou Shinki anything like Angelic Layer? Because i might consider watching it if that's the case.

That is a cool design...

I have a feeling that I'd pick a doll like Hikaru if I played Angelic Layer.  Dodge plus offense, basically.

And that thing is cute as hell.

I always wanted a Blanche or Shirahime...

• edited 2012-08-11 04:13:51

But... then why are the prototypes Nendoroids and not the unique figurines? Plus the footage didn't seem very advertisement-ey.

Because it's 3 in the morning and I'm just posting whatever shit I see other people say with no regard to whether or not it makes sense, that's why.

Is Busou Shinki anything like Angelic Layer? Because i might consider watching it if that's the case.

No idea!  I haven't seen Angelic Layer.

That is a cool design...

Unfortunately, she's pretty much the only really good design in the show (also best character arc, also most badass character, also most moe character).  Most of the others are just alright, and then you have this bullshit which I don't even think actually counts as a real character design (and yes, that's the main character who looks that boring, even if she only dresses like that sometimes).

...uh, I was talking about the doll Hikaru from Angelic Layer.

• edited 2012-08-11 04:12:04

>implying I care

No, it's just that I couldn't make snes of that last paragraph you wrote.

• edited 2012-08-11 04:13:26

Well yeah, I know.  I wasn't thinking when I read your post so I just sort of lumped it in with fourteenwings' post even though it's pretty clear what you actually meant.

Clearly, I need to, like... not post when I'm sleepy.