If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Animu/Mango General

Comments

• He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.

There are characters I don't like that are not moeblobs. I like mikuru asahina (present) and she is a moeblob. Future Mikuru can go die on a fire.

• There is love everywhere, I already know

I though moeblob was supposed to be a term for characters too moe to function.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

^^ Isn't that because the majority of Nanoha fans don't like Magical girls at all and treat the entire thing as a military series?

I thought it's not "military series", but rather "giant robot series".  More specifically, "giant robot series but with lolis".

I know there are a lot of fans who consider A's to be the high point of the series and disliked StrikerS because it became more about military politics and stuff.

I did think the first season was better than a lot of people seem to say it is.

I liked the first season more than the A's.

But I like StrikerS the most.

@fourteenwings: Do you like really brilliant team efforts?  If so, StrikerS may interest you.

in the first season I actually liked Fate and therefore liked Nanoha's and Fate's relationship developing and whatnot.

Same here.

what "moeblob" means

Well, not just "a character I don't like", but specifically, "a character who seems to be intentionally designed to pander adorableness and vulnerability to the audience".

• a little muffled

a character who seems to be intentionally designed to pander adorableness and vulnerability to the audience
    Does this even describe anyone in Nanoha other than Hayate? (Well, I haven't seen StrikerS, so I dunno about that.)

• edited 2012-08-08 14:50:02
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

I think it describes first-season!Fate, possibly, and pretty much no one else.  I didn't even get that feeling from Hayate, for some reason.

Okay, maybe not vulnerability, but protectiveness instinct in the viewer.

• a little muffled

I think it describes first-season!Fate, possibly, and pretty much no one else.
    Yeah I realized after posting that it more or less fits her but didn't feel like editing.

• I'm a damn twisted person
    On one hand I'm excited about the Steins;Gate dub cast and looking forward to the series coming stateside. One the other hand, the whole "complete series: part one" bit on the DVD is irksome.
  • edited 2012-08-08 15:02:49

Because you don't want it to say that it's part one or because you want to buy the whole thing in one set?

Because it's like... normal for anime to be released in more than one part if it's more than like 13 episodes... (and even then it's still common).

Because it says complete series and part one. Just call it part one.
  • Ah, got it.  Yeah, that's a little silly.

• a little muffled

Well, it's probably to differentiate it from like "season 1 part 1" or "season 2 part 1", right?

• Kichigai birthday!!
    Watched Tekkon Kinkrete. It was pretty good

T. Profesional anime reviewer
    Nyktos, for a series with multiple seasons maybe, but Steins;Gate only has one season.
  • a little muffled

But someone seeing the DVDs for sale doesn't necessarily know that?

Doesn't make it any less pointless as a naming choice.
  • edited 2012-08-08 18:19:36
    MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

Ooh ooh, I didn't get a chance to see the dub last comic con, who's the cast?

Come to think of it they might have just been showing licensed subs.

• The whole main cast is listed on the Wiki page.

@fourteenwings: Do you like really brilliant team efforts?  If so, StrikerS may interest you.

Brilliant team efforts of friendship or brilliant military team efforts?

^^ Trina Nishimura is in it, that's all you need to know.

"complete series: part one"

That is getting annoying, but it seems to be Funimation's standard practice now.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Military I guess?  Lots of people filling lots of different roles very well.

• edited 2012-08-09 01:33:17

Well, I'm officially a terrible anime fan person.

I just dropped like 3 shows I was watching because I didn't feel like putting in the effort to catch up with them.  I looked at all the anime I have on my hard drive, even tried watching a couple, but couldn't find anything I want to watch right now.  Then it hit me.  What I really want to do...

...is stream Queen's Blade on Crunchyroll.

I don't even like this show.  (Or streaming or 360p resolution, for that matter.)

It's really, really bad.  Not even entertainingly bad most of the time, just awful and mildly (sometimes not so mildly) offensive and creepy.  The only reason I even started watching it was to hear Aki Toyosaki's voice in it, but even then I quickly realized that she doesn't actually show up until like the third season.

And yet, this is what I want to be watching right now.

Well, I guess the only appropriate thing to do now is to commit seppuku, to take the shame away.

Why would you do that?

• Why would I watch Queen's Blade?

I don't know.

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

Seppuku is not the answer; it's a waste of a perfectly good sword, and you can atone for your sins by going on a pilgrimage in any case. With the sword, in fact, which can be used on, say, members of the team that produced Queen's Blade. 

That would include the cast which would mean a lot of female seiyuus would be dead.

• edited 2012-08-09 02:29:27

Somehow, out of all the stupid stuff that happens in this show, what bothers me the most are the scenes when a character's clothes will suddenly fall off and then they get all embarrassed... like five minutes after they were already standing in front of a bunch of people (often even the same people) naked feeling no shame whatsoever.

Anyway, I managed to finish the first season.  I think I wasn't really paying attention for most of it, but, well, I really don't want to watch it again and I can't imagine I missed anything anyway.  Well, hopefully I'll have the good sense to not continue watching this ever, but even if not I'll probably at least avoid watching more for... at least for now.

• the Shinji Ikari of the 21st Century.

what is everyone's problem with Shinji

• edited 2012-08-09 02:50:58

A lot of people don't like him just because he isn't "badass" enough (or at all, really).

Though I think vandro just meant that a character like that is ridiculously unsuited to play the role of a Lelouche-esque leader.

• edited 2012-08-09 03:47:28
    He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.

Ouma Shu was said by the head writers of Guilty Crown to be the Shinji Ikari of the 21st Century. He was made to be as pathetic and innefectual at making friendships and bonding with people in an effort to ape from Shinji, I guess. But in the end, he is just a badly written Beta MC.

Though I think vandro just meant that a character like that is ridiculously unsuited to play the role of a Lelouche-esque leader.

The funny thing is, the Lelouch-esque leader is another character who badass and cool and seemly unbeatable in tactical and strategic thinking and is really good at hand to hand combat. Then that guy dies gets himself killed pointlessly and unnecessarily at the end of the first half and it's up to our beloved Shu to fill in his shoes.

I'm so sick of "Girl in Marketing Look At Girl In Marketing Girl Girl Girl oh wait! The protagonist is a boy!"

This didn't bother me in Haruhi (Well, at first) or Aria but every other show nowadays is basically doing this (Toki to Towa, Medaka Box, Nyarlko, Kore Wa Zombie desu ka, Horizon and Every Genderflip Sengoku Era show).

• a little muffled

Haruhi has the excuse that it is (initially) about Haruhi even though Kyon is the protagonist. Dunno about any of those other shows.