If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• Everyone knows that Batman Brutality is the best Batman flick.

• Kichigai birthday!!

Lego Batman Cutscenes > The rest

t.Batman expert

• I'm a damn twisted person

Bah, let their be peace. I say we take comfort in watching 60s Batman and laughing. And being content in the knowledge that Adam West and the guy who played the Riddler managed to get kicked out of a Hollywood orgy, an event dedicated to ego and mindless hedonism and dumb jokes, by overplaying the Batman schtick.

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

Alex, where is that macro of somebody cutting their monitor with a sword because of something horrible they just read?

• I clench my fists and yell "anime" towards an uncaring, absent God, and swear solemnly to press my thumbs into Chocolate America's eyeballs until he is blinded, to directly emasculate sporting figures, to beat the shit out of tumblr users with baseball bats, and to quietly appreciate what Waylon Smithers being gay means to me.

Adam West and the guy who played the Riddler managed to get kicked out of a Hollywood orgy, an event dedicated to ego and mindless hedonism and dumb jokes, by overplaying the Batman schtick.

Apparently, corny one-liners were not what the club meant when they said there would be "tons of lines"

• No, the 60s Batman is unironically hilarious. In that bomb scene, for example, he keeps trying to dispose of the bomb but he runs into a baby in a stroller, a three-man band, a pair of nuns, and a family of ducks. He keeps running into them, over and over. If that's not funny then I don't know what is.

• You can change. You can.

some days you just can't get rid of a bomb

• I clench my fists and yell "anime" towards an uncaring, absent God, and swear solemnly to press my thumbs into Chocolate America's eyeballs until he is blinded, to directly emasculate sporting figures, to beat the shit out of tumblr users with baseball bats, and to quietly appreciate what Waylon Smithers being gay means to me.

Also, I'll be damned if the last third of Rises wasn't an extended reference to that scene.

• edited 2012-07-21 19:13:37

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

• Hey AllNines, you should head back into the MUMU Player. 

Got some Metal fer ya.

• Has friends besides tanks now

I'm in. Has Mumu been giving you guys any issues? There's no music in the queue.

• a little muffled

Aw, you guys aren't mumuing anymore?

• We are, but it's giving me issues because I made fun of Allegaeon

• a little muffled

Wait, what, I'm totally on there now and nobody else is in?

• edited 2012-07-21 22:26:01
    a little muffled

Oh I assumed the IJBM mumu.

Probably going to bed soon though.

• edited 2012-07-21 23:14:57

Might as well. That site is so glitchy.

• edited 2012-07-21 23:13:06
    Has friends besides tanks now

Probably NSFW, though, so I hope you don't mind if I tag it as such.

Well, it's sort of absurd, but better not to take the chance (assuming anyone even reads IJBM at work at 11 at night, lol).

. . . Actually, sorry 'bout that. It's tough to say. :(

As for my actual thoughts on it . . . no comment.

Relevant:

• Definitely not gay.

I descend further into my pit of loneliness and despair.

"uh, where do i hit it?"

"WHERE DO YOU THINK YOU HIT HER, MORON? HIT THAT BITCH IN THE EYE! JESUS, AM I THE ONLY ONE AROUND HERE THAT FUCKING THINKS ABOUT THESE THINGS?"

Just rewatched Batman Begins with my mom. 

It's a weak Batman movie but by now we all know Nolan's movies, while excellent, are not really good Batstories.

• edited 2012-07-22 01:45:15
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

Just watched A Clockwork Orange. I liked it, and in terms of filmmaking it's pretty amazing, but I'm not sure it was as deep story-wise as it seemed to think it was.

ehehehe "Clockwork"

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

On the subject of Batman movie quality, here's my tier.

The Dark Knight>Batman Begins>Mask of the Phantasm>Dark Knight Rises>60s Batman movie>Batman & Robin>Batman Forever>Castration with a rusty spoon>Batman>Batman Returns

• a little muffled

@Juan: I rewatched Begins with my dad last night, actually.

I'm in no position to judge how good a batstory it is, but it's certainly a good movie.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

I just went to watch TDKR.

It was actually a really good movie. I liked it a lot.

I'm hesitant to place it anywhere on my list until a second watching though.

• He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.

Why would Batman Begins be not a good batstory.

• edited 2012-07-22 19:01:56
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    The more I think about it, the more I realize how much I liked Bane as a villain. I can't really speak to how he compares to comics!Bane, but I thought Tom Hardy did an amazing job in selling it. Y'know, being physically intimidating without coming off as just a dumb meathead, and stuff. Liked his voice too, but i can see where some wouldn't. And he was just a lot of fun to watch.

Obviously not as god tier as Joker, but close-ish.

Spoiler:
    The way he went out like a punk at the end was kind of disappointing, but he had just lost his big rematch with Batman so I guess I can't be all that disappointed.

Why would Batman Begins be not a good batstory.

I just disagree with some of the stuff that Nolan does with Bruce as a character. See, to me, Batman's...moral and ethical rules are established with the night he kills his parents as well as his purpose in life. This means that from the very beginning, Batman does not kill or even considers it and he does not wield guns and despises them. Having a scene in the beginning where he means to kill Joe Chill with a weapon just feels...wrong when you have a character since the early 30s whose characterization in these two fronts has been consistent for at least 90% of that period.

There's also the stuff regarding Bruce having a love interest and the way Nolan plays Rachel Dawes. Mostly because, while Batman has had love interests (Silver St. Cloud, Vicki Vale, Jezebel Jet etc) the characters were always somewhat...distant from Batman. Dawes bugs me because she plays like your typical love interest character in a superhero movie and she's even "earned" by Bruce in the end, even if they don't proceed into a relationship, they kiss and she aknowledges that she loves him but that she wouldn't be with him because she understands that Bruce Wayne is "just a mask".

There's also the scene where he lets Ra's die. Of course, in the context of the comics, this is hardly that bad but the movie never claims that Ra's is immortal (Spoiler for 50 years old comic books. Sorry) but it feels wrong here for a million and a half reasons. Especially after the scene early on where we have Bruce sparing a criminal because his mercy is what sets him apart from criminals. 

A lot of this is, of course, me differing with an interpretation but I think these are some of the elements that make Batman, "Batman". Of course, Nolan's movies are not about Batman. They are about Gotham and the way it's affected by these people. 

Basically all I am saying is that Nolan's Bat-trilogy should have been Gotham Central. 

• >Fall in love for first time.

>>With best friend.

>Tell her.

>Have several long talks about it.

>She picks someone else.

I'm going to bed to cry and stuff, so I can start MANNING UP tomorrow.

• Also, as good a villain as Ledger's Joker was, TDKR just wouldn't have provoked as much of an emotional response as it did with Bane. The Joker was just fun to watch. To me it feels like the difference between TDKR and The Avengers, though obviously to a lesser extent.