If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• edited 2012-06-20 20:08:28
    Has friends besides tanks now

quick, alex, bust out a death metal riff so I can get into the mood for voodoo

i'd strike up a drum beat, but i'm not that fast, and I don't have drums

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

• edited 2012-06-20 20:22:33
    Has friends besides tanks now

Toehoes will do

OOGA BOOGA BOOGA

*cue screaming*

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    So...here's another example of the bad continuity in The Sopranos I've been talking about. In the episode I'm watching, there's an effort going on to make a character who's been around for a season and a half stop being unlikeable by hospitalizing one of his sons. Now normally I'd put that behind spoiler tags but I can't consider it a spoiler because te scene where the kid gets injured is the first indication that the character has kids. Which made the scene lose all impact because it gives no indication of who the hell the kid is.

This is not how you tell a story.
  • Has friends besides tanks now

Looks like I'll be working 2 to 9 tomorrow. Fun.

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

The episode's over.

Well...that extremely important out-of-nowhere subplot didn't get mentioned for the last two-thirds of the episode, and I very much doubt the show's going to bring it up again.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

That reminds me, I should finish this last episode of Gunbuster.

• a little muffled

Yes. Yes you should.

• edited 2012-06-20 21:40:21

So finally, James Rolfe put up another game-related video. Always good to hear him again, since he's just so personable. Though at this point, I think his Nerd schtick might have gotten stale to the point I prefer Board James. Still, I'm happy that he's living out his movie-making dreams, and it should turn out better than Fred The Movie by default.

• Has friends besides tanks now

^^^ Hey, if I could do it, so can you!

• edited 2012-06-20 22:10:53
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

If only there were a site that, like Youtube, had a ton of music uploads, but was dedicated to music uploads and also flew under the radar.

Well, I wouldn't know about it anyway.  If you do, don't post it publicly.

• He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.

Damn, a classmate got his laptop robbed in front of a bus, at the bus stop, and no one said anything.

• You can change. You can.

So you're saying you live in Latin America, then

Anyway, I watched Prometheus and I actually not sure how I feel about it. On the one hand, it's a very bad horror movie and a worse Alien sequel, drenched on its past self initial formula and blah blah blah.

But I think it's a somewhat legit sci-fi movie, really pretty and with great performances by Fassbender, Elba, Theron and Rapace. It's just that there are some things here and there that seem like awful creative choices (Why have Pearce play Weyland comes to mind?)

Overall, I only recommend it if you like pretty filmography and somewhat ruminating sci-fi sprinkled with tense set pieces.

so what i'm saying is, if you liked 2001, this is basically 2001 without the horrible feeling that you and/or kubrick are in a bad acid trip.

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.

(Why have Pearce play Weyland comes to mind?)

I heard that there were going to be scenes where Weyland would be younger or something, so instead of casting two different people they just put Pearce in makeup.  Then along the way the scenes with young Weyland got cut.

unless i'm misinterpreting your complaint, i haven't seen it yet

Yeah, that's exactly what I was thinking would happen and I mean, it seemed like a pretty obvious choice, right? Weyland would find a way to rejuvenate himself. 

But it didn't happen. I guess it was a way to mislead the audience? But the thing is, it still kills supsension of disbelief by virtue of realizing that's Pearce in there. 

So you're saying you live in Latin America, then

So much for sympathy there, matey, you sure live in Latin America.

It's more like empathy, really.

unless you are a psychic, I doubt it's empathy.

are you doubting my psychic powers

I trained my whole life to fight against psychics because I was born without those powers and dad had them and I felt an inadequate inheritor and my season was the weakest but I look the coolest because fuck it, I am a pirate.

• I'm a damn twisted person

But do you have a gender flipped evil twin of yourself? And are you bald yet?

Does the image of my avatar look bald to you?

• A mask is not the thing it hides.

A persona is not an identity.
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

On June 8, 2012, it was revealed that due to the success of the shorts, the series would be revived as Teen Titans Go! and air as part of the DC Nation block in 2013. The new series will be more comedic than the original.

malk, be my guinea pig and watch this for me when it comes out

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

Fine. Gawd, all these superhero shows I have to watch.

Magneto’s power set pretty much reads like “how do we fuck with science: The comic book”

• edited 2012-06-21 03:20:22
    If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Fine.

yaaaay

also, malk, come back on #yackfest when you're not busy with work. we have comic book stuff to talk about.

Iron Fist as a surfertrash weeaboo makes a bit too much sense though.

i just want you to know that this was the last thing you ever said on the channel and i most definetly would like to make it your epitaph if it's alright with you.

• I'm a damn twisted person

So which of us has to put on a wig and dress and start ending our sentences with tildes? Because it is the only way to get close enough to stab him and make this epitaph a reality~~!

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

can i volunteer