If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• You can change. You can.

well you actually enjoy doing that so why not

• There is love everywhere, I already know
  • Champion of the Whales

So there is a heatwave in the US?

Interesting.

Tbh, I think the British weather system is now so FUBARed that May/June seem to be monsoon season

• "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

So my newspaper says Serbian paleontologists discovered a unique find, five mammoth skeletons in one place. They claim they were well-treated and died by totally natural reasons, like, not gunshot or shit, man.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

> totally natural reasons

Okay, so it was a drug overdose.

• This makes me angry.

• Definitely not gay.

^Someone needs a kick in the nuts.

(Not addressed towards you, Mr W)

• Has friends besides tanks now

So, guys: drink a shitton of coffee before my lifeguard shift, y/n?

no

drink two shittons

Doesn't it make you pee a lot?

every liquid does that in large quantities

• edited 2012-06-21 12:41:55
    Has friends besides tanks now

That's what mom said, but hey, bathroom breaks are breaks and if they get me out of that infernal chair, they're good enough for me. It is actually really tough to stay awake in those conditions, but I don't want to make it that apparent that I'm getting sleepy by just walking around for no other reason.

EDIT: Man, I'm stupid, I should have grabbed an iced coffee. GRAAAAAAAAAAAAH! But hey, maybe a singed throat and tongue are what I need right now.

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.

killmekillmekillmekillmekillmekillmekillmekillmekillmekillmekillmekillme

• I'm a damn twisted person

whywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhy?

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.

mamemamemamemamemamemamemamemamemamemamemame

i have seen this goddamn musical

so many times

and if i have to see it again

i don't know i can't be held responsible for what i might do

Pretend to throw up and claim you're sick? That usually is a good enough excuse for playing hooky towards bullshit things you don't want to do. 

I've got an easy excuse in that I get frequent and terrible migraines, so if I really don't want to do something I can generally get out of it.

That helps in the short term, but I'm on the schedule for at least five more shows before Mame ends, and I can't wiggle out of all of them.  Also, I do need the money.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mame_(musical)

This is the thing you are talking about? If so, seriously, fuck that noise man.

• edited 2012-06-21 15:30:04
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.

Yup.  That's the one.

I miss City of Angels.

Does this have to do with you working at the Goodspeed Opera House?  I remember seeing brochures advertising it.

Yeah.   I usually have to stand in the back of the theater to make sure that people aren't taking pictures or leaning over the railings or what have you for the first act.  Sometimes the second act too.

it focuses on eccentric bohemian, Mame Dennis, whose famous motto is "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death."

I mean seriously, how are we supposed to give a shit about a character who shows an astounding lack of empathy for other folks and just wants to have fun because she is rich as all fuck? I mean even if she gets taken down a peg by the market crash, she still rebounds with a lot of money by marrying into it. It's like... gah what the christ people?

• edited 2012-06-21 15:38:22
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

How much are tickets?

Now I'm thinking of going there just to see if I can run into you.  Besides, my mom likes musicals.

• edited 2012-06-21 15:49:02
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.

@Alk: You're supposed to care because she loves Patrick and tries her best to parent him, but the trustee still sends him off to boarding school, and it's kind of ridiculous when the money stuff immediately goes away because she married a rich dude who immediately proceeds to fall off a mountain. 

She's such a Mary Sue too.  She goes down to Georgia to meet her husband's family, and they hate her, so they have a hunt and put her on a mad horse, and the implication is pretty much that they want her to fall off and die.  Then she somehow manages to catch the fox(??), and they proclaim that it's the first time anyone has ever not killed the fox in the history of the south(???), and suddenly they all love her and sing a song about how Mame is the best fucking thing since ever and made the South not suck anymore(????).

I mean, discounting the story the production itself is great, the musical numbers are mostly fun, and there's some funny bits, but after the twentieth time or so it starts to wear really thin.  I still think I liked My One and Only less, though.

Also, I started out thinking the kid was okay as far as kid actors go, but it seems like he's getting worse and worse with every show.

@Glenn: They go from something like 35 dollars up to 75ish dollars I think? The productions are always top-notch, even if the musical itself is eh.

• edited 2012-06-21 15:49:15
    smote

I mean seriously, how are we supposed to give a shit about a character who shows an astounding lack of empathy for other folks and just wants to have fun because she is rich as all fuck? I mean even if she gets taken down a peg by the market crash, she still rebounds with a lot of money by marrying into it. It's like... gah what the christ people?

Depressingly enough, when you put it like that it sounds like it speaks perfectly to a certain element of the American zeitgeist.

http://filmcrithulk.wordpress.com/2011/07/22/peggy-carter-why-captain-america-works/

oh god that conversation between hulk and cap at the end is just beautiful

• We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, For the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year

Film Critic Hulk is the greatest critic of our generation

okay not really, but I like his analyses

• Oh hey. People actually do name their daughters "Ramiel."

I can now not be the weirdo parent.

Ramiel and Barakiel, the thunder and lightning of God.

I'd actually argue that FCH is one of the best critics out there on the internet. Or at least, he's surprisingly insightful for someone who still freaks out about nachos. 

And his actual voice is surprisingly mellow when you hear the guy on a podcast.