If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• a little muffled

Maybe he wasn't in hulk form at the time.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

And then the daughter named Ramiel becomes a tabletop role-player who plays morningstar- and longspear-wielding (medium-size) characters in D&D 3.5.

Barachiel, on the other hand, goes on to become a special agent, who steals an enemy nation's stealth fighter and turns it against them in a war.

• edited 2012-06-21 20:32:44
    Has friends besides tanks now

Well, despite that being my longest shift ever, it wasn't actually terrible. I mean, I'd be lying if I said it felt shorter than most of my shifts, and I still made a fool out of myself many times in front of the current supervisor (in hindsight, I probably shouldn't have gone for a job that's pretty much entirely made of judgment calls). And I ended up absentmindedly picking at a toenail badly enough that I had to remove it during break. But, whatever, it's over now and I'm down to party. Somewhere.

Also, Infinity on High came in today! :D

(I'mma miss that toenail. Hopefully it grows back fast)

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    Man, Fall Out Boy is one of my biggest guilty pleasures. Stoppit.
  • edited 2012-06-21 20:34:28

Inifnity

What a shameful spellcheck.

But anyway, there shouldn't be such a thing as a musical guilty pleasure, but you've probably heard this already. Hey, I also have Behemoth and Necrophagist on my iPhone, so I doubt you've topped me in blasphemy. :P

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    i have the apostasy on my ipod

and some cannibal corpse
  • edited 2012-06-21 20:41:17

Oh, hey, I didn't know you actually like full-on death metal.

I had The Apostasy on my iPod for a while, actually, but I ended up not listening to it much, partly because some of the songs felt like abrupt slowdowns, after . . . well, the tracks they came after. It had some good shit, though. I think Demigod completely tops it, and that's a keeper, at least, but that's currently the only Behemoth album on there. But The Apostasy is still on my iTunes, so if I feel like putting it back on, I can.

I can't really get into Cannibal Corpse. But if you feel like sharing, hop over to my Extreme Metal Thread For The Coolest People Ever. And feel free to partake in any of the half dozen or so artists I posted yesterday. :D

EDIT: Maaaaan, I actually like Infinity on High much more than From Under The Cork Tree. This surprises me, because I already really like the latter.

It's definitely not my favorite type of music, but I do listen to it now and then.
  • Has friends besides tanks now

I don't think I even have a favorite type of music. Depends on what I wanna listen to. It's generally a fluctuation between extreme metal (which is then usually technical death metal) and alt rock or hardcore or whatever you call folks like Lostprophets and Fall Out Boy. I've lost my ability to like most metalcore since getting into extreme metal, though; as far as I'm concerned, it's (for the most part, I still like certain groups) Babby's First Taste of Extreme Metal, The Genre.

EDIT: Maaaaan, I actually like Infinity on High much more than From Under The Cork Tree. This surprises me, because I already really like the latter.

Really? Even though I like it a lot, Infinity On High is probably my least favorite of the three albums that I have.
    I don't think I even have a favorite type of music. Depends on what I wanna listen to.
    Yeah, same here.
  • edited 2012-06-21 20:55:35

So far, it's been easier to listen through, at the very least; there've been more songs that I think are really nice and catchy, and it's not all youth-pop-core-y -- there's been a bit more musical variety -- plus Stump's vocals improved a lot. I don't think I'll get Folie à Deux; I mean, I think I've only heard "I Don't Care", but it left me really unimpressed after stuff like "The Carpal Tunnel of Love" and "Nobody Puts Baby In The Corner".

I like Folie à Deux. :v
  • Crouched conga lines are painful for the knees.

• You can change. You can.

>Fall Out Boy

• I clench my fists and yell "anime" towards an uncaring, absent God, and swear solemnly to press my thumbs into Chocolate America's eyeballs until he is blinded, to directly emasculate sporting figures, to beat the shit out of tumblr users with baseball bats, and to quietly appreciate what Waylon Smithers being gay means to me.

Spoony is kind of going insane right at the moment over Twitter.

I don't have much of a vested interest in him, but I think that several people here are big TGWTG fans so you might wanna check that out. (Or don't, it's fairly upsetting.)

fuck everything to hell

my air conditioner is busted

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Go to your basement

there's nowhere comfortable to sit and there's old crap everywhere

• MrWMrW
    edited 2012-06-21 21:45:48
    ^^^^I'm morbidly curious.
  • I clench my fists and yell "anime" towards an uncaring, absent God, and swear solemnly to press my thumbs into Chocolate America's eyeballs until he is blinded, to directly emasculate sporting figures, to beat the shit out of tumblr users with baseball bats, and to quietly appreciate what Waylon Smithers being gay means to me.
  • One foot in front of the other, every day.

That's pretty sad. And I don't mean that in a condescending way. To break down like that semi-publicly, and from a position of reasonable internet fame, speaks of some pretty significant issues. 

• I'm a damn twisted person

Well now, look who's sunk to my level. Welcome to Thunderdome, kid.

I know this is by a real person going through a breakdown, but this line is just hilarious. 

So, from what I've seen, I'm guessing it went something like: he said something that was either misogynistic or interpreted as such, TGWTG suspended him, people started ragging on him, shit's hit the fan? Is there some video linked to this somewhere, or does it begin deeper within his account? I have to agree that this is really sad, though. I do wish he'd stop.

• ^ It was from a tweet he made. Here's Something Awful's thread on it, with the op having the tweet in question.

He really needs to get off twitter, and stop digging himself a deeper hole.

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

As far as I can tell, this is a bunch of stuff coming to a head. Something about his ex, some reactions to some of his comments and I suppose some other personal matters. Currently looking into it a bit, but I can't piece together much more than that. Probably a whole lot of bitterness hitting him at once. 

• edited 2012-06-21 22:40:09

^^ So my hunch was essentially right. He really needs help, but it'll probably take his brother's intervention for him to do anything but lash out at everyone.

• edited 2012-06-21 23:08:05

aaaaand with him having just made another rape joke, I get the feeling this won't end well at all. I mean, apparently the person it's directed at is actually a friend of his, but this whole thing speaks volumes about the help he needs

this is

kind of hard to watch.

so i'ma just ignore it and go back to playing the old republic.

Conversely, I had trouble pulling away. But I should probably get some sleep now.

ha

sleep