If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

"It gets better later on."

Comments

• edited 2011-10-09 20:36:57
    MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    Yeah, but one should not influence the other.

I direct you once again to my Potter example.

Give to God what is God's and to Ceaser what is Ceaser's.
  • It seems to me that since they're targeted towards the same demographic, They'll mostly have the same fans.

In which case watching either of them is up for debate.
  • What about the opposite: when negative word-of-mouth ends up making you enjoy something more, or at least provoke a reactionary feeling?
  • AHRAHR
    edited 2011-10-09 20:41:45
    I know the fandom is different than the show.

That doesn't mean I'm going to dislike TTGL for any other reason than the hype.

I haven't watched it, you see.

And I never will.

So, I dislike Kanon for the creepy eyes, Schlock Mercenary for the art, most 90s anime for the weird voice acting, and most 90s live action shows for the really bad showing quality.

And those are the only reasons I will ever dislike them, because I'm never going to watch them otherwise. Why would I? They're not my thing.

Long story short, I'd never watch it anyway, so the opinion I have is going to be formed from a smaller pool.

• edited 2011-10-09 20:41:31
    ^^They're the same thing really. Neither is really good, but I feel a lot more hesitant to criticize someone's reasons for liking a show than hating it.

^And I'm saying that's a dumb reason. The latter have to do with a show's production. Don't watch TTGL because you don't like super robot, don't watch because you find it sexist, don't watch because you hate the animation.

But the show isn't responsible for it's fans any more than Rowling is responsible for Draco/Harry tards.
  • Though most of the time for me, it's more like a desire to clear up misconceptions produced by the bad word-of-mouth. And if they still dislike it after understanding the truth, fine by me as long as it's not based on false information.
  • I never said I am not going to watch cause of the fans.

Just that I don't like it cause of the hype.

I'm not going to watch it because it looks fucking stupid.
  • edited 2011-10-09 20:44:32
    ^^well, also while the antagonism to like something isn't really good, it can actually result in the viewer gaining something. However abstinence due to dumb reason only gains you bad logic.

^And I'm saying not liking it because of the hype is dumb.
  • AHRAHR
    edited 2011-10-09 20:47:57
    Eh. Whatevs. Not gonna watch it anyway. No more stupid than not liking Kanon for the eyes. Or Dresden Codak because it has the exact same type of humor as a guy who I disliked (although I still read that one).
  • MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    I've never once stated that you were obligated to watch it. My issue is your poor reasoning.
  • AHRAHR
    edited 2011-10-09 20:49:09
    I'm never going to watch it because it looks stupid.

Whether I retroactively add flaws to it afterwards is not your place to criticize.

They are my tastes.

Not yours.

When we debate about the quality of TTGL, you may request that the fandom is not brought into it.
  • Actually, Not liking something that doesn't clique for you is a good reason, if the Eyes are standing out to you, then the product itself is failing to deliver something.
    Whether I retroactively add flaws to it afterwards is not your place to criticize.

• AHRAHR
    edited 2011-10-09 20:52:21
    CC: See, I don't know about that. Art Style is a huge...iffy...crap thing. Like I said with One Piece. It's all super ultra subjective, and it's actually highly easy to adapt to. Although, justify the Dresden Codak one, now.
  • edited 2011-10-09 20:55:50
    Belief
    You disliked the style of humor your friend had, and thus disliked the series for having the same style of humor?
  • AHRAHR
    edited 2011-10-09 20:56:48
    Full explanation: 

See, no, I disliked the friend. The sense of humor of DC, by itself, is fine. It was the added personal experience that ruined it for me.
  • Isn't it better just to give it the benefit of the doubt rather than make any judgments about a work you've never seen? (unless it's Atlas Shrugged; trust me, it was worse than I expected)
  • What's the difference between One Piece and TTGL?

TTGL is good.
  • $80+ per session
    To clarify, I think Homestuck is a fine thing. All the hype was bugging me so I decided to read it. For 3 acts, in fact. Then the hype and fandom started bugging me even more. People all over be wouldn't shut up with the images, and the jokes, and references, and the OMG NEW UPDATE. I recognize that Homestuck is probably a good series, so it's natural that it has so many fans, but on principal alone, I can never ever enjoy it.
  • edited 2011-10-09 20:59:07
    Noimporta:

• AW: You know, every time you make an exception for Atlas Shrugged, I can't tell if you're joking or not.
  • Has friends besides tanks now
    "What's the difference between One Piece and TTGL?

TTGL is good."

comeatmebro.jpg
  • @AHR: How is the "Style of humor" fine on it's own if you can't separate it from your dislike of that one person?

Why do you dislike the person in the first place?
  • AHRAHR
    edited 2011-10-09 21:07:37
    Arrogance. He was...he was a kid at my school. He recited one of those strips about 10-15 times out of context through out the school year.

He was a douche bag overall.

He also tried to get me to watch TTGL. Heh. I had forgotten about that...

Anywho, after hearing the same strip quoted ten times out of context, it becomes much less funny/enjoyable in context.

And so when the style replicated itself, it was much less funny than it really should have been.

--shudders--
  • People are going to yell at me for this but eh

"TTGL is the best thing ever. It is so amazing. It is so awesome"

That's because TTGL is the objectively greatest TV Show ever.

Nothing will convince me otherwise. NOTHING. TTGL brough me out of self-hate. It showed me the light.

My soul was refreshed from its glory. ITS GLORY

/half-joking, half-serious
  • Didn't you say the same thing about Negima?
    ^^TTGL is the anime equivalent of Othello!
  • No.

Negima didn't make me cry tears of joy from sheer awesomeness. It got close.

But TTGL is more. MORE I SAY
  • Hmm, I think I understand that...

You're saying that most of it was already spoiled for you then?
  • AHRAHR
    edited 2011-10-09 21:14:46
    CC:Yeah. Same thing with TTGL. I already know CHARACTER dies and doesn't come back, and by the end of the series, the robots are reaching universe epic level proportions.

He wasn't quoting TTGL, just gushing.