If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

I want to join Something Awful now

Comments

• edited 2011-08-15 09:39:08
    You can change. You can.
    I read about it yesterday while I was on the IRC and someone told me that Myr and Scrye were fighting over SA and then I saw the whole AHR/Scrye discussion.

I personally didn't care that much because the thread has been losing its appeal to me and I didn't read it until I kinda forced myself to it, so...um...yeah.
  • edited 2011-08-15 10:05:40
    If anything, this over-reaction was probably more to do with some of my own frustrations as of late, which is not fair to you all, and it's certainly not fair to AHR to bring her in the middle of it.

I was wrong, and I'm sorry once again. I expect better of myself.
  • You can change. You can.
    No worries Elbeem. 

I still demand an answer on those IRC channels. 

SHLAPINTOGAN, GET IN HERE.
  • So, was most of the "Attacking AHR'S work" On IRC? or later on, cause I'm at 158, and all I saw was about 2-5 posts worth of exchanges.
    2-5 posts at SA is equivalent to...um...10 IJBM posts.
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    @Cygan: I'm also in the "never joining SA" boat, FWIW.
  • So that's you, Bobby G, Cygan, and probably Juan.
    Yup, I ain't joining for many reasons, such as "I'm not interested", "paying ten bucks for a meh forum is dumb" and "They have IRC channels, and I don't think they mind me joining as long as I don't stir up shit on those. Same way that Guitar Bizarre is still allowed in #tropers even though he was banned from the site good and proper"

That is all for now. Expect another transmission explaining why I think this is just a dumb fad on the same levels of an avatar theme tomorrow. 
  • Count me in (out?).
  • edited 2011-08-15 13:32:30
    I don't know why you guys seriously considered joining in the first place. Also, what about AHR?
  • When in Turkey, ROCK THE FUCK OUT
    Because they wanted to...?
  • edited 2011-08-15 13:41:26
    I stand on Grendel's shoulders
    Alright, so what happened was somebody in the SA thread linked to AHR's story and criticized it.

Apparently this led to AHR taking down the entire story. I don't know much else.

^^ Because aside from all the mocking that goes on (which happens on like every other forum anyway), SA is a genuinely decent forum?
  • edited 2011-08-15 13:48:59
    I noticed.

That's also Malkavian quoting me, and not Malkavian's quote.

I don't see what's exceptionally dumb about what I said. I realize that macros are unfunny and that's likely part of why they're banned, but the fact remains that if they just let people post macros they'd be flooded with spam and stupid low-content posts.
  • Inside, too dark to read
    I say there's always hope while Bobby's a mod.
    Awwww, I'm a bellend. Charming and lovely. 

I honestly don't understand what's so wrong about not being interested in paying ten bucks for a forum, let alone a forum that really doesn't hold my interest. Sure, there're interesting posters who I'd say it'd be interesting to talk to, but the overall environment, place, topics, etc etc don't really call my attention at alll.

Also, I can lurk GWS and get your recipees. I don't need much else from you guys anyway. :p
  • No, shitebrains, it's because they're unfunny, played-out

• Has friends besides tanks now
    "I don't know why you guys seriously considered joining in the first place"

Because there's more to do there than here, and because they're mostly a good group? And because ten bucks is not that big of a deal (I'll upgrade to Platinum once I'm making my own money).
    The thing is, not many of us can put out the money that easily, yannow?

Not to mention that while it is not easy to make a transaction from Colombia/Venezuela/whathaveyou to America without at least two bank visits.

And honestly, all those problems for...what, exactly? What am I getting for my bucks? Lurking is better. I get to see the interesting goons I like reading and don't have to deal with the assholes. 

as someone else put it succintly long ago, "Forums start to degrade the moment you register"
  • edited 2011-08-15 13:53:56
    Kichigai birthday!!
    Hey guys look at me I'm so mad you have to be mad always to be part of this forum  oh also

• ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    I would join if I had the attention span and familiarity with the site. I'm still searching for threads on there that are interesting, and erasing the word filter would be nice, while also dropping lines in the Let's Plays and Food threads that interest me.
  • When in Turkey, ROCK THE FUCK OUT
    The thing is, not many of us can put out the money that easily, yannow?

Is ten bucks really that much money?
  • edited 2011-08-15 13:57:14
    I recommend the Ask A Tattooist Thread, it's full of very interesting information.

^ Some of us are also cheapskates. I'm extremely conservative of my money and won't buy something unless I'm convinced it's worth what I'm paying.

I think SA is worth the 10 bucks, but I'll have to wait until I have a method of paying online.
  • And nohay turned it racist. Nice.
  • edited 2011-08-15 13:57:42
    Kerbtree is trying way too hard.
  • edited 2011-08-15 14:00:25
    Oh dear, can you just count the stereotypes?

EDIT: Okay, seriously, is there a way to change my edit box to the HTML editor by default? I don't do WYSIWYG and little buttons and shit.
  • Glorious, you realized Juan was making a point about Region, not amount (even thought ten bucks is pretty huge to join a forum, you can just buy a steam game for the same price).
  • I stand on Grendel's shoulders
    Shit, there's people into loli even on IJBM?

Please keep that shit to yourself, guys.