If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

I want to join Something Awful now

Comments

• ...How does he make the bucket of chicken float like that?

(I'm going to regret asking this, I know)
  • edited 2011-08-15 14:03:02
    ^^ Two of them got banned and the other one knows how to not talk about it.
  • edited 2011-08-15 14:10:08
    When in Turkey, ROCK THE FUCK OUT
    Alright, I suppose. I could get into an argument of the price of worth of a game vs. forums, but seeing as how I don't much feel like joining SA at the moment (I've got other IRL stuff that's more important), it would just make me look like a hypocrite. So I'll shut up on the issue of joining now. 

• edited 2011-08-15 14:04:31
    He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.
    The problem is not that it is much money, Juan_Carlos lives in Latin Land, you know?

Super Ninja for slow.
  • edited 2011-08-15 14:15:02
    I stand on Grendel's shoulders
    Radd: That's good to know.

Also good to know that the questionable image on page 7 wasn't linked "unironically" and just as an example of a disturbing manga, and was removed.

EDIT: Page 8. Unfunny edit of image. Wipe?
  • edited 2011-08-15 14:29:50
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    > ^^ Because aside from all the mocking that goes on (which happens on
    like every other forum anyway), SA is a genuinely decent forum?

I see things like the link posted in the comment beneath yours, and read the text linked to, and decide that that's not the case.  And it's not about the language; it's about the attitude of smugness and "I'm better than you ignorant doofus noob".

The people might be decent people elsewhere, but that doesn't mean I'd enjoy hanging out with them there.

That said, I admit there are pretty awesome threads elsewhere--people have mentioned a MtG thread before, and another thread that someone linked to has quite useful and meaningful posts about the tattooing business.  They're just not enough to convince me to part with ten dollars, which I could far more usefully spend buying Metroid Fusion from a Gamestop, donating to a political candidate of my choice, or picking up a useful music score published by Dover.

Also, image macros are funny in small doses.  For those who prefer big doses, we have a shitposting category.
  • Electric Boogaloo
    I'm not saying that anyone needed to defend the work itself, as I had
    not read it either. I'm just saying that I expected some amount of
    support for AHR here, since AHR has been an active member of this
    community.

This is the first I've heard of it.
  • I stand on Grendel's shoulders
    They're tolerable in small doses, and some may even find them funny.
  • edited 2011-08-15 14:33:59
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    I find them quite amusing.  Then again, I have quite a taste for silly humor, as demonstrated by my taste for  YouTube Poop.

That said, as a moderator I have also told people to stop doing it in excess.
  • Honestly, I wish I could become a moderator here.
  • Has friends besides tanks now
    "Shit, there's people into loli even on IJBM?

Please keep that shit to yourself, guys."

For the record, at this point, I wouldn't mind banning certain topics, as well as issuing instabans for anyone posting like evilneko did from here on out.

And heck, I think even the one that's not banned (DYRE) could benefit from some professional help.
  • edited 2011-08-15 15:44:32
    I stand on Grendel's shoulders
    I can't wait for GWS to go behind the veil.

We can wait, Juan_Carlos, if you want delicious recipes for bacon cake you'll have to pay
    eventually.

E: Also let's play should be veiled too.

You know, if it hadn't been for the tattoo threads being out in the open, I probably would not have decided that SA was worth the 10 USD.

Just sayin'.
    Yeah, I wish I could become a moderator on TV Tropes too. I would be a mod on IJBM, but I don't spend as much time here (though that may soon change).
  • I don't. I'd be a terrible mod.
    Trouble is, I don't hang out in OTC, which means most of the stuff I'm supposed to moderate and get rid of would go unnoticed.

Hmm.
  • When in Turkey, ROCK THE FUCK OUT
    If you don't go in OTC, never go in OTC. You'll probably leave immediately.
  • If I was a mod, I'd wait for the other mods to be asleep, then immediately lock all of the OTC threads.
    I look at the forum occasionally, but I never see threads that interest me so I just leave.
  • I meant mod here, I honestly don't think being a mod TvT is very beneficial for them or myself.
  • I don't have anything to hate here, though.
  • You can change. You can.
    I want to be a moderator here. Dunno why, but I'd really like to help this place.

--shrug--

Also, I agree with GMH word for word. There's really no point in me doing such a transaction and wasting all that time (Around two weeks, tops, due to bank problems around the area)

The only way I'd join is if for every letter I read from SA, I'd get an orgasm. And I mean, a full blown, jizz-in-my-pants orgasm

As of this reading, it hasn't happened. 
  • When in Turkey, ROCK THE FUCK OUT
    Wait, it hasn't?
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    > bacon cake

> bacon
    Good stuff.
    > cake
    Good stuff.
    > bacon cake
    You're doing it wrong.

> let's play should be veiled too

That reminds me, that's one of the bigger reasons I dislike SA.  So some people on SA came up with this really cool idea of presenting a game with audio commentary along with footage of themselves playing the game.  Awesome!...except they look down upon everyone else who isn't a goon who does LPs, as far as I can tell.  Individual SA LPers may differ on this, but that's the sense I've gotten from the LPing community as a whole.  One notable example of this: There's a page somewhere that lists every LP and as far as I know, when I last checked, they don't include LPs by people outside of their site.  Do please correct me if I'm wrong.

That said, I don't really care to read their LP threads; I just watch the videos, so a veil wouldn't affect me one bit.
  • ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    The first thing anyone is going to do the moment they become mods is ban people they don't like. Always happens, and that's not how a moderator works.
  • edited 2011-08-15 17:33:25
    Mods rarely have the authority to unilaterally ban people (particularly new mods, particularly without a reason), so no.
  • edited 2011-08-15 17:33:55
    Has friends besides tanks now
    ^^Pardon?
    Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeah, listening to vorpy and answering to her is pretty dumb.
  • Hey, I can't be the one to say Vorpys Gonna Vorp every time.
    But...

Nomportas gonna...ermm...nom?
  • ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    Noi's gonna Port.