If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

I want to join Something Awful now

Comments

• You can change. You can.
    Question for the guys at SA: what is your policy on any stranger joining an IRC channel? Such as your Magic the Gathering one?
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Has this thread become some sort of magic portal?
  • Glaives are better.
    It's like Narnia, but belligerent and autistic.
  • Woki mit deim Popo.
    Won't that take you into Chris Chan's mind?
  • That would be truly the most horrifying thing ever.

and it's all about him at the end.

blugh
  • Is this the place for linking to the TRS thread about Troper Tales?
  • @Ivy: I would like a link.
  • what tyhe fuck is going on in this thread?
    The moment where we either make history or fail and keep TT.

/Attempt at making this shit epic.

But seriously, if you're going to post there, I beg of all of you to try and not link to SA. We're trying to amke these argument about our community and what we think about TT continuous existence rather than the whole reputation angle. I know many think this is important, but it won't get you what you want.
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    @ Tnu: Just frickin' read the thread.
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    But seriously, if you're going to post there, I beg of all of you to try and not link to SA. We're trying to amke these argument about our community and what we think about TT continuous existence rather than the whole reputation angle. I know many think this is important, but it won't get you what you want.
    Very good point. While what the rest of the internet thinks probably bears consideration, if this many tropers are pissed off by its existence, something is horribly wrong.
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    Yeah, I think that one mention of SA might just make the mods shut down and torpedo the whole thing.
  • ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    I don't get what Juan just said.
  • @Vorpy: He's saying that Tropers should be the main force behind changing the wiki, not off-site forum users.
  • Woki mit deim Popo.
    Very good point. While what the rest of the internet thinks probably bears consideration, if this manytropers are pissed off by its existence, something is horribly wrong.

I think it's a bit too late for that since there's other places like stardestroyer.net that bring up the some same criticisms as SA.
  • edited 2011-08-07 21:57:04
    You can change. You can.
    I don't get what Juan just said.

It boils down to this: If you're going to post there and want to nuke TT, you need to accept that the reputation angle won't work. 

^then we don't link to those. We need to keep this in-site. It's the only way for this to work.
  • edited 2011-08-07 21:58:53
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    @Tnu1138: I don't know either.
  • Playing the "Hurts the reputation angle" is just not enough either.

and honestly, TT is just bad enough on it's own that it needs to be put out of it's misery.
  • Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!
    That's why I going with the arguments that nigh-impossible to moderate and unnecessary to the wiki's mission as a whole. Essentially, being too much trouble to be worth it.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    ...why do I find myself in the position of arguing for the continued (though offsite) existence of Troper Tales?

...oh right, it's because I just got airdropped into that thread.
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    Throwing in my support as well.
    is it just me or TvT is crashing a lot today?
    It is for me too.
  • ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    It's crashing a lot today.
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    Yep.
  • It hasn't crashed at all for me. ~shrug~
  • Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!
    It always fails to load once then works once I refresh for anything I do.

But only on the forums.
    Blugh, I'll have to disable quick reply to post. Fucking hate doing that.