If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

The Mario is going to be renamed.

edited 2011-08-03 20:42:08 in Webspace
If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
Except not, because some stupid amount, like 40 people, voted against it, so now we can't get a decent majority.

I do not think I meant to actually post this thread... Oh well...

Comments

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    Dammit, Cygan, don't get my hopes up like that. Not cool.
  • You can change. You can.
    Well, now we know. Maybe I can help the thread and boost some voting arguing or something?

Or is it too late?
  • edited 2011-08-03 20:42:58
    If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    I'm hoping it will inspire everyone to go and vote to rename it >:|

^ Definitely not too late.
    I already voted; I can't again.
  • The Mario is a bad name?
    ^It uses probably the least-known trait of the character.
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    Without reading the trope description, what would you think it means?
  • edited 2011-08-03 20:45:23
    Belief
    Would live presentation to vote button.

I thought this thread was about Nintendo renaming Mario ;_;

But I am in favor of the trope rename.
  • I already know >_>
  • Mario is known for far more than balanced stats. Like being the freaking face of the world's best-selling video game franchise.
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    Asking y brother what he thought it meant, he said he thought it would mean someone who uses Jump Attacks.

It's a unintuitive name, and it's very hard to search for as you're likely to pull up six hundred pages devoted to Mario before you get to the page.
  • Fair enough. It's just not a trope I thought would have a devoted name-change following.
  • edited 2011-08-03 20:49:02
    It isn't quite as bad as Luigification (now Divergent Character Evolution).
  • I voted for a name change on this one, and am disappointed that it and The Libby have been voted down so soundly as it reinforces the notion that the new push for naming clarity is only going to be applied to Japanese titles.
    It's unintuitive, and kind of stupid.

It's been brought up multiple times for rename, and every time it's been vetoed, even though it's a bad name.

It's gone up from 1.35:1 in favor to 1.4:1 in favor since you posted this...that's something.
  • AHRAHR
    edited 2011-08-03 20:52:09
    I like The Libby as a name, it seems catchier >_>

But here, I'll spare a vote for a Mario change.
  • ... I may be silly for asking this, but how do I vote again >_>
    hehehe
    CC: You click the little up arrow.
  • I'm voting against it solely because I'm too lazy to learn the new name.
    what
  • When in Turkey, ROCK THE FUCK OUT
    o, u
  • I'm not really seeing any arrows :/
    At the bottom of the thread, click on "Show/hide options" to display the option. There are up and down arrows to the right of the single option.
  • Referral denied.

I guess I don't have the option to vote on things.
  • http://imageshack.us/g/820/mario1yd.jpg/

Just take a look, I really don't have those arrows btw

No, just click the URL and press enter.