If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

The Mario is going to be renamed.

Comments

• When in Turkey, ROCK THE FUCK OUT
    Can I update the crowner with the Grandfather Clause stuff?
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    Ehhh...I'd maybe PM Bobby G first to make sure it's okay.
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    Anyway, I have to go shopping now. Maybe that will point out why this is a bad name and yet has so many inbounds.
  • If the Issue is still present in a few days, I'll be able to vote for it
  • edited 2011-08-04 23:02:39
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    Couldn't you use your old account? The poll's closing on the 7th.
  • I'll work something out
  • edited 2011-08-04 23:17:04
    CRIMINAL SCUM!
    Thumped.
    NO.

If I find out anyone's organizing ballot-stuffing here, I'll consider that exporting a war. That person will be banned, and if the other mods can't talk me out of it, permabanned.
  • Has friends besides tanks now
    And I'll support him on that, for the record. /missed this while watching K-On!!
  • O_o.

What just happened?
  • Dude it was a fuckin joke. Christ.

• ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    It's not that they are stupid, they just don't like the fact that a Mario-based trope is being redone or renamed and the Mario Army is fighting against it, even if their cause is completely wrong and hasn't provided any REAL reasons why it shouldn't be renamed.
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    There. Let's see their counter-argument to that.
  • edited 2011-08-05 03:56:02
    Belief
    It's getting frustrating watching the complaining from the people who want to keep the name.

And I'm not even participating in the conversation >_<

You did a good job Cygan ~hug~
  • edited 2011-08-05 03:56:40
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    ^^^Its not the Mario army. It's the same people who show up whenever a change is proposed.
    -hug- ^_^
    Cyan, that last bit in your most recent post is a bit hostile-sounding. Don't give him a reason to flag your post.
  • edited 2011-08-05 04:10:49
    Belief
    I will just repost me first post I posted in this thread here.

"I thought this thread was about Nintendo renaming Mario"

Honestly, I hit the random button five times and this what I got.

Corrupt Hick. Visions of Another Self. Stone Wall. Powerup Mount. Youngest Child Wins.

Even w/e reading those articles, you can infer something from them.

The Mario as "Balanced Character" is very context sensitive.
    Cyan, that last bit in your most recent post is a bit hostile-sounding. Don't give him a reason to flag your post.

But it's completely true... Anyway, if he does flag it, not only will Bobby look over it (and probably warn me), then he's pretty much proved that he doesn't actually care.
  • He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.
    Voted up
  • What are the reasons against renaming it, I can't actually tell.
    Lack of misuse, apparently, despite the fact that misuse has been shown.
  • So, people are deliberately ignoring evidence that the name is being misused?
    Yep.

There's a reason why I usually stick to Image Pickin'.
    No, apparently it's the wrong kind of misuse.
  • Hey Guys

I'm looking at this page.
  • edited 2011-08-05 04:32:20
    Belief
    This one

Reasons to propose a rename

If a name is not working, it may be suffering from one or more of
    the following problems. These are guesses about why the name is not
    working, not rules that have to be followed:
    • Incoherent: The name Spoon Speaker, for example, literally had nothing to do with the trope it once described. This can be a particular problem with snowclones.
      Too often the cleverness of a snowclone can obscure the fact that a
      name doesn't quite fit, at least for the specific trope described.
    • Work Dependent: The Corps Is Mother makes no sense to anyone who isn't a Babylon 5
      fan, for example. In particularly extreme cases, even fans of the
      source material may be mystified. Consider 'Sasami Syndrome' (Fan Preferred Couple) and 'Jean Grey Escalation' (Never Live It Down), two names that were dependent on knowing the source work.
    • Character-Named: No character is so iconic
      that everyone will instantly recognize what it means to be, for example,
      'The John Smith'. For people who aren't familiar with the character, all
      characters might as well be named John Smith. In addition, most
      characters are not known for a single aspect; for example, even assuming
      you know who Mario is, a trope called The Mario could mean a well-rounded character, a plumber with a mustache, or the older brother who overshadows his younger sibling.

Wait a mINUTE

WAHT??!?!?

LOL
    It even mentions this trope...
  • edited 2011-08-05 04:40:04
    Belief
    Seriously, I was just copy-pasting, I didn't even read that it mentioned BY NAME, the trope.

How does that even work though, The official guideline is basically laughing at itself?

Now I'm even more confraggled.

I went to the Wiki-rules for the site to try and learn about why Renames happen, so I could actually participate int the conversation.

• You can change. You can.
    Grandfather Clause.

How lovely.