If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

The Mario is going to be renamed.

Comments

• edited 2011-08-03 21:07:43
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

Maybe post on Wiki Talk asking about it?

And Cygan's link was just to a picture.
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    huh

why not O_o
  • CC is using her new account, smiling cloud.

No voting privileges.
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    Oh. Okay, yeah, accounts under a week old can't vote.
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    Ohhh.

Okay.
  • But I'm over 18 T_T

I pay my taxes!
  • You can change. You can.
    Ah, so that's the account that is shooting me those unnecessary PMs...
  • >_>, Of course not.
    Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

Anyway, on to business...

My vote has been casted. Your rename has been assured. I demand a forum for my services. 
  • I guess a message to the effect of "you can't vote because your account is too new" would be too much to ask, eh?
  • edited 2011-08-03 21:27:55
    Poot dispenser here
    I voted for rename without fully reading the thread, but I'm kinda excused since I was around during that "The growing problem of inscrutable titles and text" thread where it was brought up repeatedly.
  • ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    Suggested rename:

The Man of the Standard
  • MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    We already have a term for this:

"The Happy Medium"

I kind of like The Mario, but I can see how it can be confusing. Same with Spikeification.
    Jack of all Stats.
    ^Oooh, I like that one.
  • That is a good name @Cygan,

Suggest it.
  • Why not just The All-Rounder?
    Because Round.
  • Voted for.

Hey, if Nakama could get renamed, this can too.
    18+
  • Funny thing is, I think almost nothing should be renamed as I find nothing wrong with the current names, then you people point out precisely how inaccurate it was and I go oh shit why didn't I think of that?
    The Mario got renamed?

RUNED FOREVAAAAAR
    Suggest it.

It's already a redirect.
    I actually kind of liked back when shit had weird names because I'd be all 'what the fuck's that' and click it and go 'oh that's kind of clever.'

Now the wiki has pretensions to be a learning device or whatever.
    I hated that. It crashed my browser and I often forgotten at least 3-5 tropes I opened because the names kept eluding me.

I on't think the wiki wants to be a learning device. It's just that it always had those rules and they're finally enforcing them. Only reason we kept them was because it was a pretty niche site. A buffy fan site, practically. When you bring more people into it, more people don't get the names, and people dislike being confused. So...clamor for change.
  • @Malk: Appealing to more people is so horrible.

Tvtropes is selling out, ruined forever.
  • edited 2011-08-04 03:06:01
    MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    I get why it was changed, but I guess the inherent obscure nerdiness of it appealed to me. The day that it was a niche site and not some big controversial internet... argument... thing.

^Never said that.
    It is only controversial if you read the left side of the wiki and/or SA.

Otherwise, it's just a wiki. And you don't need to care about that stuff. 
    Walls of text

Does this post seem fair to you?