If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

PTA

Comments

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

I don't think Greg was paying enough attention to them for him to pick up on them.

• No rainbow star
    And my comment about how Snow didn't even see the fight?
  • edited 2012-02-13 19:00:56
    Has friends besides tanks now

That Kick would have done 22 damage if Parasect didn't have 11 Defence there.

Huh. Crit, then? I was wondering why it did as much damage as a super-effective Ember. Also, sweet, level up time.

. . . Wait, holy crap, Mercer only had 1975 XP to begin with. So, 4615 . . . he's level 16. Sweet! Mercer has an attack move now (Night Shade)!

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Cygan, Snow didn't get to participate at all. Snow and Charles didn't even get to see the fight

EXP is divided amongst your Pokemon, I believe, not just the ones who participate in the fight. A way to level up the weaker ones in your party.

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

Okay because I am totally smart like that I forgot to record Phillip's accrued Exp. Does he level up?

• No rainbow star
    Alright then

Guess Charles will have to get used to keeping Pokemon in balls then (I really see him as the type to leave out even a Charizard in a daycare center)

Huh. Crit, then? I was wondering why it did as much damage as a super-effective Ember. Also, sweet, level up time.

A Kick does 1d10+15+STR damage, as I'm ruling it. Phillip's Ember, meanwhile, does 2d6+SP.ATK, which is 7. So that's 1d10+15+3, or a minimum of 19 and a max of 28, compared to 2d6+7, which is a minimum of 13 and a max of 19. With a Defence on both ends of 11...

• No rainbow star
    ...Cygan, Charles will need a trainer fight or something. His Pokemon are already behind of everybody elses due to that whole Darkrai incident
  • Has friends besides tanks now

A Kick does 1d10+15+STR damage, as I'm ruling it.

Huh. Okay. So, when I take the next level of Fist proficiency, will that damage increase again?

Okay because I am totally smart like that I forgot to record Phillip's accrued Exp. Does he level up?

He... should do. Assuming he's Level 14 with minimum EXP, that's 2745 EXP. 1320 EXP more brings that to 4065,  which would bring him to Level 15 and almost Level 16.

I don't know what Level he was, though.

He was level 7. o_O

...Cygan, Charles will need a trainer fight or something. His Pokemon are already behind of everybody elses due to that whole Darkrai incident

Not significantly so.

Huh. Okay. So, when I take the next level of Fist proficiency, will that damage increase again?

It increases to 2d12+21+STR, but you need a minimum STR of 19, so that would deal a minimum of 27 damage and a max of 49, assuming your Strength is exactly 19.

• edited 2012-02-13 19:07:44

He should have been higher than 7, at least, to account for the previous battle. Since you've had Castle for a little while, he's probably not as high-leveled as Mercer, but he shold be level 9 or 10 or something, I'd think.

For what it's worth, you're an Ace Trainer now, so your Pokemon get extra EXP anyway.

• edited 2012-02-13 19:07:23
    No rainbow star
    Seriously. I don't think I can even take on a gym leader yet, and everybody else can

Edit: Really? I thought his Pokemon were 3-4 levels behind
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

How was he level 7? That shouldn't be possible. Did you not do XP from the battles before this?

He was level 7. o_O

I... don't think Phillip was. No, because he would have gone up to Level 7 during the fight with Brandon at least, and there was the fight with the Spinarak in the meantime, and the fight where Icalasari caught Dynamo.

Seriously. I don't think I can even take on a gym leader yet, and everybody else can

You could take out a low-leveled team of a Gym Leader, but that's it. But then, a couple of levels does not make a significant statistical advantage here.

• edited 2012-02-13 19:10:45

With one Pokemon? And a frail one? Level 16 or not, I don't think I'm ready to face a gym leader yet, and I dunno about the others.

Anywho, I'll level up Mercer now. Depending on how Night Shade works, compared to the games, I may actually boost Special Attack this time.

EDIT: Nope, doesn't apply Special Attack. So it looks like I'm bringing Speed up to 20! Maybe. >.>

• No rainbow star
    Oh, I hope I'll get time to train for a fight with Misty (then take her on) after dealing with Mt Moon and the incident in Cerulean
  • edited 2012-02-13 19:11:47
    MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

^^^^Ray wasn't involved in the fight with the Spinarak, I'm pretty sure. 

I mean, I could be wrong and I'll gladly jump to level 16. It just seems off to me.

• edited 2012-02-13 19:13:35

You weren't posting much during at least one of them, but he was there.

EDIT: Considering that Mercer's Special Attack stat won't be of any use until after he levels up, I'm putting those 4 points to Speed, since points are redistributed upon level up anyway! Whoo, +2 evasion!

Dynamo, being an Electric-type, would wipe Misty out on his own. Only INUH has the same advantage.

Also, I think Brandon is getting close to Level 20. He's a bit higher in level than Mercer, although he sat out the fight with the Spinarak.

And as you can tell, he's got a damned high Attack. He's only a couple levels of learning Seismic Toss, too.

Urgh. Okay, yeah this is my fault, but tell me Cygan. Should Phillip just jump to lvl 16?

Brandon's that close? I guess that's not surprising.

• No rainbow star
    Sure Dynamo can sweep Misty... Until he faces Starmie. That thing is evil >.>

Yeah, sure, just let him jump to Level 16. Put his EXP value at the absolute minimum for his level.

Don't forget Castle also levels.

Everest: He did start at Level 12, don't forget, and he gets the full EXP value for every fight he's in.

• edited 2012-02-13 19:17:54
    MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

Ray would be mauled by Misty. His best pokemon is fire. >_<

^Oh Oh. Okay. That would put them both at 16 then I think. Gimme a sec. I assume there's not going to be much more combat tonight?

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    Bluh, okay, I'm way busier than I thought. Cygan, be Carrie. >.> I need to get this shit done, but I don't want to make this grind to a halt without me.

He did start at Level 12, don't forget, and he gets the full EXP value for every fight he's in.

I know. I just figured that, with the way that the amount of EXP it takes increases from level to level, it would come closer to evening out by now.

I'll... try? She probably won't do much.