If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

PTA

Comments

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    I didn't wish for a Beldum, INUH did. :V

At this point, I think I'm mostly just gonna wing my party of Pokemon and see what happens.
    All I will say, though, is that I would prefer it if people can at least post every day.

I should be able to do thar, yeah.
  • edited 2011-12-21 10:49:01
    Has friends besides tanks now
    Oh, yeah. You only asked for a Scyther before that. In any case, that's where I got the idea, for the reasoning I gave above.

And I have it all figured out, what I'd really want to make a team out of for this sort of game. I feel like I'm looking too much from a power perspective, though; I like the big, strong pokemon, especially ones with imposing designs.
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    I kind of do too.

I'd ask if I could duplicate my awesome HeartGold team (Feraligatr, Scyther, Gengar, Metagross, Tyranitar, and Dragonite), but like half of them are taken.

So, I'll just wing it and pick up whatever happens to appeal along the way.
  • Has friends besides tanks now
    I almost want to recreate my Diamond team (Infernape, Luxray, Gengar, Garchomp, Espeon, and Umbreon), but I went through over sixty Elite Four runs with them because I didn't know of a faster way to level them up at the time, so . . . no. I like its balance, though; I don't like the idea of running too many pseudolegendaries, personally.
    My Pokemon team strategies tends to be less "What types synergize well together?" or "What Pokemon present a nice, well balanced, not-overpowered team?" than they are "ALL THE AWESOME POKEMON. ALL OF THEM."
  • edited 2011-12-21 11:18:42
    That's partly me, but I'm not quite that fond of using pseudos (Garchomp and Hydreigon are really the only ones I like that much. Dragonite's adorable, but it's kind of vanilla), and I hate the idea of actually using legendaries.

Anyway, I fixed Mercer's HP, so I'll put that in the OP so Cygan doesn't have to.
  • edited 2011-12-21 11:20:48
    No rainbow star
    Other than Umbreon I think I'm going to try for an Attack Stat trainer and get Garchomp, Flygon, if at all possible Feraligatr, Scizor... Basically Pokemon which will wreck your shit (and I'll throw in a Milotic just to cover physical walls)

Edit: If I ever control a legend I'd hope for Articuno or Suicune. But I don't think I'll ever get to use one
    I'm starting to wonder if going Martial Artist is actually a good idea. I feel like I would have to pump every single point into Strength for my Attack modifier to keep up. Maybe not. I'll see.
  • No rainbow star
    ^ You'd want some constitution so you can take hits :D
  • MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    My character seat was editted so he no longer has too many points (took one out of Int)
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    ^^^Bear in mind, you get feats or whatever they're called. I haven't checked the Martial Artist ones, but most classes have at least 2-3 Pokemon moves they can learn. That'll boost you.
  • edited 2011-12-21 12:25:50
    ^ I know. But so do the Pokemon. What's more, Pokemon can go up to level 100, while Trainers only go to level 50. Pokemon are bound by the Base Relations or whatever they're called, but ones that prioritize attack could pump a point into Atk/Sp. Atk every level, or at a rather high frequency, while I would only be able to increase a positive modifier by 1 every two levels whenever I'm prioritizing solely that.

Trainers get other stuff, though, so it might balance out.

By the way, is there a limit on the number of moves Pokemon can know in this game?
    True.

I think your mons are kinda supposed to outdo you eventually.
  • MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    Which might make Martial artists kind of obsolete at higher levels but I've never played so I dunno.
    Some of the advanced classes for it look pretty viable, enough that you could still be support.
  • No rainbow star
    ...Would be awesome to see a Martial Artist take out an Arceus by himself...
    Well, I suppose if Arceus kept getting rolls so shit he couldn't use a single attack...
  • edited 2011-12-21 13:12:58
    I wouldn't expect to ever be a match for some of the stronger ones, but I figure that if I can keep up with a lower-tier pokemon 1-on-1, I could provide reasonable support in a usual scenario.

I might just embrace my inner munchkin and go Ace Trainer instead.
  • edited 2011-12-21 13:15:00
    No rainbow star
    ^ I plan to go Ace Trainer - Stat (Attack) - Researcher, and if possible (apparently if you get high enough in levels you can get a fourth class?), Cryptozoologist

It's why Wisdom and Intelligence aren't my dump stats despite priming to be an Ace Trainer
    I'll probably still be a Martial Artist.

Also, here's a picture of Jacqueline (most prominent on the right, as you probably could guess).
  • edited 2011-12-21 13:47:22
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    I find RPing more fun than powergaming to have the very best possible character, so I'm going the Researcher route.

I'm thinking Researcher --> Photographer --> Cryptozoologist or something similar. With maybe a big fangirl thing going on towards legendary Pokemon right from the start.
    ^ They aren't mutually exclusive, though.
    I know. :V
  • No rainbow star
    ^^^ The stat one and cryptozoologist stood out to me the most :3

Hmm... I may change my mind by the time I choose a class anyways. My current stat layout just primes me for if I choose Ace Trainer :3
    And I'm not trying to be a powergamer (if I were, I'd probably get into Ace Trainer shenanigans). I just want to be confident in my character's ability to contribute.

And then RPing is basically separate from that.
    Psychic/Engineer kinda sounds powergamerey, I guess, but I just like the classes.
    By the way, INUH, your character sheet comes up blank.
  • edited 2011-12-21 14:13:15
    No rainbow star
    ^^ It's the same thing with Ace Trainer. It's practically the munchkin class, but yet it just seems like fun to rp to me

And I just thought of something

The Regis are essentially robots. Can't an engineer create a Regirock (seeing as how Regice requires antarctic ice and Registeel requires an alien metal, while Regirock is just rocks)? It isn't even like Regirock is a very broken legendary (he's one of the most pathetic if I recall)

This is mostly for curiousities sake
    I can see INUH's sheet.