If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

PTA

Comments

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    If Everest gets to wish for a Dratini, then I wish for a Larvitar.  :V

You'll meet in Pewter City. I don't know where- you guys can make that up, or you can meet up at the incident place.
    Incident place?
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    If Everest gets to wish for a Dratini, then I wish for a Larvitar.  :V

Go ahead. They're not pseudolegendaries like they are in the video games, so I don't have a problem with that.

Incident place?

You know, where stuff is happening :V
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    They're not pseudolegendaries like they are in the video games
    Awwww.......
    You know, where stuff is happening :V
    see

i probably would have figured that out

if it weren't four in the morning

what am i doing up at four in the morning anyway
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    Eating cookies.

Or you should be.

Anyway, when Malkavian gets his character sheet done and linked, I'll start the RP proper :V
    Eating cookies.

Or you should be.
    i wish

My sister made cookies last night, but they're to give to her friends for Christmas, so I'm not allowed to eat them  :V

Anyway, when Malkavian gets his character sheet done and linked, I'll start the RP proper :V

woot
    Eat them anyway c:
    No way, she's scary.  :<
  • No rainbow star
    Malk you weren't supposed to post again :<

I was supposed to steal your spot :<
    Icalasari, if you really really want in, I can let you in. It would be a one-off thing, though, as five is my absolute upper limit :V
  • edited 2011-12-21 03:47:26
    No rainbow star
    :3 I really want in

Thanks Cygan :D

Edit: Trying to pick between Snorunt (Froslass :D), Eevee (Umbreon is one of my favourite Pokemon), and Larvesta (virtually no experience with Unova Pokemon - Typing up a Nuzlocke Run can suck out the fun. :< I'm still not even past the ground leader. So no idea if Larvesta is broken or not (I've been trying to keep as spoiler free as possible in terms of stats)
    You'd better hurry up, then. And don't make me regret this. Really, don't.
  • No rainbow star
    Already turning my Laptop on so I can do a proper character sheet and set up stats
    Much appreciated, thank you.
  • edited 2011-12-21 04:48:44
    No rainbow star
    Charles Lockwood

Height: 5'9"

Weight: 127

Strength: 13 + 1
    Constitution: 13 + 1
    Intelligence: 10 + 0
    Wisdom: 10 + 0
    Dexterity: 9 - 1
    Charisma: 9 -1

I'm not understanding modifiers, and the handbook did shit all to explain how to find my Pokemon's base stats - Just how to add to them =/ (I chose a Timid Snorunt)

Could be that it's 3:37 AM, but I'm doubting that I could have missed something on how to find Base Stats that thoroughly =/
    The Pokemon's base stats are found listed in the Pokedex, Icalasari.

Modifiers are quite simple. You get a +1 modifier for ever 2 points you have above 10, and a -1 modifier for every point you have below 10.

For example, let's say you have the following impossible stats:

The 14 has a +2 modifier, because it is 4 above 10- or 2 lots of 2.
    The 13, on the other hand, only has a +1 modifier, because it's 3 above 10. That is, it's 2 above 10, but not another 2- just another 1.
    The 12 has a +1 modifier, because it's 2 above 10.
    The 11, on the other hand, has no modifier, because it's only one point above ten.
    The 10 has absolutely no modifier- it's a neutral modifier.
    The 9 has a -1 modifier, because it's 1 below 10.
    The 8 has a -2 modifier, because it's 2 below 10.

So, it goes like this:

14 (+2)
    13 (+1)
    12 (+1)
    11 (0)
    10 (0)
    9 (-1)
    8 (-2)
  • No rainbow star
    Ah. So it was tiredness (I somehow missed the Pokedex entirely)

Edited my player to include the modifiers (guess he isn't very charismatic XD)

Hope I get to choose Snorunt's gender as I want to prime her to be a Froslass :D

Snow the Snorunt (Hopefully Female?)

Timid Nature (Likes Sweet (Speed), Hates Spicy (Attack)

Base Stats:

HP: 5
    Atk: 3
    Def: 5
    SpA: 5
    SpD: 5
    Speed: 7

Added Stats:

HP: 1
    Atk:
    Def:
    SpA: 2
    SpD:
    Speed: 1

Actual Stats:

HP: 6
    Atk: 3
    Def: 5
    SpA: 7
    SpD: 5
    Speed: 8

I'll assemble this all into a sheet once I have your approval and some time (I have to get up in a few hours XD So it depends on how soon you approve of this)
  • edited 2011-12-21 05:18:12
    If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    Yes, that's approved.

I'll do up your Snorunt, who is a girl, for you, but I won't do up your character sheet :V

Also, don't forget a nickname.
  • edited 2011-12-21 05:22:39
    No rainbow star
    ^ I did give a nickname for the Snorunt (Snow :P)

EDIT: Oh, I see INUH has his sheet laid out at TVTropes. I'll lay out my sheet on Googledocs then
    No, I'd prefer it if you didn't :V

INUH has already said he'll do his up properly. And I'll be using them when I don't have access to the internet, so I kind of need them on PDF's :V

And I'll do up Snow's now.
  • edited 2011-12-21 05:35:08
    No rainbow star
    Ah, ok then

...Guh. Getting confused here. INUH's Max HP (I'm using his info as a guide) doesn't match up with the x4 + level x4 for Max HP nor the rules x5

EDIT: Even Everest's doesn't match up (10 x 5 = 40?)
  • edited 2011-12-21 05:43:44
    If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    Here is Snow.

HP is determined by multiplying your Con stat by 4 and adding your Level x 4. So, yes, INUH's is actually two too high.
  • edited 2011-12-21 05:53:44
    No rainbow star
    Here is my character

The height field is messed up (it only allows one character) so I put my height beside my character's name ^^;

Charles Lockwood
  • edited 2011-12-21 05:59:59
    Has friends besides tanks now
    Whoops. Multiplied Gastly's Base HP by four instead of three. I'll have that fix up later today.

Also, if we're doing this by IRC, we're gonna have to set up a schedule, huh? Especially to use that neat Map program for the fights.

17 HP? That sounds about right, but . . . well, let's just say it's a good thing Jacqueline can fight, too.
  • edited 2011-12-21 06:03:57
    No rainbow star
    I think Snow's Powder Snow attack is going to be quite useful. That with Double Team and Leer and I can see Snow being a big help on the sidelines

EDIT: Oh, how rare are TMs?

EDIT 2: Also night. I may be able to catch 4 hours of sleep if I start now! :D
    EDIT: Oh, how rare are TMs?

The weaker ones aren't that rare. Like, Bullet Seed can be bought from a few people for just a few thousand pokedollars. Things like Flamethrower, though, would cost easy tens of thousands or have to be won from important battles, and things like Earthquake are really rare.

Also, if we're doing this by IRC, we're gonna have to set up a schedule, huh? Especially to use that neat Map program for the fights.

Forzare and INUH both said they'd prefer PbP :V
  • Has friends besides tanks now
    Sweet, because so would I; with this being swim season, I'll be gone for a significant portion of time each weekday, and even more on some other days.
    That's good, because lately, my times have been a bit unpredictable, and I would hate to see the game break down because I don't have the ability to stick to a strict schedule :V

All I will say, though, is that I would prefer it if people can at least post every day.
  • Has friends besides tanks now
    That's doable. I can't guarantee that I'll be able to do much on certain days, but posting every day shouldn't be a problem.
    Awesome. Much appreciated.
  • edited 2011-12-21 10:41:07
    Has friends besides tanks now
    "Eevee (Umbreon is one of my favourite Pokemon)"

We can be Umbreon buddies, I guess. :D And I'm switching my Dratini wish for a Deino wish. And Abra for Ralts, if that's okay, since I want a Gallade (I'm going for Fighting, with a subtheme of the types that interact with Fighting in some way, if this most recent post doesn't make that apparent; so far, out of what I've wished for, the final stages are Ghost/Poison, Steel/Fighting, Dark, Psychic/Fighting, Fighting, and Dark/Dragon). I feel like that might be a bad idea, though, so I'll look for non-fighting types that are cool, though those seem to be diminishing.

"If Everest gets to wish for a Dratini, then I wish for a Larvitar."

I got the idea to wish for a Dratini 'cause you wished for a Beldum (Metagross's base stat total comes out the same as the other pseudolegendaries, at least in the original games). :c