If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

PTA

Comments

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

That's up to you. I don't have anything planned, so I won't be interfering. As far as I'm concerned, you could skip over the camping and remaining travel in your next post and all would be A-OK.

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

Well, I'd be fine with that, unless anyone else had plans for before we set up camp.

• edited 2012-01-18 20:10:35
    Has friends besides tanks now

Now I'm wondering if Jackie is going to end up annoying PC's, too (aside from the obvious Charles). >.>

And, uh, nope, I don't think she has much to talk about for the moment, or any plans (aside from offscreen weight lifting, of course).

Oh, wait. Maybe something . . . but I'm not sure if it's a good idea, from an in-game perspective. It would take place at the camp, though.

• No rainbow star
    I'm up for skipping to Mt Moon or the camp
  • No rainbow star
    ...Definitely not opposed as Charles won't be doing anything until either camp or the next major event
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    I'm okay with whatever.
  • MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

I'm cool with it.

• Has friends besides tanks now

Same.

• edited 2012-01-18 20:32:43
    No rainbow star
    I'll make that post then :D

Edit: Wait, camp or mt moon?

I wanted to try something at the camp, so I'd prefer that.

• No rainbow star
    There :D

Okay.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    I believe it's nearly time to wrap up, though.

So I'll go send those PM's.

Okay. Since I finished some of my Stats homework, I'll stick around until Jackie's done talking to Charles (and hopefully apologizing successfully).

Playing a shy character is weird. I'm not posting much, but I feel like posting more would be out-of-character...:/
  • edited 2012-01-18 21:16:50

I'd noticed. :P

Yeah, not every character type lends itself well to roleplaying.

I'm wondering if this would have turned out more interestingly if Jackie had continued to be a hardass towards Charlie and just joined Ray and Carrie's shenanigans, or sparred with Brandon (touch sparring, as opposed to actual, of course). . . . Well, for a certain use of "interesting" . . .

I guess I'll just speed up his planned character development, if possible...

• edited 2012-01-18 21:17:20
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    ^^ ...And then Charles snapped and murdered everyone in their sleep.
  • edited 2012-01-18 21:19:38

And then four more intrepid adventurers stumbled upon the campsite carnage. They saw Charles, with blood still on his hands, and said, "You look like just the right type of person for this group. You want in?"

. . . Now I want to see an evil group in a PTA RP.

Writing that message on a DS killed my wrist, owww
  • No rainbow star
    ^^^^^ He would have walked off the main path and gotten lost, possibly pissing off several Pokemon with Snow's glow ability

Yep, you saved his ass
  • edited 2012-01-18 21:36:40

Just make her think I buy her actually caring.

Out of curiosity, what does it benefit him to play along insincerely? Not that I'm going to use that to motivate my response--I know better than that--but I'm legitimately curious.

Also, Cygan, could I get a Wisdom roll to see if Jackie sees through it (do I need to?), and for that matter should Charles have a Charisma roll to see if it works?

Um, sure. You'll have to roll it yourselves because DS. CHA vs WIS, higher roll wins
  • edited 2012-01-18 21:39:38
    No rainbow star
    ^^ Well, considering his comment to Snow that she's his only friend, it should be obvious that he's gone through this before and been hurt by people who claimed to be his friends. So it's less a benefit and more an automatic response

^ How do I roll my check?
  • edited 2012-01-18 21:41:48

^^ Okay.

. . . I got a 4. Well, this ought to be interesting.

^ That was plain enough from the narrated part of your post. I just wasn't sure where the justification for this defense mechanism was. Also, use this.

• No rainbow star
    ...I can't check the rule book for how to roll or what a 9 means I roll
    Roll 1d20+ your CHA modifier.
  • No rainbow star
    Well my Charisma is 9 -1. Is the -1 my modifier?

Either way I rolled a 9 before modifiers

The -1 is your modifier, so it comes out to 8.

The -1 is your modifier.

8 beats 4 though