If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Who all on IJBM has Terraria?

Comments

• No rainbow star
    ...Excuse me while I rush through the game to get a flamethrower
  • Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!
    FUCKING VOODOO DEMONS!

I've been killed twice in a row because killing one drops a Guide Doll into the NUMEROUS lava pits and summons the Wall of Flesh. D:
  • No rainbow star
    Solution to that: Don't kill one until you're ready to face the wall of flesh :D
  • Two of the hard mode bosses down, one to go. Now should I make the fairy bell, magic harp or one piece of the hallowed gear. 
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    You could just re-fight the bosses you already know you can kill until you can make all of their items.
  • I'm just trying to figure out what I could make that will help me kill the twins faster next time, because I almost died again fighting them.
    Ah.

In that case, go for the hallowed gear. I think one of the helmets has like 30 armor or something on its own.
    Full Molten armor GET!

I guess I should try and go after the WoF now, huh?
    Do you have a demon scythe? If so, go for it.
    No, no I don't. Damn demons are stingy.
    Get one. I had 60 mana when I fought it and my first wave of Demon Scythes brought it down by like 700 HP.
    >2% drop

Argh...
  • Screw the demon scythe, make a Phoenix Blaster or buy a minishark and fill up your ammo slots with musket balls instead. I find being a gunner is a highly effective tactic against all the bosses.

In personal hardmode news, I expected all the hard mode bosses to be well, harder. The only one I had trouble with was the twins. Skeletron Prime is a matter of having enough bullets and the destroyer does not dish out enough damage with his drones dropping hearts to even be a challenge.
    Don't use musket balls on the WoFfle. Use meteor shot. It has appendages to block musket balls.

And the Demon Scythe does more damage than either.
    I just got a Handgun from a friend, almost enough Helstone to make a Phoenix Blaster. I have over a hundred Meteorite Bars to make into bullets and a couple stacks of Silver Bullets lying around.

I might be able to do this if I stack a bunch of potions, and maybe use my Star Cannon to unload the Fallen Stars I've been saving.
  • edited 2011-12-10 15:29:02
    Tech support

My current setup.
  • No rainbow star
    I read that starting out with melee to clear The Hungry then switching to ranged is a good strategy

I wonder if my vilethorn can clear The Hungry...
  • edited 2011-12-10 15:28:18
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    Bad idea. Very bad idea. If you have meteor shot or a demon scythe (and if you don't, you shouldn't be fighting the WoFfle), your attacks will go right through them.
  • No rainbow star
    What about the explosives strategy I had before? Any merit in that?
  • edited 2011-12-10 15:40:46
    Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!
    ^Doubt it. It's very hard to setup, may not do enough to take down all 5000 HP, you'll be kinda SOL if you didn't bring anything to back it up.

Speaking of the wall, I tried to summon it three times and it didn't work. I looked it up and it turns out I need my Guide to be alive before I can summon it. >.<

I can hear him in the Warp, laughing as I thought I would never have to see his face again...
  • No rainbow star
    ^ The warp?

And wouldn't a 500 block long hall with a ten thick ceiling of explosives be enough to take off 5000 hp?
  • edited 2011-12-10 15:46:56
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    Probably would.

It would cost over 15000 gold to make, though.
  • No rainbow star
    ^ Ah

So in other words, I could beat him hundreds of times in the amount of time it would take to get that much gold
    Pretty much, yeah.

Seriously, meteor shot and/or demon scythe, with a road of good intentions, and you're good.
  • No rainbow star
    > Road of good intentions
    > Drop a voodoo doll at the end of it, killing a man
    You do realize why I'm calling it that, right?
  • No rainbow star
    I know, it's a joke based on a saying

I had to make my joke, though
    Fair enough; just checking.
  • No rainbow star
    Anybody here use mods?
  • Is it cheating to exploit a glitch for money.