If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Who all on IJBM has Terraria?

Comments

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!
    ^I can't find you on steam. Mind linking your profile page?
  • I told you a hundred times Seibah, I don't want you in my pool
  • No rainbow star
    I should be out of the red next paycheck or soon, so I'll be getting it

Icalasari is my username WHAT A SHOCK!
  • edited 2011-11-28 17:17:52
    Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!
    ^Added to friends and the group.

Also, I killed an Eye of Cthulhu and made a Demonite Bow out of its smoldering corpse. :D
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    ^ You can do stuff with corpses?  They just disappear for me.

By the way, do items disappear if you just drop them and leave them alone?

Is there an advantage to stone or wood or metal bricks rather than dirt blocks to using them to build a house?  What about stone or wood walls rather than dirt walls?
    ^Enemies can spawn inside your house if you have dirt walls/blocks. You need at least wood to get rid of that.

And you need to make a house out of brick, not stone, brick which can be MADE from stone to get NPCs to appear.
    Where's the merchant?
    And what's the detriment to monsters spawning inside your house?

And which type of brick do I need to use?
    ^The purpose of a house is to provide a safe zone against monsters. You'll need it to prevent yourself from getting swarmed by zombies/demon eyes.

Any brick type so long as it actually SAYS it's a brick. I use gray bricks and gray brick walls myself because it's the easiest to come by.

Oh and you need at least 50 silver and a NPC friendly room to get a merchant to appear.

You should take a look at the beginner's guide on the Terraria wiki. It has all this information.
  • edited 2011-11-28 20:18:17
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Oh, there is one?

*web search*

Oh, I see.  Thanks!
  • No rainbow star
    So when will the server be set up?
    After the update, so probably Thursday or Friday.
  • Sometime after the 1.1 patch is released.
  • No rainbow star
    Alright

:D I can't wait to be utterly demolished and end up being made to stay in the group building making stuff for everyone so I don't get in the way!

...Wait...
    I think I'll be doing the crafting and exploration stuff too, lol.  I don't quite have a good hang of combat yet...
  • No rainbow star
    My problem isn't understanding combat. It's that I like running into things head on

Heck, in Minecraft I piss off creepers on purpose
    ^^Get yourself a bow. Things get much easier after that.
  • No rainbow star
    ^ But hitting things with a sword is funner! :<

...A bow has saved me from a few annoying demon eyes, but I prefer just letting them fly straight at me before I smack them :3
    Demon eyes are annoying but not dangerous.  Zombies in pits are much more dangerous.
  • edited 2011-11-28 21:18:55
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    ^^^Personally, I almost never use a bow. I just get an awesome sword ASAP.

I do use guns, sometimes, though. And I'm definitely getting me a flamethrower once the update hits.
  • No rainbow star
    Mmm, barbequed unicorn
  • edited 2011-11-28 23:37:27
    lol I just put a chest in a chest.

xzibit.jpg
  • No rainbow star
    ^ Now you just need to put a chest in a chest in a chest!
    Note to @delta534 and @Neo_Crimson: I see you both want Dungeons of Dredmor.  It's currently one of the "beat the average" bonuses that you can get from the Humble Bundle, FYI.
    So where is everyone right now?

I'm in full Silver armor with a Demonite Bow, Light's Bane, and Meteor Hamaxe. With Hermes' Boots, Cloud in a Bottle, Ring of Regeneration, an Aglet, a Magic Mirror, Grappling Hook*, and an Orb of Light.

*This is the most useful item in the game. If you don't have one, get one asap.
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    The Grappling Hook isn't the most useful item in the game.

The upgraded grappling hook is.
    Yeah, but you have to be able to survive in the Underground Jungle to get that. The normal grappling hook will stay with you for most of early, mid, and most of late-game.
  • edited 2011-12-01 13:18:08
    I JUST GOT THE UPDATE AND THEY ALREADY BROKE SOMETHING

I CAN NO LONGER MAKE WATER DISAPPEAR BY FILLING IT WITH SAND AND DIGGING IT BACK OUT

OR EVEN DIRT

let's try stone

NOT EVEN STONE WILL MAKE THE WATER GO AWAY

NOOOOOOOOOOOO
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    Right. I'm going to make a new world, glance around to check that it's not completely horrible, and put a new server up.
  • edited 2011-12-01 13:53:23
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    Right, I made a world called "IJBMLand" and it's pretty good. The starting area is mostly a flat area going to the right, and there are lots of trees, stone and ores visible on the surface.

Server rules should be pretty basic. Don't mess with buildings you didn't build yourself unless you have permission, don't take items out of other people's chests without permission. Probably ought to label your building(s) with signs.

Oh, and I want to start off with starting characters. I think I mentioned that before, but I'm not sure.

Anyway, people wanting the IP and password, post here and I'll add you to the PM conversation with them.