If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Hey, everybody! I've been banned! :D

Comments

• If that don't work, use more gun.
    OH WOW!  Fast Eddie just LOCKED THE LET'S PLAY PAGE.  Throwing a temper tantrum much?  Yeesh, this is soooooo deliciously ironic.  He would be banned for his behavior on the site if he was a regular troper.
  • If I wasn't permabanned and instead had Shichi's luxuries of being able
    to make alts and send pms, I'd notify all my favorite people about the
    fact that I was banned, but I don't so I can't, at least not for a
    while.

Why not just ask somebody here to do so?

Also, for anyone who's interested, on the SA thread there's a screencap of the deleted thread.
  • I stand on Grendel's shoulders
    That man is a child finally realizing that the world is not the happy little hugbox where he gets everything he wants, so he's throwing a temper tantrum.
  • Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!
    I'm imagining FE red in the face and smashing his keyboard screaming "I'LL SHOW THOSE GOONS, I'LL SHOW THEM AND EVERYONE WHO AGREES WITH THOSE TROLLS!"
  • You'd think a man who claims to be in his 50s would be less juvenile.
  • What is this "block"?

From the screen, it seems that links on SA that lead to TVTropes are simply redirected back to SA? Is this correct?
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    Since I don't give a shit about my TVT account anymore, I should just make a thread pointing out the blatant hypocrisy and immaturity that FE is displaying in the LP page.
  • edited 2011-10-22 22:46:10
    a little muffled
    @Legionnaire: I wouldn't.
    Stormtroper: Maybe when I've sobered up from my just-banned-from-tvtropes euphoria I'll get around to it.

By the way, how's the guy treating my posts? Have I been absorbed into the all-consuming Troll Post entity yet or what?
  • Kamen Rider MADOKA
    That man is a child finally realizing that the world is not the happy little hugbox where he gets everything he wants, so he's throwing a temper tantrum.

So are he and Chris-chan separated at birth? 
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    Probability she'll get banned for it?

about 98%

Anyway. He reverted my edit, and locked the page, blocking future edits to it.

Also, he didn't provide an edit reason the second time, either.
    Chagen: Yes. It's easy to get around it simply by copying the link and pasting it into your browser.
  • MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    The real reason I don't post of TVT anymore is because I can't post this .gif.

• I'm imagining FE red in the face and smashing his keyboard screaming
    "I'LL SHOW THOSE GOONS, I'LL SHOW THEM AND EVERYONE WHO AGREES WITH
    THOSE TROLLS!"

How else are they going to realize that he doesn't care about them?
    ^ [medal]
  • edited 2011-10-22 22:49:22
    re: Posts being marked troll posts: Nope, just thumped.
  • I just reported an act of vandalism on Ask The Tropers. I'm not sure if I should have, but I feel I needed to say something.
  • Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!
    I see mass bannings ahead.
  • edited 2011-10-22 22:54:01
    I stand on Grendel's shoulders
    Don't you all get banned, guys! I need at least one courier to spread the word about my ban-hood to spacephantom and hungry joe and the like. :Þ
  • ":Þ"

....Did you just use an old Germanic letter in a emoticon?
    Yes. I've been doing it for a while. :Þ
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    I just reported an act of vandalism on Ask The Tropers. I'm not sure if I should have, but I feel I needed to say something.

I was thinking of doing that, but it won't accomplish anything.
  • edited 2011-10-22 22:59:23
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    When a user is causing an edit war by deleting sections of a trope page for seemingly no reason, without leaving an explanation, the proper course of action is generally to edit-ban said user, or at least give them a stern warning.

Over on the Let's Play page, a user deleted a section of the page explaining that LPs originated on the site Something Awful.  Now, I have no strong feelings toward SA one way or the other, but to remove references to it when it was a n integral part of the genre's inception, simply because of one user's bias, seems a bit petty.

The deletion was restored by another user, citing revision of vandalism, as is the proper course of action.

The section in question was then deleted again, without explanation.

And then the page was locked.  Because Fast Eddie was the one doing the edit that would, if done by any other user, be considered edit warring and vandalism.  Only slightly more serious, because the vandalism was done by the site's admin, who is supposed to be enforcing the rules, not breaking them, as well as preventing any response or questioning of the rulebreaking.

Just saying.
    Let's see how long it takes for me to get banned for this post.

Because frankly I don't give a shit about TVT, and I might as well get myself banned.
  • Clean your room little Billy
    Well, looks like my forums hiatus just became indefinite. They've been bad for a while now, but when the administration does the online equivalent of shitting their pants in spite because they don't get first turn on the playground equipment, there's no hope.
  • I think I'm getting stupider by the minute from this.

And I don't have much intelligence left to looooze
  • edited 2011-10-22 23:00:57
    Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!
    ^^^I'll get a stopwatch.

Also, Bobby G and blackcat think this has gone out of had. I fear for their mod statuses.
    So this is the second time that someone complimented specifically me in the TV Tropes threads. (The first one was at the end of the second tv tropes thread which got gassed for being incredibly off topic)

Feels good, man. B]
  • In fact, I might get into hot soup/banned for it, but whatever. It seems they've found some sort of justification by saying linking directly to SA forums was a big no-no now.
  • "That's why he removed it. It wasn't a pointless removal and it was for a good reason. In fact, I have yet to see Commandah Eddie do anything without a reason."

This discussion has been closed.