If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Hey, everybody! I've been banned! :D

Comments

• edited 2011-10-22 23:18:16
    Any threads on there open where I can talk about the issue and not get banned?

Also, Cygan, I'll also back you up if you argue on the edit banned thread.
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    Cygan, you could appeal and get your editing rights back. Being a long time respected member and all, and you have many people on TvT who love you, but that would mean to admit you did something wrong, which as we all know was not the case.

Yeah, I'm not appealing the ban. As far as I can see, what this means is that Eddie is telling me that my contributions to the Wiki are not welcome.
  • edited 2011-10-22 23:17:49
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    ^^ Nnnnnope.
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    @Cygan Come on, it'll be fun.  We'll be all reasonable and use actual facts, and Eddie will jump around and look more like a tyrant. 
  • To respond to Forzare's post:

And my bow.

• edited 2011-10-22 23:19:53
    I'm tempted to just argue with him anyway. I like arguing, and I've heard it's ridiculously easy to get around bans in TVTropes.

But yeah, if you guys try to argue, I'll come along.
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    Come on, it'll be fun.  We'll be all reasonable and use actual facts, and Eddie will jump around and look more like a tyrant.  

Maybe I should.
  • AHRAHR
    edited 2011-10-22 23:20:06
    I get that you guys are pissed, but this seems...way too harsh of a reaction. I mean, if Cygs wants to get her privileges back, OK, but I don't know if you should do this for the sake of trying to trip him up. 
  • edited 2011-10-22 23:20:51
    I stand on Grendel's shoulders
    Manorcus: The PYRT thread used to be a relatively save haven for all of my thoughts, including those about SA and what's wrong with TV Tropes, but ever since I got thumped (by Fast Eddie, no less) and permabanned that has ended.
  • edited 2011-10-22 23:21:58
    @AHR Sic semper tyrannis.

Seriously, though, this is just a boiling point for previous misgivings, I think. This isn't even that big a deal, considering some of the stuff FE has done before. But I think it was one too many steps over the line for many people.
  • Kamen Rider MADOKA
    We should. He's a tyrant, plain and simple. Bringing down tyranny is a good cause, no?
  • You can change. You can.
    I get that you guys are pissed, but that seems...way too harsh of a reaction.

Agreed. Just leave if you hate the current state of affairs, but you are not gonna change anything and all you're gonna do is make Eddie ban you.

Is that really necessary? What end do you guys hope to meet at this point?
  • I would fire up my IRL popcorn maker right now if it wasn't so damn loud.
  • I stand on Grendel's shoulders
    Getting banned by a shitty admin induces a feeling of euphoria.
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    Get banned, mostly.

And maybe convince some people that aren't Eddie, like other mods, to actually question authority when it acts like it's five.
    And maybe convince some people that aren't Eddie, like other mods, to actually question authority when it acts like it's five.

yeah that
    Take lots of screenshots, guys. :D
  • The best way we could get back at the forums is to convince sponsors to cut funding, but that would make us assholes in every sense for bringing down TvT itself.
  • edited 2011-10-22 23:26:12
    If we all argue at once, I think we could get a lot of popular support. Before being banned, but hey.

I don't have as many grievances with Eddie as some here, as I've only been at TVTropes for about a year, but personally I think arguing with FE would be fun. And more importantly, open up people's eyes.

^ That's going too far. All of us arguing at one time would cause enough mischief for my tastes. We would probably be hailed as heroes at ED though, if we got the advertisers to cut funding. Not like that means much.
    But no

I'll wait 'til tomorrow to appeal it
  • You can change. You can.
    Bobby knows shit it's up, but he bears with it because he honestly thinks the site is a worthwhile endeavor. 

Morven knows that the whole place is fucked up and understands it, but he moderates it because he doesn't see it as anything less wrong than the internet

I'm telling you guys, you're walking a line of exporting drama that is really really unnecessary. I understand you hate this. Hell, I hate it too. But it doesn't mean you get to break the rules for a pipe dream and because of raeg
    noooo

i might not be around tomorrow
    You think informing google about the racism and pedoshit that goes on on the site will cause them to cut funding?
  • The problem is, this isn't IRL.

We can't simply go and "take down" the authority. Eddie has full control over TvTropes. Wresting power from an interner admin is impossible.

Anyway:

He who fights monsters must be careful to not look into the abyss, lest he become a monster himself.

Eddie should take mind of this quote.
  • Kamen Rider MADOKA
    Quick, someone who has less to lose on TVT argue with him. :B
  • AHRAHR
    edited 2011-10-22 23:27:12
    Some mods like the policies. I mean, you have to agree with the direction a site takes to a certain extent if you're going to mod it. Even if they do question authority, they might not question the same authority you want them to question.
  • I'm playing Disgaea 4 right now.

The plotline is somewhat similar to what is happening right now.
    I'm telling you guys, you're walking a line of exporting drama that is really really unnecessary. I understand you hate this. Hell, I hate it too. But it doesn't mean you get to break the rules for a pipe dream and because of raeg

Well, honestly, I do think I'd like to get my edit privileges back. I'm not too concerned if I don't, but I would like it if I did.
  • No rainbow star
    ...How much money do you think it would take to convince FE to part with TVTropes?

Because we could always pool together money and offer to buy it

After all, I highly doubt FE is so far gone that he'd reject any offer
  • Sorry for not reading this thread, but

I pm'd meta four this:

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/article_history.php?article=Main.LetsPlay

Looks like eddie removed the lines for no good reason. According to the something awful page itself, as well as goon testomonies, it was in fact the originator of lp's. What are your thoughs?

something awful page here: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/SomethingAwful

So unless i'm missing something here, the line shouldn't have been removed. I'm 99% sure that the lp forum itself is never un-accesible to non forum users. Additionally, it states that it's the trope namer.

Additionally, the vast majority of the time the forum threads are accessable to non forum users. If another lp site went down twice a year, I doubt it would be forbidden to link or mention it. I think it's just part of some vandetta against the site.

Eddie said: 'There was notice not to link to those forums. The link was edit warred back in. I restored it and locked it.'

Why should we not link or mention the forums? See my point above.

Meta four responded with:

We're attempting to hammer this out
    in the mods-only forum right now. FE doesn't want to link to them
    because some goons are talking trash about this site; some of the mods
    think this is an overreaction.

So yeah. Summery for the uniformed, I guess.
This discussion has been closed.