If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Hey, everybody! I've been banned! :D

edited 2011-10-23 03:36:39 in Webspace
I stand on Grendel's shoulders
now let's talk about vikings

Reason being that I was talking about what-is-wrong-with-tv-tropes/what-sa-has-noticed-about-what's-wrong-with-tv-tropes/how-poorly-tv-tropes-is-dealing-with-what-sa-has-noticed-about-what's-wrong-with-tv-tropes.

(It has been on my ctrl-v for the past few minutes.)

EDIT: To explain, I have actually been perma-banned, so I can't see the site at all.

Being perma banned looks like this by the way.

Comments

• What sort of ban was it?
  • Where did this take place?
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    To explain, I have actually been perma-banned, so I can't see the site at all.

You. are. fucking. shitting. me.
  • ʍɥɐʇ po ʎon ɔɐll ɐ ɾoʞǝ ʍıʇɥonʇ ɐ dnuɔɥlıuǝ
    I have no words anymore
  • edited 2011-10-22 21:41:56
    I was permabanned, so I can't see any part of the site at all.

It's ironic because Shichi does not have my type of ban so he's able to pm the mods complaints and make alts, yet my type of ban doesn't allow me to do that.

Essentially, I was given worse punishment than a racist.
  • edited 2011-10-22 21:41:03
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    there has to be more to it than that

i mean, FE is petty, but

that

that's just

jesus
  • Here.

(If this counts as "drama importation", thump this. I don't mean for it to.)
  • Kamen Rider MADOKA
    Well, I'll be. I'm not surprised a little beta male dictator like Fast Eddie would condone that.

• That's retarded.

It really is. Forgive the offensive word, but I can think of no other way to describe it.
  • Kamen Rider MADOKA
    Well, of course. Did you expect something well-thought and intelligent from them?
  • Fast Eddie doing stupid things.

Why is this still a surprise?
  • You can change. You can.
    not a surprise, but still annoying, poni. 
  • edited 2011-10-22 21:45:20
    Goddamnit, I can't wait to turn in my $10 and start posting shitty TV Tropes content on some other IP address.

But job first.
  • Kamen Rider MADOKA
    I was thinking of piling on additional insults in my previous post, but decided against it because it would be immature.

Instead, I'll have the moral high ground here and laugh at this sad excuse for an admin.
  • Poot dispenser here
    Good going, Eddie. /sarcasm
  • MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    Dernit. Well, welcome aboard Anne.

This is one of many reasons I'm not getting into the TV Tropes-SA nonsense.
  • "Oh, of course not. I guess I would say that may of us don't really consider Fast Eddie's thread zappings to correspond to "wrong to talk about" so much as "okay to talk about as long as he doesn't look at it, because even the rest of the administration doesn't seem to agree with it much of the time""

Damn, it sure is passive-aggressive in that thread.

• And now you see why I do not miss the TVTropes forums anymore.

• edited 2011-10-22 21:47:58
    Kamen Rider MADOKA
    Come on, Malk. I don't see anything wrong about laughing at idiotic neckbeards and the retarded excuses they have for admins.

Also holy shit I'm agreeing with Chagen here

HALP
  • edited 2011-10-22 21:50:23
    So how's the PYRT thread doing in my wake? I'd hate for it to be my fault the thread got locked. It was one of the only sensible places left on TV Tropes.

Come on, Malk. I don't see anything wrong about laughing at idiotic neckbeards and the retarded excuses they have for admins.

Let's brofist.
  • Myr said something about your ban.
  • Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!
    You mentioned SA, there's no guarantee that the mods and especially FE to act rationally whenever they're mentioned.
  • Well, one of the latest posts was Tzetze's bit that Abyss_Worm just quoted, with a bit on the end about how someone saying someone was gonna get banned for this was right. Followed by someone saying it was an interesting turn of events and someone laughing.
  • edited 2011-10-22 21:51:25
    MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    Kink: Laughing would assume there's something amusing about it, rather than just a headache I'd rather not deal with.

SA really shouldn't come into it, really. What has to happen is that the community, and moreso Eddie, have to realize and address the problem.
  • "Also holy shit I'm agreeing with Chagen here"

I know. Like, holy shit

But anyway, I've realized that while TVTropes is an awesome site, one must stay as far away as possible from the forums as is conceivable. 
  • edited 2011-10-22 21:52:09

See above post.

It always was the one I posted in the most after the fall of IJBM I since it was one of the few places where you could have more leeway in speaking your mind.

One thing that annoyed me about the forum was not just the mods. If you tried saying anything critical, there would be several users trying to shut down the topic with thought-terminating cliches or shitposting (one of the reasons IJBM I fell).

^The trouble is that you need to use the forums to (attempt to) effect change on the wiki pages. Barely anyone uses the talk pages, after all.

• Myr said something about your ban.
    Poor bastard.
  • I stand on Grendel's shoulders
    It was only a matter of time. I was getting increasingly pissed off at TV Tropes for letting racists and misogynists exist on their site.

I'm actually more pissed off about the fact that Shichi was not permabanned and I was, rather than soely about the fact that I was permabanned.
  • You can change. You can.
    Yeah, by now i'm with Malk. This whole thing reeks of bullshit and inanity. 

Also, I wouldn't recommend basing your actions on such things as bitterness and to mock TvT just because they'd banned you. but whatever rocks your boat.
  • Kamen Rider MADOKA
    It is amusing, in a schadenfreude-laden way. Because to be honest I don't see much hope for the community.

Let's brofist. 

fuckyeah.jpg
This discussion has been closed.