If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

I am not ready to quit TV Tropes yet

Comments

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    The database is secure. The holes are all with how the password is sent to and from your computer. Once it hits the site, it's secure. It's just inbetween that's weak.

Which is to do with how the database works, or whatever it is -_-;
  • You can change. You can.
    Gah, why isn't IllFlower saying anything. 
  • Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!
    Bleh the ratio's gone down to 2.06:1. I kinda wish originalhobbit would start arguing again, the ratio seems to go up whenever he tries.
  • Lol,

Give the people a voice and then you realize that voice is small and ineffective.

Honestly, I don't even care, whether it goes or stays, really up to the mods.

and if the mods feel that we're been doing nothing but being angry and calling TT a mean place, then they won't delete it.

But I mean, if our words had meaning, they would delete it.

Not try to fix it again like they have before,

Deletion.
    The staff seems to agree with us that deletion is the only way by now. Except for those with an actual power, but whatever. Maddy is outnumbered and Eddie is indifferent. I'm actually optimistic about it by now.
  • Well, It's almost like a non-issue at this point, Even if we didn't have a majority(which we do XD)

The mess of messes that is TT should still be deleted for being the way it is.

there are so many analogies to what TT is to Tvtropes right now.

Broken, Dirty, Stained.

Honestly, "cleaning it up" at this point isn't even a question.
  • Actually, there was something I heard about, Not sure of the validity of what I heard Though.

E-insurance had a mascot person.

They got rid of this mascot person, Can anyone tell me why?
  • Too much Rule 34 of her. Oh man, I remember this from the old IJBM!
  • ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    Erin Esurance.
  • edited 2011-08-12 13:05:03
    Edit: Scratch this.
  • edited 2011-08-12 17:29:18
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Re ^
    modvoice!Madrugada: "Can we please keep the discussion in this thread on the topic of what could/would/might work to fix it?"
    Fighteer: "Isn't [talking about one's experiences going through a work] what the forums are really supposed to be for?"

...I must say that not even the moderators can keep these topics separate, because in essence, they are one and the same.  Deleting Troper Tales, improving it, replacing it, revamping it...they are merely many facets of the same issue.  Have you tried slicing pennies in half?

That said, one thing I do like is that all the talk about how to improve Troper Tales--apart from mission-of-the-site discussion--could be used to improve the new Troper Tales Wiki in the future.

[Please advise me if you think this post is importing drama.]
  • When in Turkey, ROCK THE FUCK OUT
    Glenn, you're the top mod. I think you'll be fine.
    Yes, but just because he's the head honcho doesn't mean he can go and break rules. 
  • Inside, too dark to read
    So Eddie is silent on when the poll will close. On Sunday, we hit the new-account timeout for voting.

I'm starting to suspect that he made up his mind to keep it and, because he wants his rule to look democratic, is going to leave voting open long enough for new-account shenanigans. If shenanigans don't materialize Sunday night, it'll remain open indefinitely.
  • @Rottweiler: We'll just have to wait and see.
  • He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.
    You assume too much malice, there, rottweiler.
  • Electric Boogaloo
    It's not without reason, though.
  • He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.
    Should the ballot surfing happen, it would be too obvious if the pro-TT side gets a stupid upsurge of votes.
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    Someone called for the crowner to run through Sunday. Fair enough. We'll call it at the end of the day Sunday.

Hm.
    Today is Friday (got to get down on friday), so it will be 2 days or 1 day from now?
  • Who didn't see this coming?
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    Seems fair to me. It would be closed right before any ballot-stuffing sockpuppets gain the ability to vote.
    goddamnit.avi
  • Seems fair to me, It'll be on the day that God rests.
  • ^^You want sockpuppets to stuff the vote?
    Well, two more days left. We now pretty much weight unless someone brings in another shitheaded argument.
    You

no
  • @Juan.

You calling me fat you Colombian bastard!?

This discussion has been closed.