If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

I am not ready to quit TV Tropes yet

Comments

• But it gives unnecessary power a small amount of people.

Having your vote count twice is a big deal no?

That's pratically ballot stuffing in it's own right.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    That won't change things; there will still be close votes and you're just changing the magic number.

Also, I don't see why putting pros and cons would be cheating.  Not gonna go and put them there myself if she's threatening to permaban people, but just for the record, I disagree with that.
  • Likes cheesecake unironically.
    There is not rationale. Just pure stupidity. There is no other possible explanation, just as Madrugada defending TT. Or that dimwit, who said that he changes his vote to no and won't change it again, as if somebody on the pro-cut side (or the side that has more than one braincell) insulted his mother.
  • It's going to stay up until the moment it dips below 2:1.
  • Madrugada stated her reasons, and I thought those reasons made sense. I see no reason to attack her for it.
  • edited 2011-08-09 13:02:53
    You can change. You can.
    I disagree as well, Glenn.

I alsoo believe that the fact that we've got so many people on our side, when we've been relatively sabotaged and set back (We can't update a crowner to have all the relevant info because this is somehow cheating.) is pretty much amazing.

However, yeah. I stand with the "This is it. If it happens, I'll stay and contribute. If it doesn't, I leave"
  • edited 2011-08-09 13:04:28
    Likes cheesecake unironically.
    At this point, I've been around here for over a year. TV Tropes was the
    first real internet community I was ever a part of. But eventually it
    got to the point where the problems were just about too much for me.

Recently,
    I think the site has been moving in a better direction. Despite it's
    flaws, I do like the wiki. But... if it can't bring itself to care
    enough to fix it's biggest problem, then neither can I.

If I didn't know that Forzare wrote this, I'd think it's by me and I just don't remember writing it.
  • Mr. The Edge goes to Washington
    Oh man, "This is it." Whenever those words are spoken, something epic is about to happen. In Michael Jackson's case though... well, you know.
  • I don't think Fast Eddie will delete it. He'll see it as SA This Troper and a small minority of tropers bullying him into doing it.
  • How? Even if it passes below 2.0, that's still a majority of people who want it gone.
  • It's not a minority though!

300 votes compared to the 150 is not the smaller number.
    Imagine the shit storm if it passes and he still doesn't delete it. I don't think it wouldn't he take it back. He's not that dense.
  • It doesn't matter. He'll think that not enough people voted, or that the votes were rigged, or that 2:1 isn't enough, or that SA voted en masse.
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    The sad part is you're probably right.
  • Hey now, Wait until the hammer has dropped for crying out loud.

We're still angsting about the silent minority here, not about the Mods.

Not yet at least.
    Whatever happens, my comrads, I want you to know what I fight along side you in spirit.
  • Still at 2.11.

At point will everyone who cares about the issue have voted?
  • ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
  • edited 2011-08-09 13:22:36
    Cue-bey
    Couldn't have worked broken pencils in there?
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    I am very tempted to change my yes vote to no due to all those people who are so damn angry at how Troper Tales even exists.

There is a lot of worthwhile content in there.

And reading through that thread I have just learned that people have also used it to post their own experienced with games, as well as their experiences with audience reaction tropes and meta-tropes.

I really want these things to continue.  I am okay if they continue offsite, but I want there to be a good way to direct them to the offsite Troper Tales location.
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    I don't care if it exists.  I care if it exists on TVTropes.

It's not as though it's all going to be lost if the vote passes.
  • >I am very tempted to change my yes vote to no due to all those people who are so damn angry at how Troper Tales even exists.

How spiteful.
  • edited 2011-08-09 14:32:36
    Likes cheesecake unironically.
    [self-thump]
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    Well, time for me to go to bed. I will probably procrastinate badly so as to avoid checking if this failed or not.
  • You can change. You can.
    We have linked them page per page, Glenn.

By now, that argument doesn't hold water.

Hell, the link is in every page of the TvT wiki and forums.
  • @Last page: Look what I found:

Somebody watch it and tell me if it's as worth as the premise makes it sound.
  • edited 2011-08-09 13:38:51
    ʍɥɐʇ po ʎon ɔɐll ɐ ɾoʞǝ ʍıʇɥonʇ ɐ dnuɔɥlıuǝ
    "I've learned that people have used this space to post their experiences
    with and reactions to various works, including hunting down rare works
    like Candle Cove"

CANDLE COVE DOESN'T EXIST
  • edited 2011-08-09 13:40:07
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    Glenn... Don't change your vote to be spiteful.  That's just kind of being an asshole.

Changing your vote because you really believe that Troper Tales shouldn't be moved (not deleted, moved) offsite is fine, but changing your vote because you want to be spiteful is kind of a dick move.

Once again, the threat to "leave" over this, from either side, is a
    form of passive-aggressive argument that we are not interested in.
    Stated reasons should be for or against the proposal on its own merits,
    not about how your life or others' will be affected.
    If you're so tied up in this argument that you would actually
    suffer emotional harm from one of the outcomes, you need to leave and
    go get some fresh air. I don't really care if it's hyperbole; it's
    unwanted.

I don't think Fighteer was reading the thread very closely.
  • edited 2011-08-09 13:40:05
    Electric Boogaloo
    ^^^Its use of Iron Maiden's Rainmaker endears it to me, somewhat.
  • edited 2011-08-09 13:41:23
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    That's why I'm not going to change my vote on this basis; I'm only going to reconsider it.

@ColorPrinter: Oh.  Heh.  I'm amused at the joke.  Leave it in.

@Juan_Carlos: "linked them page per page"?  Huh?
This discussion has been closed.