If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

I am not ready to quit TV Tropes yet

Comments

• Lo and behold, Cygan, that 300 Tropers stood and fought until their last breath to get rid of Troper Tales!

-_-. sorry.

That's a big low right now, and it's sad too, cause the higher the numbers start ramping up, the less the opposition has to be.

200 votes to remove requires 101 votes for it to stay.

300 votes to remove requires 151 votes for it to say.

400 votes, 201.

500 votes, 251.

Etc etc, you get the idea.

Goddamn, this needing 2 to 1 is a pain in the ass.
  • You can change. You can.
    Why do I have the feeling that you will do that anyway...

Honestly, my feelings that I'd regret it immediately are stopping me from doing so. I've said it before and I'll say it again...I may not like the direction TvT has taken and the majority of the userbase sucks, but there's the cool people and the cool people is worth staying for, I think. Sadly, it is getting too hard, but I think I'll be able to take it or at least support it.

If said people do it, otoh, I don't have much reason to stay. But I don't see Haven, Blackmoon, Kinkajou and the like leaving for this, so I'm probably staying, for better or worse. 

But yeah, I think that by now I'm more of an IJBMer than I'm a troper and I'm fine with that. 
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    This is ridiculous. It essentially means that every time someone votes to cut it, their vote is only worth half as much as the other side's.

Anyway... Holy shit. I have two posts ready for when the mods see the current ones, and I still have another dozen Troper Tales pages to go through to write posts for.

Bi The Way had enough entries to get an entire post to itself.
  • edited 2011-08-09 06:50:47
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.

But yeah, I think that by now I'm more of an IJBMer than I'm a troper and I'm fine with that.

Oh Juan.  Y u always speak my mind.  I like the wiki and all, but I haven't really felt like a part of the TV Tropes community since the first IJBM died.  I'm much happier here than I would be trying to hang out over there.

This is ridiculous. It essentially means that every time someone votes
    to cut it, their vote is only worth half as much as the other side's.
    I agree.  We aren't amending the Constitution here, we don't need a supermajority.  >:l

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
     agree.  We aren't amending the Constitution here, we don't need a supermajority.  >:l

Except we do, because the major mods don't want to cut it and they won't accept a simple majority.
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    bleh

i meant we shouldn't need a supermajority
    His point is that it seems unnecessary.

what is really grating to me is that somehow giving the information to everybody that there's another place where they can put their anecdotes is against the rules and invalid.

In hindsight, I wish we had created the TT wiki pre-doing this whole thing.
    We really shouldn't. But for all their pretences at democracy, it boils down to a dictatorship that is giving us the appearance of democracy, and still overrides us any time they like.
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    ^ Is it bad that I hope Eddie decides to be dictatorial over this one issue, but get annoyed when he does it other times?

^^ I don't get that.  It's kind of important information that I think would impact a lot of people's votes.
    Is it bad that I hope Eddie decides to be dictatorial over this one issue, but get annoyed when he does it other times?

That is part of why he is a bad admin. He does not know when to act and when to not.

I don't get that.  It's kind of important information that I think would impact a lot of people's votes.

I think that is half the reason why. Remember that Eddie is fencing this issue, and Madrugada is vocal about her opposition. Both of them outrule the others, and Madrugada does not see how not doing this is revealing a bias in not giving the voters all the relevant facts.
    Please read that as if it had paranoid [wmg] tags attached.
  • Has friends besides tanks now
    . . . Why did I read the rest of that thread up until now.

Why.

I'm not supposed to be caring about that place anymore! D:<
    To reaffirm why you left.
    That is part of why he is a bad admin. He does not know when to act and when to not.

Truer words have yet to be spoken.

I've said it before and I'll say it again...Eddie really doesn't care about our opinion anymore. He just acts under whatever he thinks is consensus by TL;DRing the fuck out of threads and applying his own personal criteria to things that don't need it. (The whole Yuri incident)

I think that is half the reason why. Remember that Eddie is fencing this issue, and Madrugada is vocal about her opposition. Both of them outrule the others, and Madrugada does not see how not doing this is revealing a bias in not giving the voters all the relevant facts.

And we lost Bobby G's support...or at least, we lost it in the sense of discussion. I really wish the other mods would stand beside us and discuss alongside us rather than just enter at the first coupla posts and then leave. 
  • I think I may have started a little something at Tvtropes, a trend, if you will.

I'm posting a lot more in the thread though, for 3 reasons.
  • edited 2011-08-09 07:10:30
    @Cygan: Or else, she does see, and that's why she's not doing it.

Ninja'd.
    I did not wish to say that, because... I don't know. I don't think quite that badly of her yet.
    Um, Clocky...what exactly is your plan with this?

• edited 2011-08-09 07:43:44
    Belief
    Bringing up actual quantifiable points for the opposition so you can hopefully knock them down.

Because I'm tired of everyone sitting around when they should be arguing for the deletion of TT...

Because I want people to try their best, and when they do, I'll use that as an example that people with rational viewpoints and a willingness to discuss things are the ones who want Troper Tales gone, and those are the type of people we should try to have the site be about.

Or something like that, my apathy for this entire thing is just rising and rising.
  • Also as a note.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/CannibalismSuperpower

Image is a picture of Kirby, Only reason I have any clue is because of my fore-knowledge of Kirby.

Etc etc.
  • what is really grating to me is that somehow giving the information to
    everybody that there's another place where they can put their anecdotes
    is against the rules and invalid.

Pretty much this.
    If it serves as a consolation, if this doesn't pass you can use this as
    an argument to hold another crowner sooner than later (although Maddie won't allow it to be too soon).

I like the wiki and all, but I haven't really felt like a part of the TV Tropes community since the first IJBM died.

Yeah,
    back when IJBM1 died I thought I would switch my attention to the rest
    of the forums, which didn't happen. Just now I realized I've been a
    troper for longer than many regulars who are more ingrained in the
    community than I ever will.
    Just for reference, I have four further posts detailing Troper Tales to offer up. That will bring my significant list of them up to ten, each with at least 4 and many with more, all from random unrelated Tropes.
    Ah, Clockles and Cygan...the both of ya are comitted to this, huh?

I really hope this goes through. I got class in abit...so...um...yeah.

-pats the back of the both of ya-

Godspeed. 
    i think my brain has melted

Smilez 221 sez: I live in Sarcasm Mode, sometimes bordering on Jerkass. When I'm online, I use the emoticon 7_7 (or a variation) to indicate sarcasm. My answer for almost anything is always along the lines of "Nooo, REALLY? I thought it was the exact opposite!", "Because, yeah, that's totally how that works", and "No, I don't see an item. *Points out said item* Hey look, a completely different and unrelated item!" My life will be complete once I'm given the context to say "It's called a refrigerator. Contained within are food and drinks kept at a cold temperature." What's that? This is too long? It's long? Really? I thought it was short!

halp
    cygan no

you've done enough

get out of there

down that road lies only madness
    i feel like I have been hit in the brain with a lemon

punkreader sez: I guess I'll be the first one to kick off the new system. When I'm in school, people think I'm smart, funny, pretty, and so on - to the point, I found out, of being intimidated for some. Big, whopping self-confidence also gets mentioned a lot when I'm talked about. I'm also quite quiet, and known for, I quote "thought provoking comments" - people seem to think that I take all that time thinking about what I'm going to say, and how good I can make it. Nope. Not at all. I have low self-esteem and no self-worth: I'm not worth anyone's time or effort, I'm not any more intelligent than any of my other classmates, and I have a disturbingly difficult time saying what's on my mind. I used to be punished if I did so - severely. So what am I really spending all that time in class doing quietly? Getting up the nerve to say anything - and I usually make jokes, because I only feel good if I'm making others feel good. That self-confidence that other people see? Only because school is all I have, and I don't trust when others give me compliments. I always think that I'm being manipulated (because I was, by the same people - and most of my family - who punished me for speaking my mind, and not acting quiet and complacent At. All. Times.) and don't know how to deal with positive attention - I'm more used to criticism than praise - and I freak out inside when someone says I'm good at something. Not the good kind of freak out. My final aspect of Beneath The Mask is that I'm a very friendly, cheerful person who always has a smile on her face. People always compliment me on it. Always. It kind of makes me want to cry - as someone who can't stand it when she cries, I hate it. I'm actually severely depressed, and dealing with the aftermath of paternal Parental Abuse - but I can't let it show. In short, I feel like I can never, ever let anyone see me at less than 100%, even if I want nothing more than to admit how awful I feel. I am in counseling to deal with this, thankfully. The last, last thing is that I'm a masochist with a leather and a bondage kink, that no one knows about - same goes for my bisexuality. Only friends know, and I make teasing hints to classmates; when they figure out what's beneath the shy part of my mask, they tend to be surprised... And they figure it out very, very rarely.

;-;
    The crowner is back up at 2.20:1.
    cygan get out

its not worth it

save yourself
  • edited 2011-08-09 08:16:28
    MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    Mr. punkreader, I suggest speaking with a therapist rather than posting this stuff on TvTropes.

Heck, even a guidance counselor.
This discussion has been closed.