If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

I am not ready to quit TV Tropes yet

Comments

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    I will have your back if you phrase it well.

Type out a draft here or somethin'.
  • "Yes. And I sorta agree with that. We want consensus, not just a simple election." ~Juan

And look where a consensus is getting us now, A thread ignored but voters keeping something that the majority doesn't want.
  • edited 2011-08-08 23:41:30
    Poot dispenser here
    @Juan: I'm not sure about doing that.
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    What the mod said.
  • @INUH: Right, perhaps I phrased it wrong.

Eddie personally wanted IJBM gone, and as such he didn't ask for input from the (non-moderator) users before the decision was reached. In this case, he doesn't care one way or the other, so he's leaving it up to a vote.
  • Has friends besides tanks now
    Quoth Madrugada:

Moving The Goalposts only applies when the rules are changed once the criteria have been met.

I got nothin'.
  • Is there some word for a mixture of a dictatorship and a democracy?
  • Has friends besides tanks now
    Democtatorship?
  • edited 2011-08-08 23:45:15
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    Dicocracy.  (pronounced Dick-oc-ra-cy)
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    Dicktatercy. I dunno.

I saw that. I had absolutely no idea how to respond to that.
  • edited 2011-08-08 23:46:07
    Unrelatedly, I'm beginning to understand why deletion debates on Wikipedia stress that they're based on the strength of arguments, rather than a simple majority vote.
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    Fake democracy?
  • edited 2011-08-08 23:46:18
    Cue-bey
    I wonder what would have happened if they put deletion of IJBM to a vote? I mean obviously we liked it enough, but for the 6 hours I was in YF before I was banned I gathered people there thought it was some 4chan-esque cess pool.
  • edited 2011-08-08 23:55:49
    You can change. You can.
    And look where a consensus is getting us now, A thread ignored but voters keeping something that the majority doesn't want. 

Well, yeah, forget I said that.

Ok, here's what I've got:

We have shown constantly through this thread that TT brings in numerous bad entries and things we simply do not want in the site and that TT causes a lot of reports and work. And this is all due to the premise of the namespace. This is a place that encourages people to rant as they please about their lifes and how tropes apply to them, leading to braggadocio and the like.

Now, I want you to please pay attention to the "it causes a lot of reports and work for the mods" bit. This was the reason we gave for IJBM's deletion. And I think that if the staff was in the tiniest bit consistent, then, we'd give TT the same fate.
    Replace 'prove' with 'shown'.
  • edited 2011-08-08 23:51:49
    Belief
    Ooo Ooo Ooo

If I might add.

Look at IJBM 2, shoved off of the main sight and it's doing Good.
  • You can change. You can.
    Anyone else wanna chime in?
  • Replace "way too many" with numerous, sounds more professional.
  • Poot dispenser here
    I'm not sure about that last sentence.
  • edited 2011-08-08 23:56:51
    Has friends besides tanks now
    I can't think of much to add except replaces "lifes" with "lives" for optimal grammatical presentation.

And I think leaving it to "braggadocio and the like" for reasons is a little minimalist. Might as well throw it in that that braggadocio is also accompanied by aggrandizement of stuff that runs counter to the wiki's main purpose, on top of encouragement of therapy-worthy mindsets.
    I'm striking because while I feel is too much of an attack, I also feel that it is a valid pointing out.

Anyway, I feel that if I say this, it will lead to the "That was a subforum, therefore different" argument. 

So...um...any counter arguments as a head's up or something?
  • I gotta sleep now, but godspeed Juan
  • Poot dispenser here
    Can't think of any myself. I'm gonna retire for tonight anyways.
  • bets on the crowner going under 2.0 by noon central tomorrow?
  • edited 2011-08-09 02:38:23
    ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    DISREGARD THIS POST.
  • ...Is it too soon to be thinking about what I'll do if TT isn't deleted?
    Blugh, I feel that if I post it now, it'll be too random to work properly.

NINJACLOWN! PLEASE HELP ME STEER THE DIRECTION OF THE CONVERSATION.
    ^^ That's where I'm standing, so no.
  • edited 2011-08-09 02:38:28
    ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    DISREGARD THIS POST.
  • @Vorpy: I only accept bets in Bitcoins.
This discussion has been closed.