If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

I am not ready to quit TV Tropes yet

Comments

• edited 2011-08-08 23:16:01
    Belief
    Heh, Just rename the fucking thread "Troper Tales to get it's own Wiki" and then change the crowner to "We're moving Troper Tales to another site of it's own so it can expand and grow"

It's not a lie

That's not lieing!

@Vorpy: The problem is... People are putting a lot of work into making the wiki good and nice, not a site just for anything but analysis of literature and "Tropes"
  • I'LL STAY MAI HAUNDS...WITH YAU BLAHT
    Perhaps "jump ship" was the wrong word.
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    Well, except I gave up on TVTropes ages ago and don't plan on leaving here, so I'm not jumping any ships.

I'm staying here either way.  And I don't really post much in the forum anymore, apart from the occasional wiki talk/TRS thread Cygan links to. 

I do still like the wiki, though, even though it has a lot of problems.  But if they can't even bother to excise this tumor, I won't even be able to bring myself to care about it anymore.  I'll be out.
  • Ok Madrugada wants us to flag down the bad troper tales, If this isn't technically called a raid, we should all do that.

Go on and flag them.
  • edited 2011-08-08 23:24:43
    ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    Dwindling and dwindling the ratio falls

Everyone is on the edge of their seats, clinching their balls

I wonder if the tales will be gone for good?

Or will they remain there, still egotistical creepy and lewd?

WE SHOULD TOTALLY MAKE A TEAM OR SOMETHING, IT COULD BE LIKE IJBM'S SUPER BOWL.
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    And if this doesn't go through, then it will be affirmation of a trend I have noticed- that the Wiki does not really care about improving itself, instead just focusing on pleasing its' vocal userbase. At that point, I'm pretty much up and leaving Wiki Talk and TRS, as my efforts would be wasted.
  • edited 2011-08-09 02:38:05
    DISREGARD THIS POST.
  • @Cygan: I would never say your efforts are wasted, because you'll have learned a lesson ^_^

The lesson that despite evidence and reason and logic, people just won't listen sometimes.
  • You can change. You can.
    Leave the site? Concerning something you don't even read or look at? But Troper Tales doesn't make the Forum suddenly suck, does it? I am pretty sure discussions on Dr. Who and Game of Thrones wouldn't suddenly decrease in quality just because a very important part of the wiki isn't eradicated, right?

Honestly, I have better discussions about those here than there. 

And those have been disappointing here. Just sayin'
  • Has friends besides tanks now
    The biggest thing I don't get, regarding the possibility of nuking TT, is why a 2:1 ratio is required. Why can't they just let the side with more votes win? Even though the ratio will inevitably fall under 2:1, I doubt that it'll fall below 1:1, and that should be good enough for them, I say.
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    Agreed.  :l
  • Agreed with Everest.

Also, is it wrong that I'm kinda losing respect for Madrugada for defending TT?
  • Because you're oppressing the minority Everest.

And that's terrible.

• edited 2011-08-08 23:33:16
    Belief
    @Central: I CAN Understand where Madrugada is coming from actually, to be honest.

But it seems like she's ignoring Bobby G, the other Mod who does have to deal with TT and isn't too happy about it at all.
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    They want consensus. Not a majority.
  • edited 2011-08-08 23:34:55
    Has friends besides tanks now
    If the minority can't be bothered to defend themselves in the thread beyond altering the ratio to preserve their little hidey-hole, I say stamp them into the ground. When was the last time someone new came into the thread with a good reason to keep TT? Or anyone for that matter?
    Central- I am, too. Feels wrong, but I am.
    @Central Avenue: I never had much respect for Madrugada after she thumped me for a couple of black comedy jokes. 

@Everest: Because majority should win. And 51% is not a democratic majority. 

Yes, it doesn't make sense, but whatever.
  • If 600 people wanted to delete Tv Tropes, but because 301 didn't, they're going to keep it?
  • Can someone remind me of how TT somehow had a lower ration of crap:goodstuff than IJBM?
  • edited 2011-08-08 23:35:03
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    ^^ Sadly.
  • edited 2011-08-09 02:38:14
    DISREGARD THIS POST.
    @snowbull: Funnily enough, I'm using the arguments the mods used for IJBM's deletion. Yet mine are somehow invalid because they apply to something that...

I dunno lol

@Counterclock: Yes. And I sorta agree with that. We want consensus, not just a simple election.
  • edited 2011-08-08 23:39:39
    Tech support
    ^^^ I can't. If someone else can go ahead.

^That is just great. 
    Can someone remind me of how TT somehow had a lower ration of crap:goodstuff than IJBM?

I really wish I knew.
    Funnily enough, I'm using the arguments the mods used for IJBM's deletion. Yet mine are somehow invalid because they apply to something that...

Juan, can you please bring this up in the thread?
  • I think the obvious difference, though, is that Eddie wanted IJBM dead, but he doesn't want TT dead.
  • edited 2011-08-08 23:40:01
    Cue-bey
    Somebody make a direct comparison between the two in that thread, the crowner seems doomed anyway.

#notserious, that would only make things worse
  • edited 2011-08-08 23:40:46
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    ^^Eddie's post implied neutrality to me. I don't think he particularly cares for it; he just doesn't hate it.
    Juan, can you please bring this up in the thread?

Only if you guys got my back.
This discussion has been closed.