If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

The Drama Chronicles Thread

123457»

Comments

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

We should probably chronicle all that timewarp bullshit too.

• You can change. You can.

It's a bit too in your face, but it's otherwise sound. Then again, Chagen-bitching was just as annoying (And sometimes, as creepy) as Chagen himself was.

• edited 2012-05-10 22:29:31
    Has friends besides tanks now

In hindsight, while I know why it is that those comments ticked me off more than the actual behavior of most of our dramawhores, I understand that it's a silly reason. Specifically, my immediate emotional reaction to criticisms of my actions is to take it as a personal insult.

I think the only other time I got that annoyed with anyone here was when I found out that Chagen told some girl on FSTDT that he hoped she would get raped and die.

^ Yeah, it's honestly the uncharacteristic bluntness that I'm more ashamed of; I still hate it when people say they would have handled it differently.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Specifically, my immediate emotional reaction to criticisms of my actions is to take it as a personal insult.

And that's why they prove that you're human.

Specifically, my immediate emotional reaction to criticisms of my actions is to take it as a personal insult.

• That was a very understandable gripe, I think.

We should probably chronicle all that timewarp bullshit too.

I was thinking about making a general IJBM history thread and put that in there. I think I stopped writing for it when I realized I'd have to write something about Troper Tales' deletion...

Screw that, I'll make it anyway.

• We have reviewed your resume' and we find you delicious.
    Would you look at all the shit I missed.

Man, reading all the drama I've been in feels surreal. My grammar was awful(er).

Still, it's a very good read and it gives me food for thought. 

You're doing God (of drama)'s work, Stormtroper. Keep it that way.

• The Lord's work! Bringing truth and clarity to the ignorant, light and glory to the darkness!
  • The Dark Eric Draven

1. On 20/04/12 Glennmagusharvey creates "All the NSFW stuff coming off of TVT currently", suggesting that a repository for TV Tropes articles deleted due to the (then new) no-NSFW policy be made.

2. Still on the first page, while explaining his recent ban from TV Tropes, TheDarkEricDraven admits in passing to being sexually attracted to (real-life) children. The inevitable derail centers around his pedophilia, suggestions for psychiatric counseling, the nonchalance of the announcement and some of his following posts that went into detail, being a pedophile vs. acting on it, his apologies and their credibility, forum and real-life etiquette, seeing things in terms of fiction (after a few of his posts to that note), pedophilia vs. lolicon, Chagen, tnu (and comparisons to both of them), failed attempts at rerailing, and a few other mocking posts.

TheDarkEricDraven is then banned, and it's revealed that he'd been warned about importing drama regarding his ban.

3. A discussion then begins on that same thread about the posters' behaviour on it, particularly the comparisions to Chagen and tnu, and on whether the reactions were appropriate/understandable or if a more calm approach at reaching him into seeking therapy should have been taken or at least set aside the mocking comments, on whether this should be considered a responsibility, and a few other points.

Eventually the tendency of topics related to TV Tropes to cause drama is brought up, leading to a discussion about restricting discussions about TV Tropes, rejecting applications from users who would only join to talk about TV Tropes, and eventually reworking the rules, resulting in "Rules Thread 4.0 (Please Read)".

• Bumpan for update.

• JHMJHM
    Here, There, Everywhere

I'd appreciate a brief summary of what happened while I was asleep/watching The West Wing, if anyone's cool with that.

• a little muffled
    Former user returns expecting IJBM to be like it was in its early days. It isn't.
  • Some people take it poorly.

• Disapproval at mods for not reacting quickly enough even though they live in different timezones and want to be on the same page. Whining about wonderposting in a wonderpost thread because Vanilla doesn't have a thread ignore function(not even a Greasemonkey script findable). Exaggerated OH THE HUGE MANATEE/barely veiled flounce threats and have-we-learned-nothing-from-previous-drama without a hint of irony. Passive-aggressive avatars.

• I doubt it can be considered just innocent wonderposting if it actually results in a ban~

but bob

nobody is innocent

thus

everybody's innocent

qed bitches

• It was phrased in such a way that it read more as "blegh, the inanity" instead of just "blegh, kiddiefiddler". But whatevs, no use if I flip over parsing ambiguities.

• edited 2013-01-15 19:34:22

Aww, do I have to write it? The thing didn't get out of control or had us duking it out for days afterwards.

Well, I wouldn't get to write anything anymore if I things like this don't count, so I guess I will.

• Return of evilneko

Origins: On january 13th, evilneko returns to IJBM after an absence of about 17 months following her ban for posting a (non-loli) NSFW picture after being told to stop and creates in quick succession the threads "evilneko no ongaeshi""Rin almost got raeped." and "I can finally bear to look at this site again."

"Rin almost got raeped." (Rin being the main character from the controversial Kodomo no Jikan manga and anime, a little girl with a crush on her teacher) quickly becomes about asking what Kodomo no Jikan is, statements that it shouldn't be discussed, and posting your favourite swords, before getting locked.

"evilneko no ongaeshi" ("evilneko's return of favour" in Japanese) about her return, as well as lolis, loli derails, and the lolicon controversy throughout TV Tropes and related sites.

"I can finally bear to look at this site again.", a Wonderful Posts thread, quickly becoming about posting drama incidents as if they were episodes from an IJBM TV Show. The thread then turns into a competition between InsanityAddict posting My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic macros against evilneko posting "better than ponies" loli macros (since changed to plain blue images with the text "Somewhere along the way, IJBM forgot it's just a forum"), eventually evilneko is banned and the thread is locked.

Outcome: A discussion then occurs on the activity page's ban entry, mostly centering around whether the ban was quick enough or not.

• edited 2014-01-01 12:58:37

Reserved so as to make the next entry be a new page post.

• edited 2014-01-01 13:09:36

The Mass Exodus

The trigger:

On 06/05/13 two heated discussions sparked up, one in "Vydia Gaems General" over SpecOps and one in '"Andrew Jackson was so badass"' over the nature of the word "badass", both involving Super Lazuli and ClockworkUniverse. The latter thread in particular had Super Lazuli say "but let's be honest, no one on this site cares about what anyone else on this site says on any meaningful level, so why bother?"

Combined with past behaviour, this led to mod intervention. What happened at this time ocurred in the mod's backroom, and is not available for public eyes. The result of this is was that Super Lazuli was banned by All Nines.

The detonation:

On the Activity page's ban announcement various users expressed their regret over the ban. MadassAlex mentioned that the ban was for a week long, then ClockworkUniverse accused him of lying and announced that he was leaving the site "Because IJBM is an extremely unpleasant place, and the mod team is largely unwilling to do anything about it."

Forzare in turn announced on the activity page that he was leaving the site, too, then so did All Nines, followed by Saigyouji. Forzare later made a more throughout farewell post in "IJBMer Updates", various users bid their farewells, and glennmagusharvey roughly explains what happened. Various users showed consternation over the events, making multiple conversations about it throughout the activity page. Naas_H_Sapiens was then made a mod.

The result:

As a consequence of all this, many regular users stopped their usual forum activity shortly thereafter, none of which have returned to regular posting as of this post:

• Super Lazuli was unbanned a week later, but did not resume posting.

• ClockworkUniverse, also making his signature "No longer an IJBMer."

• Forzare: "It's been fun, but it's time for me to move on."

• All Nines: "I think I'm out too. Take care, everyone."

• Saigyouji: "Auf wiedersehen. If you need me, you know where to find me."

• MillerCross drastically reduced his posting activity, having only made six posts since.

• Elektross drastically reduced his posting activity, making only three posts in the following days, plus the activity comment "Oh man, I've seen this sort of thing before. It didn't end well."

• Malkavian drastically reduced his posting activity, having only made two posts since.

• Alkthash had recently returned to the site after a short absence, but did not post after these events.

• Nova quietly left the site.

• DYRE quietly left the site.

As a result of this, IJBM's activity plummeted.

According to Naas_Human, one of the users who left said that the reason for at least some of them to leave is frustration caused by the circular nature of discussions, certain users dominating threads, and unfriendly, annoying attitudes that were still within the rules.

• JHMJHM
    Here, There, Everywhere

You forgot me, but most people do.

• "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

Does it mean you're back, or just passing through?

• ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    Homeostasis.