If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

The Drama Chronicles Thread

Comments

• edited 2011-11-25 15:46:46
    Has friends besides tanks now
    The only thing Anne did that counts as teasing is making a snowclone that turned into a legitimate discussion before I saw it and could lock it.

I feel like we could probably have a thread on the subject without AHR or Cakman to overreact to the things said, but I ain't exactly about to make the thread.

I'll be chill (heck, I was pretty chill during the actual drama, I'll have you know), assuming I'm not too busy dissecting/finishing 1984 to participate anyway.
  • I'm going to be totes chill.
  • By the by, can we keep talk about on-going drama out of this thread next time? It kinda bugs me that this thread is influencing what's written on this thread.
  • edited 2011-11-25 22:52:53
    Hey, guys, what's been going on here while I was go... well shit.
  • I went on vacation to Phoenix and what is this.
  • One foot in front of the other, every day.
    By the by, can we keep talk about on-going drama out of this thread
    next time? It kinda bugs me that this thread is influencing what's
    written on this thread.

On the other hand, the meta is delicious.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Yo dawg, I heard you like talking about threads, so I gave you a thread talking about threads that you can talk about so you can talk about threads while you talk about threads.
  • Anyway, this wasn't unprecedented or entirely out of the blue, but it's still somewhat surprising. AHR is generally better than this.
  • No rainbow star
    I'd be cool with such a thread
  • Has friends besides tanks now
    ^ Good thing the thread's three threads down.
  • No rainbow star
    ^ Huh. Thought that got locked and that was why people were wanting to try again

I am not doing well for thinking lately...
  • Cocks

On November 12 Vivi posts "Cocks (NSFW)", with an embedded picture of an unspecified IJBMer's penis. Disapproving comments are almost unanimously made. The embedded image is changed to a link and the title is changed to "Cocks (Now SFW)" by a mod. At one point MadassAlex half-jokingly comments about his posting behaviour being affected by what Something Awful would think of his posts. The thread is locked.

The rules thread is updated to add a statement reserving the mods the right to remove unacceptable content, regardless of NSFW markings.

"In after lock is made", starting as a joke thread, it turns into an argument between Vivi and everybody else about the above thread's lock.

"Oh, a big name forum is going to make fun of us..." gets made (its OP and title since edited out), about the opinions of Something Awful's TV Tropes' thread posters influencing posting behaviour, quickly turning into commentary about the above thread's incidents, then an argument between Vivi (who later relents) against various others on there being a reason for the lock.

Around this time IanExMachina changes the posts in "Cocks (SFW)" into pictures of literal cocks, and unlocks it. The thread then becomes about IanExMachina's edits, plus additional wonderposting.

"Oh, a big name forum is going to make fun of us..." then becomes about SA's relationship to TV Tropes and its periphery. It's eventually pointed out that nobody had actually seriously considered what SA's opinions on the incident would be. Two days later the issue would be brought back, followed with posts about how the thread should be left behind, along with the whole incident.

As a side effect to these events, the snowclones "Pussies", "Clocks (SFW)", "Corks"  and "Oh a big Fauna is going to make fun of us!" got made.

Post: On November 18, Vivi's ban is decided and later applied, spawning a conversation in "IJBMer Updates" and the Activity page.

• Apparent Rape Fixation

First: On November 24, a thread on TV Tropes titled "Apparent rape fixation" about rape in fiction and its appeal is started by Annebeeche, in which a very heated argument is had mostly involving her (against it) versus AHR and Cakman (on the pro side).

Then: On November 24, AHR creates '"You need help"', complaining about the phrase. It's eventually revealed that it's about the above TV Tropes thread (which had used the phrase in its OP). The IJBM thread in turn becomes about rape in fiction, the argument this time involves AHR and Everest who locked the thread as it soured. The TV Tropes' thread is locked at about the same time.

AHR immediately creates "Apparent Female Fixation", a snowclone using the TV Tropes thread's OP and one of AnneBeeche's posts on it but changing every instance of the word "rape" to "female". The thread is quickly locked by Everest.

AHR immediately creates "Hey, Everest.", attacking Everest and asking to be banned. He complies by banning her for a month, and locks the thread.

Cakman creates "Wait a minute.", asking what just happened. After an explanation, the thread turns into an argument about AHR's ban which includes Cakman posting AHR's comments , eventually getting locked by Everest.

Around the same time, the ban is commented upon on the Activity page, and a PM conversation is made continuing the discussion about rape and AHR's ban.

AnneBeeche is then banned for importing/exporting drama. This is reversed after a short discussion mentioning her lack of involvement for the most part on the above IJBM threads.

Cakman is banned for a week for importing drama and relaying messages from a banned user.

Ultimately: A discussion about the events is had on "The Drama Chronicles Thread", in which the suggestion to make a thread on rape-fetishism is eventually made and executed, progressing with no incidents.

• Likes cheesecake unironically.

Can't we just let all this shit rest?

• You can change. You can.

"no" - George Santayana.

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

I don't see how this is going to cause any kind of drama revival. Besides, this thread is generally only updated some time after a spat of drama has died down.

Furthermore, I'm not going to deny that I sometimes have good memories concerning some episodes of drama. The whole cocks thing was pretty amusing, especially Ian's edits.

• Also, history. We must consider our responsibility to future generations!

Like I said, George Santayana.

• yea i make potions if ya know what i mean

Well this is my first time here in several months and what an impression this has made.

:| 

• No rainbow star
    Maybe the thread should be sunk? Then it can be updated, and people who want to know about the drama here can ask and be given a link, but it won't scare away potential new users?

I'm not mad or anything. Just flabbergasted at all the stuff that has happened.

And I've been here since day one. I just take long breaks because I am tsundere for this site. 

• I just don't come here all the time, so it's nice to see what happened while I'm away.

• I'd rather we appeal to new users by not being idiots and jerks instead of by sweeping it under the rug when we are.
  • edited 2012-01-13 16:21:32
    yea i make potions if ya know what i mean

There are places on the internet where you can not be idiots and jerks?

I am shocked, shocked sir, by such an implication. 

• edited 2012-01-13 16:26:31
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

Things have actually been pretty good for about a month or two (I forget, when was Chagen banned?), with the exception of one banning that was really just cleaning up after something that happened awhile ago but wasn't caught immediately. This thread just kinda updates way after the fact.

I'd be in favor of the threadsinking idea. I'm not a fan of this thread at all, though not enough so to rule against having it at all.

I could care less either way.

I say that keeping history that will be referenced further in time (Because it will, let's face it. How many times do we mention, say, Chagen?) in a place where a new user can consult it without having them go to the fucking bottom of everything is way better than, you know, put it in a place where they have to go to the fucking bottom of everything.

• No rainbow star
    ^ We mention Chagen as often as we mention Chagen, usually in a Chagen related Chagen circumstance where some Chagen-like user acts Chagen-ly

Chagen

And now the name feels weird in my head, like if I went blaghablooplesnort :<
  • What are you on about?

Chagen.